::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

just beat the cavs with the new look lakers on 2k8
pimp.gif

i never knew what people saw in crittenton. dude dribbles too much...

also, the first rounders the lakers are giving up wont hurt them either because phil's dumb $%@ doesnt even play rookies that much..

and about the hornets, i wouldnt put them in the top of the west elite.

Chris Paul deserves the mvp this year because hes making an average team look like an elite team...

I mean look at that roster...
laugh.gif

I couldn't believe the news when I read on my cell phone. Great trade for the Lakers. Gasol is a top 10 center, an instant upgrade over Brown. Their frontline will be crazy when Bynum gets back. More importantly, Gasol doesn't hav to be the main scoring threat and Odom doesn't have to be the 2nd option.I can only hope for a Lakers/Celtics final.

i never knew what people saw in crittenton. dude dribbles too much...
i thought the same thing. he tries to make those sick passes only to loose it or make a bad decision

Damn, just got online and confirmed the news (for myself)! I'm still slapping myself to see if I'm just dreaming or what!
laugh.gif

Gasol on the Lakers is SOOOOOOOO nice!!! But somehow, Kwame's departure is even NICER!!
laugh.gif

Kupchak is definitely getting his game on!
pimp.gif

the lakers destroyed the hornets at new orleans with bynum so idk if they are on the level of the suns, mavs, or spurs

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

This is more of a Kwame not being on the Lakers celebration!!!

More like one for Kwame's 9 million dollar salary being off the Lakers' payroll. But it wouldn't be a bad move for the Lakers to resign him ina month, for $300K. A more reliable backup 5 than Mihm.

Originally Posted by knightngale

the lakers destroyed the hornets at new orleans with bynum so idk if they are on the level of the suns, mavs, or spurs

The Suns lost to the TWolves..

Damn I already have an authentic Pau Gasol jersey I bought from a Grizzlies game in Memphis 2 years ago......
tired.gif

Good luck for him to be a Laker.

They can go to West semi-finals... or even West finals...
If everyone play as a team, with the return of Bynum...
Also, they can achieve it, if Kwame goes to D-League.

Around the league, the reaction of executives and coaches was unanimous: What a nightmare for us. When reached with the news, one Western Conference executive said simply, "Are you kidding? (Expletive) me."
hmm wonder who said that...
roll.gif

This is the type of move that Memphis needed to make. I just don't know if it is the right one. They seem to be set at pg for the future with Conley,Lowry, and La Bomba. They should have maybe tried for a promising young wing player or big.

This offseason will be very, very critical for the next 5-10 years of their franchise, and that's for sure. They can't go out on the market and signmediocre players to ludicrous contracts.

Chris Wallace was the Celtics former general manager, and he is infamous for the Vin Baker trade, trading Joe Johnson for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers, anddrafting Joe Forte. No clue why any franchise would ever hire the guy. I would still be fuming over the franchise hiring this guy if i was a memphis fan.

But this season? JUST this season? They're legit, and they definitely deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns.

Too early to crown them. You make a name for yourself in the post season and its still early February.

Just asking, but what would you Laker fans do if this deal ends up being horribly wrong for the Lakers and great for the Grizz?

^^start saying trade gasol-DO IT MITCH

That's all we'll see if it doesn't work out

damn I haven't checked this post since it was at 8 pages but i'm so excited. Good job Mitch. Lakeshow should really be a problem in the next year orthree.......

WOW

Im not a Lakers fan but this is one of the greatest deals I've seen in a long time.

I cant believe Memphis made this trade.

The Lakers was the best team in the NBA before Bynum got injured.
The Hornets dont have a bench, San Antonio is old, the Suns dont play a symblance of D, Dallas is a pure Iso team and that wont work in the playoffs. Its notlike it would have taken a move to bring us back to the upper group of teams. While not the favs for this year next year they should be the favs

I really laugh at anybody who says we only marginally improve with the addition of Gasol because he is supposedly soft.. We don't need him to be anenforcer on the block, we have another guy named Bynum who will be pretty good at that. We don't need him to be the guy we go to in crunch time when weneed a bucket, that will be taken care of by a future HOF named Kobe. Point is we don't need Gasol to be an all world player here. All we will need him todo is play his role in the high post where he is at his best. His addition should open things up for everyone, hopefully he is that missing piece for theLakers that makes them a true championship contender.

Back
Top Bottom