Peloton Bike

:smh: :smh:
Question for those of you who do the class rides, what's the percentage of time that you spend in the saddle vs out?

I'm still working on adjusting I try when I can to keep up with what they are doing and/or stay in saddle and try to increase cadence. Idk my knees start screaming every time i'm out the saddle.

I'm still working on adjusting I try when I can to keep up with what they are doing and/or stay in saddle and try to increase cadence. Idk my knees start screaming every time i'm out the saddle.

if you want to use more muscle groups and burst through KJs ride off the saddle at a HIGH resistance, usually when I’m out the saddle im at 75 and a cadence of about 50-60, if you want to focus on your legs only stay on the saddle, high resistance will burn like a MFker QUICK, low resistance, HIGH cadence will do the cardio load....i try to follow the instructors prompts tho....specially the tabatta rides.

busted a PR today :smile:
70D77F96-861F-4155-A435-435713943EB7.jpeg

I understand why for her use case but the appeal of a real bike is you're not stationary and you get to experience changing scenery and be outdoors

People who buy these stationary bikes and stop using them after awhile is because of that reason. It becomes another mundane task/chore

Me riding my bike today and tomorrow will have two different experiences. Riding a peloton today and tomorrow will have a predetermined experience and that is a turn off

It may be a turn off for you, but you can't assume that is the case with others. My wife already crossed 2000 miles for the bike in the start of the 11th month. It's a piece of equipment she won't ever not use. She loves it. She found something athletic she likes and is REALLY darn good at it! I like both, riding outside and also using the Peloton when it's raining during nice temperatures and too cold out to ride (I won't ride when it's like 30° out). Just because you like riding outside doesn't mean everyone does. That's why there is so many flavors of ice cream! Something for everyone. Same with the bike. Something for everyone who uses it.

Fellas, let’s schedule a 30 minute ride together one of these days...glad we got a little pack going

51349B2B-57B1-4539-B9D8-F2527E2A73FE.png
I'm officially part of the #niketalk group (my name is 06VistaBlueGT). Thought I hit "added" before but I guess I didn't. But I'm locked in now. Gotta get feeling good enough to use the bike (Crohn's takes A LOT out of you)!!!

The argument of “just get a real bike and ride outdoors, nobody needs this” seriously doesn’t make sense, i feel is comparing apples to oranges, they are both a cycling experience but far from equal, yes riding outdoors is cool, but is a much different workout than a Pelly, i would never get this type of burn from jumping on a bike and going for a scenic ride....because that’s all it is, leisure riding first THEN workout, the peloton is the opposite, it’s a WORKOUT....it’s a program, with a coach, that’s what you pay for and the social experience you’d get from a spin class within your home....it’s far more convenient than a scenic ride outdoors too...but to each it’s own and whichever you chose you can’t go wrong.

I've road biked and done spin on and off for years. It is totally apples to oranges and not the same experience and sans pushing on the pedals, it really shouldn't be. I road bike for leisure but I spin to work my a** out HARD in a short amount of time. I bought a Pelly almost 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Best investment in exercise equipment you could make IMO.
The argument of “just get a real bike and ride outdoors, nobody needs this” seriously doesn’t make sense, i feel is comparing apples to oranges, they are both a cycling experience but far from equal, yes riding outdoors is cool, but is a much different workout than a Pelly, i would never get this type of burn from jumping on a bike and going for a scenic ride....because that’s all it is, leisure riding first THEN workout, the peloton is the opposite, it’s a WORKOUT....it’s a program, with a coach, that’s what you pay for and the social experience you’d get from a spin class within your home....it’s far more convenient than a scenic ride outdoors too...but to each it’s own and whichever you chose you can’t go wrong.

if you want to use more muscle groups and burst through KJs ride off the saddle at a HIGH resistance, usually when I’m out the saddle im at 75 and a cadence of about 50-60, if you want to focus on your legs only stay on the saddle, high resistance will burn like a MFker QUICK, low resistance, HIGH cadence will do the cardio load....i try to follow the instructors prompts tho....specially the tabatta rides.

busted a PR today :smile:

Thanks for the info and adding the extra resistance will prob help. I'm 250+ so yea I prob should increase to adjust to my weight on the bike. Look foward to a #NT ride for sure. Keep it up bros.

Normally try to stay on track with the instructor's ranges. Definitely always at the top of the range. Depending on what is being done, sometimes a few resistance points higher. For sure crank that resistance at the end of rides if I'm out of the saddle though.

Glad I saw this thread. Just joined the group. My name is silversurfer91.

I’ve had the Peloton for a week now after a long 6 week wait. My wife and I have been thinking about getting one for a minute, but the pandemic pushed us to finally make the purchase with all of the gym closures. I’m super trash, but enjoying it so far :pimp:

Your *** is gonna hurt for a while. :lol:

Don’t sleep on the other stuff too like the stretches and abs. I need to do more of those.

Never did one of this chick’s classes before. She’s a little much for me. Not bad to look at though :lol:

Also didn’t realize there was gonna be a 4 min arm section in the middle of this. Probably would’ve got a PR if not for that.

4FFF7BBA-715D-4CFA-A2F9-CF01C5A6084D.jpeg

Yeah, luckily I only did a warm up with her.
I could NEVER make it through a full ride.

I like Kendall Toole for the most part.
Leanne Hainsby is good for low impact or cool downs. Super chill vibe but heavy accent. She’s Peloton UK.

Back
Top Bottom