PC Gamers! Vol. All two of you

Originally Posted by KkennethJ

Quite fancy has alotta gadgets on it.
I got it cause newegg said it was the "Official Board for World Wide Overclocking Event"
Can't go wrong with ASUS or Gigabyte.

And thanks Supr.
<3 One Piece lulx
can't see how bleach and naruto is more popular, must be all them little kids
FINALLY, I got my whole squad on Naruto then bleach but they wont have one piece at all, when its the one with the deeper story.
Only one of my boys (dude who got me on NT) is finally seeing the light.
Don't mean to thread jack but One Piece FTW.
pimp.gif

Cant wait for this to drop
pimp.gif

Silverstone_RV02_head.jpg

RV02-Insidstucture.jpg

2web19z.jpg

The case rotates things 45 degrees so the three fans on the bottom are blowing upward, you put the cables in from the top

2a5c239.jpg

and you put the cover on when you're done
pimp.gif

2a8oj1i.jpg

This has nothing to do with gaming but i finally got one of the HTPC'S hooked up in the living room.

Still needs tweaking but so far so good. As you can see i still have to rip all of those dvd's
frown.gif
and get the tv wall mounted. Once the tv is mounted, a big %+$ B&W center channel will take it's place.

Future plans are
Move the kef floorstanders to rear duty and get some B&W floorstanders or bookshelfs on stands.
Get a new xbox..RROD F T L
Rip all the blu-rays(that's gonna take years)
laugh.gif

I have 2 15" fi q car subs laying around so they'll be used for home theater. They'll be put in a 14 cubic foot box tuned to 16-18 hz powered by abehringer 2500. Hiding them in the wall infinitebaffle style would've been lovely, but that cost too much..
Cop a ps3
Sell the bluray player
Possibly get a better receiver or a pre amp.

i just built a new rig, because my old set-up died on me.
& seriously, I spend most of my gaming time on just halo...
pimp.gif

coolermaster HAF case
4 GB ddr2 ram
ASUS P5Q mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz
Cooler Master V8
Ultra X3 1000w PSU
EVGA GeForce GTX 260 1792MB

pics:
2q2latk.jpg

50mtqq.jpg

Originally Posted by sole vintage

^ WOW
sick.gif
in a good way

Believe it or not, all that stuff is from old/misc builds put together to look nice
laugh.gif

The onkyo 606 receiver was picked up on craigslist for 55 bucks since it had a blown capacitor. was 650 when it first dropped sometime in 08.
Kef floorstanders were picked up for 85 each @ J&R music world since they were open box. They retail for about 250-300 each.
Yamaha center channel is from an old pos home theater in box setup i had way back in 06.
TV was a gift from my brother back in 07.
htpc was put together with spare parts from old builds/rigs i took apart. The newest thing in there is probably a fan and the gtx 285 vanilla
laugh.gif

^ everything looks so clean

how is the onkyo 606 receiver i wanted to get one two years ago,but opted to get a home theater in box setup not a good idea.

i was worried about getting the separate speakers if i purchased the receiver .

i like the backlight behind the TV the people in the AV forums say it make the overall picture look great

The 606 is a nice receiver. Has dolby and dts decoders, plenty of hdmi ports, TONS of power. 90 watts per channel is no joke. My only gripe is that itdoesn't do 1080p upscaling....I'd like to step up to the 706 but it cost 899
sick.gif

oh yeah, i recommend this psu to everyone, thing is a beast & slick as hell. You only connect what you want!

Ultra X3 1000w PSU

j6pkcy.jpg

noybfk.jpg

Dota is where it's at!
Used to mess with 1.6 but my computer fell off, to choppy to play it seriously
Anyone here know if bootlegged version of fallout 3 is cool? I wasn't sure if I should cop cause my computer isn't all that great but I can get it fordirt cheap.
Still in the process of beating the OG Fallout.

Originally Posted by sunny559

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

1000w is overkill for your build.
im playing it safe now, i've blown enough 750's...

Even a 750w is more than enough for that setup, its all about efficiency. http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Originally Posted by nnarum

^ That case is genius! Heat rises, so why not blow it up?

Cost?
nerd.gif

There's currently one site selling it $180 plus shipping which is $52
smh.gif
Its called the Silverstone Raven 02. In retrospect im going to wait for theFortress FT02 as I like how it looks on the outside much better. Should of kept the design of the first Raven
smh.gif

Fortress ft02

DSCF9098-big.jpg

2rp5puw.jpg

Raven rv02

raven-rv02-front.jpg

just built a new pc... around 550 dollars if you dont count hard drive,monitor, headphones/speakers, and cd rom(i already had from my last pc)

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz - CPU
OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W - PSU (it was on sale for 50 dollars, modular PSU)
ASUS EAH4870 DK/HTDI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB - VGA
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 - MoBo
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 - Ram
Case...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

its extremely cheap right now to put together a computer that runs every game at highest settings. i have a monitor with native resolution at 1680x1050, so notgoing any higher than that. Call of Duty 4 runs flawlessly all the way up, and i think i can probably get 45fps with crysis all the way up but i havntinstalled it yet, id probably scale it down until i was getting atleast 60fps. im running windows 7 ultimate and its amazing. i am sure a new gen of cards isaround the corner, but a 4870 with 1gig of ram for 150 is going to allow me to play starcraft 2 and diablo 3..easily, and thats all i really cared about. 5years ago i may have dropped 1200 dollars on a top of the line, but for 550 this machine has gone above and beyond what i expected at the price.

games
CoD4
CS:S
DOTA
HON
probably gonna download FEAR and left 4 dead

September cant come fast enough
smh.gif

Nice setup btw very solid

Edit: Copped if they fix some of the bugs people are experiencing

Back
Top Bottom