peeling potatoes how do u do it , with pics

rokhoward

Banned
whats the best technique how u cut that up , slice an dice ??

potatoexh8.jpg

for soup an for steak

I don't.

I usually clean them and go forth with my plan. All the nutrients are in the peel and I like the flavor and texture that it adds to just about everything. Ihaven't peeled a potatoes in at least a year. Fries, mashed, whatever... give me the skin, thank you.

^ For the most part, I agree.

But there a few exceptions.

Off the top of my head, the only one I can think of is potato salad; potato skins are nasty in potato salad.

But potato skins in mashed potatoes FTWIIIINNNN!!

^ He's trying to make fun of guys that cook, like that's a feminine thing, like cooking should be done by people who say things like 'Oh girl, holdon... are those shoes on sale?!'

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ He's trying to make fun of guys that cook, like that's a feminine thing, like cooking should be done by people who say things like 'Oh girl, hold on... are those shoes on sale?!'
eyes.gif
...right. Self Sufficiency "FTWIIIINNNN!!" aswell bro. But yeah, as far as taters go, skins > shirts.

Ska stay knowing what's up...
pimp.gif

Tom Jooks:
These topics are ridiculous.
Why's that?
People take the General Forum too literally. I don't really mind the topics, most of them are interesting but come on now. Peeling potatoes?

I'm not even going to lie, anything that includes talking about cooking, I'm for it.
laugh.gif

Especially on here, since this place is full of guys. I wish more guys knew how to get things done in the kitchen, instead of going from mommy's cooking tocollege to the wife's cooking, never learning anything past grilling.

Like Winter alluded to: self-sufficiency is an underrated value.

happy.gif

if you're trying to peel it with a knife, kinda go in a circular motion, going from tip to tip, if that makes any sense. Here's a quick guide I drew up

i3anx3.jpg

here's a funny pic I found while googling potatoes

Nice_potato.jpg

I'd just use a peeler, it's the easiest way for me. But I'm wih Ska and Winter. The peels are great!

I'm not even going to lie, anything that includes talking about cooking, I'm for it.
laugh.gif

Especially on here, since this place is full of guys. I wish more guys knew how to get things done in the kitchen, instead of going from mommy's cooking to college to the wife's cooking, never learning anything past grilling.

Like Winter alluded to: self-sufficiency is an underrated value.

happy.gif
hell yea. weekly steaks,pasta,burgers FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. the last time i let my cousin cook me steak i threw that thing in the garbage. never againunless its from a restaurant.

nowadays girls dont even know how to cook so i have to rely on myself.

ska do you know how to make beef stew? i keep looking online for recipes but i dont know what kind of beef i should be getting.

andycrazn:
ska do you know how to make beef stew? i keep looking online for recipes but i dont know what kind of beef i should be getting.
Chuck roast.
smokin.gif

Hit up foodnetwork.com for some recipes.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom