Peyton Manning released by Colts. He signed with the Broncos, really? Is Tebowmania dead?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

He is NOT going to just be plugged into another offense and be the Peyton Manning we all know again.

Not happening.

So? Don't you think the Dolphins are tired of this?

QBs since Dan Marino retired:
Matt Moore
Chad Henne
Tyler Thigpen
Chad Pennington
Cleo Lemon
John Beck
Trent Green
Joey Harrington
Daunte Culpepper
Gus Frerotte
Sage Rosenfels
AJ Feeley
Jay Fiedler
Brian Griese
Ray Lucas
Damon Huard

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Let's be serious. This will be the last contract he ever signs and he knows it. He's not going to play for just any team based off of weather conditions and other miscellaneous factors. These last few years will be all about which team provides the best opportunity for him to win more rings and bow out as the undisputed best QB ever. I think it'll come down to the team with the best defense, the best offensive line and the best offensive weaponry outside of a Reggie Wayne who I think could be coming along with #18. I thought the Jets were a lock but you can make an argument for almost a dozen teams at this point.
30t6p3b.gif
We think we know what type of player he is. We assume this situation will light a fire under him. He's got the opportunity of a lifetime, now let's just wait and see what team he choses

Btw, Peyton's dad Archie Manning started 11 years for the Saints until they traded him to the Oilers where his backup QB was who? Oliver Luck, young Andy's pops. 
laugh.gif

Yea I heard that on Mike & Mike this am
laugh.gif

If I'm Houston/9ers I'm on the phone with Peyton and if he's down for the get down I immediately get on the phone with DC & Bye Bye Matt Shaub/Alex Smith, Its Been Real.

As a matter of fact if I'm Peyton I'd make that call to them.  I'm going to get me a defense... BET THAT!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

He is NOT going to just be plugged into another offense and be the Peyton Manning we all know again.

Not happening.

that is ur opinion ... i would love to see him rely on the run more ... 

i would also like to see him BE COACHED ... have the ability to audible but have a strong coaching personality that he has to listen to ...

it's just too early to tell what he will and won't be ...

if it's peyton to fitz ...
sick.gif
 it really depends ... on his targets and his ground game

I think the best teams overall with the best fit for Peyton are San Fan, Arizona, and Houston. 

If I'm Houston/9ers I'm on the phone with Peyton and if he's down for the get down I immediately get on the phone with DC & Bye Bye Matt Shaub/Alex Smith, Its Been Real. 

I agree.  Hopefully we make that call.

Originally Posted by cartune

Wherever he goes I go
frown.gif

My favorite QB, This is sad.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

Hope he doesn't end up with a bum $%@ team like the Dolphins or ********.
30t6p3b.gif

I really don't see Arizona, there's better teams that will make offers. Plus he's getting old so you know he wants to play in a warm area. AZ has a weak coaching staff, some talent but they're not advanced enough for Peyton.

Miami (good young defense, decent O line, good receivers, Reggie isn't a regular RB, warm and young area).
SF (one of the best teams in the league, great O line, run game and defense. Just don't know if him and Harbaugh will work plus they're hung up on Alex Smith hahaha).
NYJ (this team makes a lot of sense, Rex would probably just let Peyton run the whole offense while he takes care of defense. Overall they have a solid team BUT don't think Peyton would want to be in the NY media and spotlight. He might like or dislike playing in the same state as his brother.)
Houston (this is my favorite pick, top ranked defense. One of the best WRs and RBs. The things he could do in Houston, plus it's in the same division)

Seattle and ******** make no sense. Seattle is up and coming but it's cold, don't see that. ******** have no team, why would he go there and they're saying he won't work out with Mike Shanahan (spelling?)

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I think the best teams overall with the best fit for Peyton are San Fan, Arizona, and Houston. 

agreed
do you think there would be an issue with your coach and payton? power struggle?

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Let's be serious. This will be the last contract he ever signs and he knows it. He's not going to play for just any team based off of weather conditions and other miscellaneous factors. These last few years will be all about which team provides the best opportunity for him to win more rings and bow out as the undisputed best QB ever. I think it'll come down to the team with the best defense, the best offensive line and the best offensive weaponry outside of a Reggie Wayne who I think could be coming along with #18. I thought the Jets were a lock but you can make an argument for almost a dozen teams at this point.
30t6p3b.gif
We think we know what type of player he is. We assume this situation will light a fire under him. He's got the opportunity of a lifetime, now let's just wait and see what team he choses

Btw, Peyton's dad Archie Manning started 11 years for the Saints until they traded him to the Oilers where his backup QB was who? Oliver Luck, young Andy's pops. 
laugh.gif

funny how things become full circle

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by TheGift23

We DON"T want you in Washington DC.

Signed,
Sane ******* fans

You`re QB last year was Rex Grossman.......which replaced Donovan Mcnabb........and YOU dont want PEYTON?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Deuce King

agreed
do you think there would be an issue with your coach and payton? power struggle?

Honestly, I don't think so.  I know Harbaugh is a young and upcoming NFL coach and alot of the success we had last year was given to him and rightfully so but from what I have seen with Harbaugh he doesn't APPEAR to have a big ego.  Every coach or player even has an ego to a certain level, some are better at controlling there's than others but Harbaugh is not new to coaching and has been around great football players and talent before.  The addition of Peyton would be nothing new for him IMO.  I would love to see their offensive minds mess together to form something great.

All I wanted to hear from Peyton was "I don't want to retire" and "No, I don't think I have anything to prove"

Peyton comes off as a great and humble person. This isn't fake or a show.

Well done, and I certainly think he will be gunning for the entire NFL next year with whatever team he plays for.

That's how you handle a departure press conference:

Different situation but had Lebron/Gilbert handled his departure from Cle this way, would of gone much better for both parties

Unfortunate circumstance, neither are to blame, Colts have no choice.

I don't see him going to the Jets, either a warm climate or dome team.

Miami is a popular choice, but I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Arizona or Seahawks express serious interest. Both have very very good defenses, Arizona has a good special teams and Fitz....Seahawks with M. Lynch
pimp.gif

every1 keeps saying 9ers and denver, i cant see denver cause backash of tebow, but ....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
... my dude as of 4 pm is FREE

he's heartbroken but it will be great for him once he's signed ... his arm strength will continue to get better ... for now i'm sure he's releasing balls earlier than he wants ... in due time all will be well ...

LET'S GET IT

Why would he want to come here? $...DUH. Also all his buddies can come here too...47 mil under the cap.

But again, NO THANKS. NT is the same forum who ASSURED me McNugget would work out here, so I could give a CRAP if you laugh at me for not wanting damaged goods anymore. RG3 or Bust...the end. God Bless whoever signs Peyton.

Back
Top Bottom