Pelle Pelle WAS da longest running last URBAN brand that still wield DOMINANCE.. RIP

this thread is stupid funny for a lot of reasons, especially that Jim Jones video.  145th & B'way has always been that kind of horse traders atmosphere, but even funnier is that kind of Intimidation Negotiation stuff definitely did go on Around that time.  I was in the store next door to the one in the video owned by the same guys back in 97 or 98 and the final sale price was agreed upon for some Iceberg sweaters with the customer flashing the butt of his gun to get everything at the 50% off price a few weeks before they started their seasonal iceberg/coogi sale, and I damn sure finished my selection as quickly as possible after him and argued that the other dude just got 50% off for the same amount of Iceberg clothes 

I would actually agree with Ninjahood on this... like of all the traditionally "urban-wear" brands Pelle Pelle Probably has lasted the longest in some "Urban-Acceptable" form or another.  I don't really wanna use a movie like "paid in full" as a Reference point to say it was there in the 80's or 70's being rocked heavy, but definitely since the Early 90's Urban Individual's from places such as "da hood" have worn, or aspired to wear, Pelle Pelle Jackets.  If you went out to the premier Hip-Hop Parties from the 90's to this Winter Right now in NYC you'll see numerous cats in their with Pelle Pelle Jackets on, and they would usually be the ones with alotta money that were being looked up too or hated on by others.  If you live in NYC right now and you go out to the clubs the rappers do events at, it is guaranteed you will see some dude haggling with the cashier for a cheaper admission, and then pull a giant knot of bills out his pocket and pay

The Brands gone through Many Different Styles of Jackets, a Bunch the vast majority of people would deem as gaudy, or too ugly to wear, but they have Endured in NYC and Northern NJ as I've seen, and Places in the midwest like Chicago from what I've Heard among the "Urban" Crowd.  I really can't think of any brand that has been Really POPULAR in the urban crowd for as long.  Plenty of brands still exist from that time period, but its not cool to wear Sean John, or Avirex, or Rocawear anymore... they still sell Karl Kani and Fubu in china and Japan, and though Marc Echo runs a Billion Dollar Company that distributes a handful of brands, you won't see anyone frontin in their ECKO Gear tryin to show out like cats do right now in their Pelle's in NYC and Chi.  Its not my particular taste anymore, and I'm sure its not most peoples, but across the board for strictly urban its still standing strong, and I'd challenge sme to give a reason why thats not true

I don't think they'll fall off soon, because I do think they will update their fits in the Near future just like they have with their styles over the years, but they'll wax and wane like they have for their 30 years, because they have developed a timeless brand name in the urban community.  Avirex had their time, NBA leather had their time, Al-Wissam etc etc but Pelle seems to keep coming back between it all every time.  As long as what they make can jackets that compliment the other clothing trends as they have since they 90's they can be viable becase they've built a name that means something to a core audience 

I dont see how stussy or nike or gucci can even come up in the conversation regarding urbanwear whether its niche or not... because bottomline pelle pelle has hit their target for 30 years now
Stussy's the originator of streetwear and has become legendary on that right, nike's business makes athletic gear for EVERY Sport while having a portion of their garments become hip-hop staples but that is farvfrom the core of their business, and gucci's high end, but Pelle Pelle has been all Urban for a GOOD Long Time, not trying to target anyone but, and thats okay and allowed their continued success in that market for a longer period than anyone with that goal.  I just don't see how trying to keep bringing up brands like that even has a place in the conversation because they are avoiding the prime statement of the post and those people should "weld" their words in other posts
good post, and pelle did update their fits, Ninja and I brought it up a few pages back, him with pics. I tried one on yesterday and boy are they comfy. That supple leather :smokin

Is it bad that I barely know what this is?

I've only ever heard it when I used to jam 50 heavy. He was always talking about the pelle pelle :lol:

I've only ever heard it when I used to jam 50 heavy. He was always talking about the pelle pelle :lol:
if ur not in new York city or any other big city in the east coast not really

Check the shops that sell pelles. They might have a few avirex left over, possibly the one ur looking for.

I've only ever heard it when I used to jam 50 heavy. He was always talking about the pelle pelle
laugh.gif
da whole g-unit pelle certified

50centPH008.jpg

gunit_crouch.jpg

G-Unit.jpg

1371854745_36fd02a6a1ad11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpeg

chief keef

vibe-may-09-cam.png

killa cam

even santa clause know what time is it..

Last edited:
that one on 50 must be relatively recent. The rest are all from a while back, especially the santa claus :lol:

that one on 50 must be relatively recent. The rest are all from a while back, especially the santa claus
laugh.gif
da 50 & chief keef are brand new (chief is a new artist) and 50 got that SK chain on, da cam is recent, but a couple of years back during da

boss and all bosses era.

628x471.jpg

still my favorite one though.

Last edited:
that one on 50 must be relatively recent. The rest are all from a while back, especially the santa claus :lol:

ur tripping dude

that one cam got is fire i just dont like the colors on it & the one chief goofy has on is decent

the one 50 is wearing is loud & i dont like that rhinestone ish but its nice

Last edited:
ur tripping dude

that one cam got is fire i just dont like the colors on it & the one chief goofy has on is decent

the one 50 is wearing is loud & i dont like that rhinestone ish but its nice
how am I tripping? I was just commenting based on which pics are old and new. I must have skimmed through the keef one and the rest are all older pics.

If the fit was better I'd be interested in them but they look tooo baggy for no reason
just buy your size, or buy it slimmer, pelle pelle's were already redesigned to fit slimmer a season or 2 back.

BTW..

NT thick approved

PellePelle.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i can't have a jacket i can't fit a hoodie under, so those SKIN tight jackets i see sometimes in da jacket threads is no good.

gunit_yayo.jpg

this pelle yayo got was one of da first designs after da whole quilted leather era and you can tell by da shoulder cut da

it was a good fit.

Last edited:
Lloyd-Banks.jpg

banks with another fire joint, this is fairly recent.

bankoboevru-lloyd-banks-229318032.jpg

rookie banks

and this is da money making manhatan pelle from da quilted design era.....that leather is softed as a baby's ***..all lambskin.

Last edited:
you know i kinda got impeccable timing...you guys know its actually pelle pelle's 35 year anniversary this year?

21341-1488-red%20sienna-3.jpg

peep da details

21341-1488-red%20sienna-1.jpg

21341-1488-red%20sienna-4.jpg

21341-1488-red%20sienna-5.jpg

21341-1488-red%20sienna-6.jpg

say what ya want about it being "gaudy" but this right here is quality craftsmanship...not bad for a 35 year urban brand 
smokin.gif

oh and BTW, its basically almost sold out at a

[h1]35TH ANNIVERSARY-RED SIENNA[/h1]

21341-1488

$1250.00

Last edited:
joint is def gaudy but the quality & the attention to details is what got PP/MB to 35 years slinging leathers for $800+

:pimp:

In Detroit the Al Wu's was hot for a good minute I had the Muhammad Ali joint and had the Detroit themed one with the hood. A pelle still looks fly just head into Donna Sacs and you can usually get a good price for it. Folks in Detroit still rock these faithfully and cats still get robbed for these joints. That Avirex Method Man had in Belly was cold as well.

Last edited:
In Detroit the Al Wu's was hot for a good minute I had the Muhammad Ali joint and had the Detroit themed one with the hood. A pelle still looks fly just head into Donna Sacs and you can usually get a good price for it. Folks in Detroit still rock these faithfully and cats still get robbed for these joints. That Avirex Method Man had in Belly was cold as well.

bright yellow joint?

View media item 659232
meth_in_belly.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom