::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

i think the best part of this deal for pau is he has bynum and turiaf to do the "dirty" work for him inside...the grizzlies have been trying for thelongest to get another big man to compliment his game and now pau has two players that can consistently help him inside
smokin.gif

finally the lakers front office are doing their job and thinking positively!

I want to #%#% kobe'swife*
laugh.gif

But on the real, imstoked on this trade. Itll be a little tough on the defensive end with both bynum and gasol in there, but on offense they are almost effin unstoppable. Look atthe first and second string lineups..

Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Kobe
Fish

Turiaf
Radman
Ariza
Sasha
Farmar

Luke and Mbenga also. Cot damn this lakeshow team is stacked. I forgot we still have that hot piece of garbage named Chris Mihm.

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

Around the league, the reaction of executives and coaches was unanimous: What a nightmare for us. When reached with the news, one Western Conference executive said simply, "Are you kidding? (Expletive) me."
hmm wonder who said that...
roll.gif

Steve Kerr?

I'm still laughing right now about this trade. What a great day for Los Angeles fans. Our front court will be vicious when Bynum get back.

And the thing about it is that Pau is only like 27. I am still in disbelief that Mitch actually came through. Western Conf. GM's are pissed!
pimp.gif

Details On The Gasol Deal

February 1, 2008

toolbar_tools_15px.gif
[img]http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/toolbar_print_15px.gif[/img]

Why Make the Deal?
Gasol is a polished offensive presence with the ability to operate in the post and to hit the mid-range jumper. He presents the potential of a 4 headed offensive monster for the Lakers with Pau, Kobe, Andrew and Lamar. Gasol is an established all-star caliber player (2006) with career averages of 18.8 points and 8.6 rebounds.

[table][tr][td]
Year
[/td] [td]
Team
[/td] [td]
FG%
[/td] [td]
RPG
[/td] [td]
BPG
[/td] [td]
APG
[/td] [td]
PPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
01-02
[/td] [td]
MEM
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
02-03
[/td] [td]
MEM
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
03-04
[/td] [td]
MEM
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
04-05
[/td] [td]
MEM
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
05-06
[/td] [td]
MEM
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
06-07
[/td] [td]
MEM
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
07-08
[/td] [td]
MEM
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Career
[/td] [td]
--
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
It is an adage that you want to get the best player in the trade and the Lakers achieve that. In terms of how to get better, both long term and short term while Andrew Bynum is out, the Lakers needed a front court presence and had few trading chips to do that. One of the big ones was Kwame's expiring deal and Mitch was able to use that to help the team.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Just asking, but what would you Laker fans do if this deal ends up being horribly wrong for the Lakers and great for the Grizz?
honest question....have you seen kwame brown play? no....really...have you seen him play?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

jblackcat13 wrote:

Just asking, but what would you Laker fans do if this deal ends up being horribly wrong for the Lakers and great for the Grizz?

honest question....have you seen kwame brown play? no....really...have you seen him play?

The optimum situation i can see for the grizz is that Crittendon turns into a solid starting point guard and the first round picks we gave up amount to qualityplayers along with Marc Gasol.

But if you meant "great for the grizz" like Kwame becoming an offensive presence, it will not happen.

But to answer your question, no i will not be upset if this improves the Grizz drastically in a few years because we've been trying to get either Pau Gasolor J. O'Neal so we could have that front count dominance, but with J.O'Neal being injured and inconsistent at best, i believe Mitch did a great job ingetting Pau Gasol. We'll see how he affects the chemistry of the team. It should be good though!

Either way, I'm psyched!

Back
Top Bottom