Peloton Bike

Newer ones soon to be announced.

I’ll keep my order for now to see what Peloton does with orders to be delivered (upgraded or refunded).

New Higher End Bike

Apparently they’re releasing a budget bike and a higher end bike with a more adjustable screen to accommodate workouts off of the bike.

I’m still waiting in my bike to arrive and I’ll probably end up keeping it but the timing of them releasing new bikes weeks after I placed my order is hilarious.

I bought an Echelon bike in January and it’s been pretty good but the classes aren’t great, outside of 2-3 instructors. I used the Peloton app for about a month but it wasn’t the same without the live leader board numbers/metrics, so I’m likely getting a budget Peloton once it drops.

Side note, I bought some Peloton shares back in March and they’ve been performing well haha. Really believe in longevity of Peloton because mainstream fitness is changing and with gyms closing left and right, digital training is likely here to stay and grow.

Bike+ announced

worth the ~$600.00 difference? Have not got my bike in yet
Really just depends on whether you are going to do a lot of the off-bike classes and want to do them right next to your bike. I personally do not.

Peloton app is on Roku now too, so you could just do those classes in front of a tv elsewhere in your house.

Still waiting on my bike but Peloton sent this email yesterday regarding Bike+ :

1AC07190-3789-4B39-A317-7D0A3B916782.jpeg

There aren’t enough premium changes with Bike+ that would warrant upgrading so I’m just gonna keep my order as is.

I wondered if a thread like this existed. Spent six days at a resort and they had Peleton's in the gym. Did five days in a row and was hooked. Will be adding the 'budget' model to the home gym soon. Contemplated the Bike+ but not enough features to justify the price.

My wife ordered one a while back.... weird thing was it was scheduled to be delivered on a day a couple weeks ago and they never showed. Turns out they had the address wrong and never contacted her. Messed up part was they said they cannot deliver again until like 3-4 weeks which I think will be next week.
I was at a hotel last week that had a peloton, I got my first workout on it. I thought it was pretty dope. I told my girl I didn’t think I’d use it but I guess I could see myself doing it occasionally. I typically play b-ball and lift weights for my workouts.

Went ahead and went with the Bike+

A bit more but the previous model has been out for a while. Just future tech proofing things.

Not only that but if you should need to resale in the near future your Bike+ will be worth more in comparison to the older version.

Itching to try the new model. Like some of the upgrades in the most recent update. Look up the #niketalk hash if y’all haven’t already . @killmonger

Peloton owners seem to hate the Apple fitness+ announcement.

either way Peloton app is more geared towards the bike and metrics attached. Not the overall fitness app which you can buy separately.

but different ballgame if apple does decide on getting into the market with a bike of their own (which is rumored).

I know he’s talking about SoulCycle and not Peloton but I definitely felt this when I first started Peloton’ing in comparison to my girlfriend who had been spinning for awhile :lol:

I’m jelly of you Peloton bros.

Using this day in and day out is taxing. At $175 off craigslist though it was a lot cheaper.

D1605FA8-7DBF-47E9-B1D7-AAA5AA64ED51.jpeg

Peloton recalls pedals on 27,000 exercise bikes after reported injuries

New York (CNN)Peloton has issued a voluntary recall on pedals used on about 27,000 of its exercise bikes because of a reported "laceration hazard."

The in-home fitness company announced the recall on its PR70P clip-in bike pedals on Thursday in cooperation with the US Consumer Products Safety Commission. The federal agency says Peloton (PMCCF) has received at least 120 consumer reports of PR70P pedal breakages, 16 of which involved leg injuries.
Five of those injuries "required medical care, such as stitches to the lower leg," the commission wrote in a Thursday announcement on its website.

Back
Top Bottom