Pelle Pelle WAS da longest running last URBAN brand that still wield DOMINANCE.. RIP

I was done with this thread when ****** was in here saying nobody rocks pelle in the chi **** is all over the west side and the south/east side isn't far behind

Champion is still going strong but it's nowhere near what it used to be.
pretty much, but the fact that it's still a sportwear company makes a competitor regardless of how big it is or not. I don't see how ninja was wrong in putting them up there, sure not the might of nike and adidas, but still a competitor.

As far as nike being urban fashio, c'mon b. Just because nike has a streetwear line doesn't mean it's an urban brand lel. and that **** is streetwear clothing anyways...

.urban fashion does not equal urban brand and company. Stop arguing.

Pelles have survived fashion trends and cycles in the past 20 years, what will make them die now? You say they will die when true religion jeans phase out, those jeans weren't popping 10-15 years ago.

A staple in your wardrobe refers to something that will always be there. A.k.a a leather jacket. Pelles have dominated that market regardless of its size and relevance to the other parts existing in fashion.

DISCLAIMER:THESE NEED NOT APPLY TO THOSE WHO CAN NOT COMPREHEND DIFFERENCE BETWEEN URBAN AND MAINSTREAM AND TRENDY. AND WHATEVER ELSE GENRES IN FASHION EXIST.

Last edited:
.urban fashion does not equal urban brand and company. Stop arguing.

Pelles have survived fashion trends and cycles in the past 20 years, what will make them die now?

Pelles have dominated that market regardless of its size and relevance to the other parts existing in fashion.

all of this.

i got source magazines that have Marc Buchanan ads from da early 90's...frankly its amazing to how a urban brand was able to survive da entire

80's, 90's, da entire 2000's, and looks now they're only gaining even more steam now in 2013 in beyond. pelle pelle is brand getting 800+ for their

jackets easy, and from da looks of it, unless some competition breeds and challenges them, they'll go unchecked for a long time....

Pelle's were/are never needed here in AZ, and they always flood the Burlington's. I had to hit up there website to see what they are putting out these days, and a lot of it looks like Ed Hardy collabo's with all thes studs and sparkles. The solid colors are NICE though so I hope it's mostly those that are keeping the brand alive.

PS are Avirex's still relevant? I had one of those back in college (early 2000's) but donated it to Goodwill after that fashion phase of my life passed.

Last edited:
How you claim you in NYC and don't see pelle's ? It's only 3 jackets really moving on the urban market Pelle,Mocler, and Marmots. As far as the Tri-State goes you have out of town ppl still coming to NYC faithfully every winter to cop Pelle's

Yea jones strong armed those jackets

But they will haggle with you

Don't go in there look'n wide eye'd tho or they'll try nd get u

was there any pelle pelle jackets in paid in full? :nerd:

Yeah there was, da opening montage scene in da

80's in front of da chicken spot where all da drug

Dealers were mackin wit da neighborhood groupies

And stuntin in custom saabs & bimmers in harlem.

Last edited:
Idk what this dude is asking when your competition is trash brands like Akoo you pretty much don't have competition your niche

Idk what this dude is asking when your competition is trash brands like Akoo you pretty much don't have competition your niche

Just by da tone of your response you not respecting

Da ability to outlast and thrive thru 3 decades strong.

Fashion changes so violently and pelle pelle has

Held their position firm. They've had ALOT of

competition over da years:

-Hudson leathers which always undercut pelles price
Wise.

-jeff Hamilton which uses to make da CLASSIC NBA
Sports leathers jackets

-AL Wissam leather which were DIRECT competitors

-Avirex leathers which were BITTER rivals

-sean john & rocawear both had leather jacket divisions that also tried to challenge.

In da fashion world, nothing is promised. If you dont

Continue to innovate you get get left, customers get

Fickle QUICK. Salute Pelle Pelle for always being on

On top of their game.

LOL @ Nike being a urban clothing line
I bet it's dudes not from urban environments saying it
laugh.gif

Wise.

Sports leathers jackets

-sean john & rocawear both had leather jacket divisions that also tried to challenge.

On top of their game.
years back that Sean john script leather jacket was being rocked a lot.

Also u said u haggle with the stores for prices on pelles. What's the price range they give u, I always get 5-600 off the bat(except at genesis, but theyre on Madison ave., can't really blame em :lol: )

Last edited:

Wise.

Sports leathers jackets

On top of their game.
years back that Sean john script leather jacket was being rocked a lot.

a single jacket from SJ being popular def makes your point...

thread/

Back
Top Bottom