Pelle Pelle WAS da longest running last URBAN brand that still wield DOMINANCE.. RIP

Just by da tone of your response you not respecting

Da ability to outlast and thrive thru 3 decades strong.

Fashion changes so violently and pelle pelle has

Held their position firm. They've had ALOT of

competition over da years:

-Hudson leathers which always undercut pelles price
Wise.

-jeff Hamilton which uses to make da CLASSIC NBA
Sports leathers jackets

-AL Wissam leather which were DIRECT competitors

-Avirex leathers which were BITTER rivals

-sean john & rocawear both had leather jacket divisions that also tried to challenge.

In da fashion world, nothing is promised. If you dont

Continue to innovate you get get left, customers get

Fickle QUICK. Salute Pelle Pelle for always being on

On top of their game.
years back that Sean john script leather jacket was being rocked a lot.
dont forget da rocawear joint all da jay-z fans & stans copped,

xxl-december-1999.jpg

it was slick but i was savvy enough not to buy something that was too closely

affiliated to a rapper that was up there in price.

That's what i want to know i dont wanna pay more then 525 for a basic pelle that's even if i buy one

going up their for me is such a trip
that's the price range I get for **** with rhinestones in it. If they ask anymore I just leave. Only spot I kinda understand for chargin higher prices is genesis cuz of the rent they gotta pay being on Madison ave

Last edited:
No clue. Retail is technically 1000 on most of em yet stores charge around 5-600 for them.

My guess is not much cuz they still must be profitting off of their prices at 5-600

Then ppl would definitely be getting killed for their pelles smh

I still got my SeanJohn butter soft leather like this in black somewhere. Got it like 10 years back from that leather spot around 34th for 200. The African cat told me the wrong price and the manager chewed his *** out in spanish but still gave it to me for that price. I had the meanest smirk on my face when I paid for it. Locked eyes with the cashier and she was smirking too, we all know what just happened. This was like the middle of winter and the height of SeanJohn too.

View media item 657856View media item 657858

I knew I mentioned it before. Found this thread looking for it. That vanson/avirex/iceberg era was good times.

Last edited:
Didn't know dudes still rocked Pelle, I seen lil Durk wit one on in his video but before that havent seen one since 08. Al Wissam in their day were killing Pelle. I guess I need to see their new ****
I was just about to say I thought al wissam was a Detroit thing until I saw your sn

I just looked up the new Al Wissams, and they look hot but they're still stuck on that 2004 sizing.

I wanna order one but in like a size S.

The continued relevance of Pelle Pelle leathers is somewhat mystifying to me.

I do agree that Pelle jackets/coats have basically defied all of the other trends as far as "urban" fashion brands...

I certainly wouldn't say that Pelle Pelle is "wielding dominance" in 2013, though :lol:. Staying relevant, yes. Wielding dominance, no.

Last edited:
In Chicago area and a Pelle leather is a staple. You can spot them in any hood store around.

I will say this, only time I wanted one was in school because all the "popular kids" had them and I wanted to be down. Fam wouldn't dare spend that much on a leather jacket for me though.

These days, my style doesn't coincide with pelle pelle at all. For that price there are way better options for me.

Those are ugly. Only good one is that Banks one

How do you pronounce the brand anyways?

Pele like the soccer player?

Pe-lay

Pell
Or

Rhyming with Kelly?

Last edited:
Rhyming with Kelly when u say pelle pelle and Pell when u just say pelle.

this thread is stupid funny for a lot of reasons, especially that Jim Jones video.  145th & B'way has always been that kind of horse traders atmosphere, but even funnier is that kind of Intimidation Negotiation stuff definitely did go on Around that time.  I was in the store next door to the one in the video owned by the same guys back in 97 or 98 and the final sale price was agreed upon for some Iceberg sweaters with the customer flashing the butt of his gun to get everything at the 50% off price a few weeks before they started their seasonal iceberg/coogi sale, and I damn sure finished my selection as quickly as possible after him and argued that the other dude just got 50% off for the same amount of Iceberg clothes 

I would actually agree with Ninjahood on this... like of all the traditionally "urban-wear" brands Pelle Pelle Probably has lasted the longest in some "Urban-Acceptable" form or another.  I don't really wanna use a movie like "paid in full" as a Reference point to say it was there in the 80's or 70's being rocked heavy, but definitely since the Early 90's Urban Individual's from places such as "da hood" have worn, or aspired to wear, Pelle Pelle Jackets.  If you went out to the premier Hip-Hop Parties from the 90's to this Winter Right now in NYC you'll see numerous cats in their with Pelle Pelle Jackets on, and they would usually be the ones with alotta money that were being looked up too or hated on by others.  If you live in NYC right now and you go out to the clubs the rappers do events at, it is guaranteed you will see some dude haggling with the cashier for a cheaper admission, and then pull a giant knot of bills out his pocket and pay

The Brands gone through Many Different Styles of Jackets, a Bunch the vast majority of people would deem as gaudy, or too ugly to wear, but they have Endured in NYC and Northern NJ as I've seen, and Places in the midwest like Chicago from what I've Heard among the "Urban" Crowd.  I really can't think of any brand that has been Really POPULAR in the urban crowd for as long.  Plenty of brands still exist from that time period, but its not cool to wear Sean John, or Avirex, or Rocawear anymore... they still sell Karl Kani and Fubu in china and Japan, and though Marc Echo runs a Billion Dollar Company that distributes a handful of brands, you won't see anyone frontin in their ECKO Gear tryin to show out like cats do right now in their Pelle's in NYC and Chi.  Its not my particular taste anymore, and I'm sure its not most peoples, but across the board for strictly urban its still standing strong, and I'd challenge sme to give a reason why thats not true

I don't think they'll fall off soon, because I do think they will update their fits in the Near future just like they have with their styles over the years, but they'll wax and wane like they have for their 30 years, because they have developed a timeless brand name in the urban community.  Avirex had their time, NBA leather had their time, Al-Wissam etc etc but Pelle seems to keep coming back between it all every time.  As long as what they make can jackets that compliment the other clothing trends as they have since they 90's they can be viable becase they've built a name that means something to a core audience 

I dont see how stussy or nike or gucci can even come up in the conversation regarding urbanwear whether its niche or not... because bottomline pelle pelle has hit their target for 30 years now

Stussy's the originator of streetwear and has become legendary on that right, nike's business makes athletic gear for EVERY Sport while having a portion of their garments become hip-hop staples but that is farvfrom the core of their business, and gucci's high end, but Pelle Pelle has been all Urban for a GOOD Long Time, not trying to target anyone but, and thats okay and allowed their continued success in that market for a longer period than anyone with that goal.  I just don't see how trying to keep bringing up brands like that even has a place in the conversation because they are avoiding the prime statement of the post and those people should "weld" their words in other posts

I don't own a leather Pelle Pelle, just two denim jackets which are still fairly new. Cali just wasn't big on the brand period. Still have a Mecca pullover too.

Back
Top Bottom