Parks and Recreation vol. Ron Swanson ftw

I'm gonna miss the finale, but I'll catch it later tonight...hoping/knowing it's going to be great

I'm gonna miss the finale, but I'll catch it later tonight...hoping/knowing it's going to be great

Originally Posted by Big J 33

tumblr_l5y6t4HnnW1qc41a4o1_400.gif
YOU SHOT MY MERCEDES!!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Skip if you haven't seen yet, spoilers follow...
First episode was good, nothing spectacular. Ron with the swivel chair was an awesome gag, April's "desk", Donna's keyboard, and the return of the 4th floor plus Leslie's mom.
Second episode was one of the best, hard to top The Fight but they did a damn good job of trying. Lil Sebastian was too hilarious not to revisit and I'm glad they did. Bringing out the whole town for an outrageously grand memorial was perfect, I love how crazy this town is. Ron's love of the horse and his emotional reactions to it was perfect. "I've cried twice in my life, once when I was a kid and was hit by a school bus, and then when I heard Lil Sebastian died" "rollin Jean-Ralphio was definitely testing the theory of "funny in small doses but not in large" but I still enjoyed him. I think he would get tiresome if he was a series regular, but as a guest star he's perfect... "Your eyes about to piss tears"
laugh.gif
He and Donna work great together.

I couldn't be more impressed with the chemistry between April and Andy and how the writers and actors have handled the marriage, I can't recall a couple on TV that has been so natural and believable, but they're awesome together. April's note to Jerry "You're going to fail" or something to that effect was perfect. Plus the return of Detlef
roll.gif
what more could you ask for.

Story wise it made a lot of sense to introduce the possibility of public office for Leslie, the show needs a story for next season and I imagine her campaign/decision to run will take up a bulk of the storyline. It didn't feel very finale-esque but it did give some resolution as to what we should expect. Tom being away from the office (I hope and assume Aziz is still returning for next season), Leslie and a mayoral race, it looked like they were setting up a Chris and Ann reunion which I won't mind at all, and I loved the return of Tammy 2 plus the fact that she was terrified of the first Tammy... I wish we got a glimpse of her but I think the writers will have her play a role for next season so we'll have to wait.

All in all it was a tremendous season, too bad it wasn't a full order but they still delivered. I cannot wait for next season.. it will LITERALLY be the greatest thing in the world

First episode was good, nothing spectacular. Ron with the swivel chair was an awesome gag, April's "desk", Donna's keyboard, and the return of the 4th floor plus Leslie's mom.
Second episode was one of the best, hard to top The Fight but they did a damn good job of trying. Lil Sebastian was too hilarious not to revisit and I'm glad they did. Bringing out the whole town for an outrageously grand memorial was perfect, I love how crazy this town is. Ron's love of the horse and his emotional reactions to it was perfect. "I've cried twice in my life, once when I was a kid and was hit by a school bus, and then when I heard Lil Sebastian died" "rollin Jean-Ralphio was definitely testing the theory of "funny in small doses but not in large" but I still enjoyed him. I think he would get tiresome if he was a series regular, but as a guest star he's perfect... "Your eyes about to piss tears"
laugh.gif

I couldn't be more impressed with the chemistry between April and Andy and how the writers and actors have handled the marriage, I can't recall a couple on TV that has been so natural and believable, but they're awesome together. April's note to Jerry "You're going to fail" or something to that effect was perfect. Plus the return of Detlef
roll.gif

Story wise it made a lot of sense to introduce the possibility of public office for Leslie, the show needs a story for next season and I imagine her campaign/decision to run will take up a bulk of the storyline. It didn't feel very finale-esque but it did give some resolution as to what we should expect. Tom being away from the office (I hope and assume Aziz is still returning for next season), Leslie and a mayoral race, it looked like they were setting up a Chris and Ann reunion which I won't mind at all, and I loved the return of Tammy 2 plus the fact that she was terrified of the first Tammy... I wish we got a glimpse of her but I think the writers will have her play a role for next season so we'll have to wait.

All in all it was a tremendous season, too bad it wasn't a full order but they still delivered. I cannot wait for next season.. it will LITERALLY be the greatest thing in the world

Again, spoilers...  but a great interview with Alan Sepinwall and co-creator Mike Schur who also plays Mose on The Office
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-a...n-co-creator-mike-schur-post-mortems-season-3

"Parks and Recreation" just concluded a remarkable season of TV comedy: 16 episodes (6 produced last spring, the other 10 after a long break while Amy Poehler had her baby), and not a bad one in the bunch. And the streak goes back at least 5 episodes into season 2 - I might be inclined to draw the line at "Park Safety," if only because I didn't like Andy Samberg's character - but more likely 11 episodes back, with "The Set Up" as the last episode that didn't work overall. So they've been cooking with gas for a very long time now.

I've already posted my review of the season-ending double feature, and I did an extended e-mail interview with the show's co-creator, Mike Schur, about some of the thinking behind season 3's stories, the limits he and Greg Daniels try to place on both the town of Pawnee and characters like Ron Effing Swanson, and a lot more. 

The obvious question first: how could you introduce us to the joy and majesty of Li'l Sebastian and then take him away from us in the same season? Just how cruel are you people?

We’re pretty damned cruel. Originally, we had the idea that a human would die – perhaps Mayor Gunderson, or Councilman Dexhart, from some kind of venereal disease “perfect storm.

Again, spoilers...  but a great interview with Alan Sepinwall and co-creator Mike Schur who also plays Mose on The Office
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-a...n-co-creator-mike-schur-post-mortems-season-3

"Parks and Recreation" just concluded a remarkable season of TV comedy: 16 episodes (6 produced last spring, the other 10 after a long break while Amy Poehler had her baby), and not a bad one in the bunch. And the streak goes back at least 5 episodes into season 2 - I might be inclined to draw the line at "Park Safety," if only because I didn't like Andy Samberg's character - but more likely 11 episodes back, with "The Set Up" as the last episode that didn't work overall. So they've been cooking with gas for a very long time now.

I've already posted my review of the season-ending double feature, and I did an extended e-mail interview with the show's co-creator, Mike Schur, about some of the thinking behind season 3's stories, the limits he and Greg Daniels try to place on both the town of Pawnee and characters like Ron Effing Swanson, and a lot more. 

The obvious question first: how could you introduce us to the joy and majesty of Li'l Sebastian and then take him away from us in the same season? Just how cruel are you people?

We’re pretty damned cruel. Originally, we had the idea that a human would die – perhaps Mayor Gunderson, or Councilman Dexhart, from some kind of venereal disease “perfect storm.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

How over the top was Andy's song? Over the top in the most amazing way possible
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

How over the top was Andy's song? Over the top in the most amazing way possible
laugh.gif

It made perfect sense
laugh.gif

What else is 5,000 times better than Candle in the Wind?

It made perfect sense
laugh.gif

What else is 5,000 times better than Candle in the Wind?

Episode 15

- When Ron looks at the "prison desk" for the first time and goes "WHAT THE F&%$ IS THAT" i was dying
- By far the best part was the old lady yelling at Ron asking if he was listening to her as he swiveled in circles

Episode 16

- Epic Ron Swanson line "I've cried twice in my life, once when I was a kid and was hit by a school bus, and then when I heard Lil Sebastian died"
- The Andy song was awesome
- Love April and Andy
- Setting up Leslie for office was good
- Can't wait to see who is Tammy 1...the way Ron said her name like she was the terminator...
- Tammy 2 running away
- Hopefully Aziz Ansari comes back

All in all it was a great season, the wait for season 4 will be a long one...but I can't wait!!

Episode 15

- When Ron looks at the "prison desk" for the first time and goes "WHAT THE F&%$ IS THAT" i was dying
- By far the best part was the old lady yelling at Ron asking if he was listening to her as he swiveled in circles

Episode 16

- Epic Ron Swanson line "I've cried twice in my life, once when I was a kid and was hit by a school bus, and then when I heard Lil Sebastian died"
- The Andy song was awesome
- Love April and Andy
- Setting up Leslie for office was good
- Can't wait to see who is Tammy 1...the way Ron said her name like she was the terminator...
- Tammy 2 running away
- Hopefully Aziz Ansari comes back

All in all it was a great season, the wait for season 4 will be a long one...but I can't wait!!

Back
Top Bottom