Peyton Manning released by Colts. He signed with the Broncos, really? Is Tebowmania dead?

I'd be lying to myself by saying I didn't get emotional during the Manning/Irsay press conference.

A lot of great memories alongside family and friends while watching #18 do work. He made countless Sundays and Mondays more enjoyable and I will truly support him wherever he goes...but I will always be a Colts fan.

Originally Posted by LDJ

every1 keeps saying 9ers and denver, i cant see denver cause backash of tebow, but ....

This makes perfect sense for us in Denver! Denver's line is pretty good(Clady is a star at tackle). Running game is solid. Our defense is super solid we have one of the best young players in the game in Von Miller. You bring in a star like Manning and we wont rememeber Tebow. Fan's in Denver know tebow isnt the long term answer until he learns how to throw the ball better, who else better to learn from then one of the best quarterbacks in history. Not only would Tebow recieve it well, the whole city would. You could get Tebowmania going with a few packages for him, but Manning to Denver would be great. And trust me knowning Elway, he already has already texted Manning.

He's going to the Arizona Cardinals
-Cardinals can cut Kolb by the 17th and will have only payed him 13 mill of his 60 mill contract

-Weak division (9ers are good, not great)

-Fitz (possible Wayne, mayyyyybe Mike Wallace?) and Beanie

-Playing in a retractable roof/dome

-Solid Defense

-Whisenhunt is a players coach, he will have mostly free reigns on the O (he's a better offensive mind than half the O-Coordinators in the league IMO)

-Offensive Line is shaky but remains #1 priority

-If Kurt Warner can do it, Peyton can do it

I sincerely hope it's not AZ.

It's inconceivable why he wouldn't go to a super bowl team.

biased, but niners is a dream for him. Best coach, best defense, we'll pick up a better WR, and we have a top 5 RB.

AZ can't match up with that. all they got is Fitz

It's only a matter of time for the 49ers fan base of NT to surpass the Cowboys as the most hated.

Well done, and I certainly think he will be gunning for the entire NFL next year with whatever team he plays for.

I certainly hope so.

And it feels like most in here are BLAMING the Colts organization for moving forward without Peyton. I don't understand that.
This team is in full rebuild mode, and Peyton MAY have 3 years left at 36 years old. Meanwhile, you have the number one pick
with the greatest QB prospect (let the analysts tell it) the NFL has seen in a decade. How do you NOT let Mr. Manning go with
his hefty contract to rebuild your team starting with Andrew Luck. I wish Peyton the best, but the Colts have to do what's best
for the Colts. It is a business right?

Colts fans who are whining about Manning leaving are stupid.  Guarrentee when he goes out first week and throws for 3 TD's all will be forgotten...Then he'll follow up the next week with 3 INT and the world will be falling and everyone will be talking about how the Colts made a mistake.  That's how this %*** always goes.

send him down here to revive the Dolphins franchise

Heat & Dolphins on top with the Marlins new arena the city would be
pimp.gif

At this point in his career, with the sustained injuries and surgeries; you can't expect the Peyton Manning we all knew him as.

He's getting older, the surgeries make him more fragile to injuries and he's going to a whole new team-system.

You can expect a lot, but not what we all seen him as in Indy.

With that being said; I hope he goes to either Miami or Washington (to give my Browns a better chance at snagging RGIII
pimp.gif
)

Does anybody think he should take the season off to fully recover . I dont think he is ready . But then that might lead to retirement

Alright, I've got to study some more but I'll take five minutes to chime in on possible destinations people are talking about.
1. The Dolphins - On paper, it seems like a great idea. They have Jake Long to protect Manning's blind side as well as a plethora of offensive weapons that would be at Manning's disposal. Weapons such as Brandon Marshall, Reggie Bush, and Devone Bess that Manning would definitely target effectively. However, the Dolphins would be a BAD move for Manning. They were amongst the NFLs worst in pass protection giving up 52 sacks to opposing defenders last season. If they can't protect Manning then well, ya'll know the rest. 

2. The Cardinals - Another bad fit. Like the Dolphins the Cards are amongst the NFL's worst teams in pass protection. Sure they have Larry Fitz, Todd Heap and Ryan Williams but they also have an absolutely horrible, garbage O-line that free agency and the draft cannot fix in one off-season. Just not realistic. They gave up 54 sacks last season, absolutely wretched O-line play. I live in AZ so I get to watch firsthand, week in and week out just how HORRIBLE this O-line is. IMO the NFL's worst O-line, period (even worse than Chicago's or Minnesota's).

3. The Seahawks - People have been saying that the Hawks are Manning's best fit. I don't see it. They're amongst the NFL's worst in pass protection (48 sacks) and the weather over there is terrible. I don't see Manning after playing in a dome all his career wanting to play in the Pacific northwest so he can be sacked time and again in rainy muddy conditions by guys like Aldon Smith or Calais Campbell  or even Chris Long. They have some nice offensive weapons but ultimately it just isn't a good fit for Manning at the moment. Just bad timing for the Seahawks. 

Anyways I gotta get back to studying, long-story short. Jets, bad idea as well. ******** (both have horrendous O-line play, even the Jets have terrible pass protection in-spite of having guys like Mangold and Ferguson), ditto. All these options just suck except for the.....

Texans. Great O-line, they can save 7 million by cutting Matt Schaub. Have a great defense, great offense and just about great everything. 

Point blank, I believe the Texans will cut Matt Schaub, take a gamble on Manning and he will retire a Texan. 

Originally Posted by turbomugenhatch

Does anybody think he should take the season off to fully recover . I dont think he is ready . But then that might lead to retirement

It's now or never for him man, he's turning 37 this month. You cannot sit for that long at that age and expect to simply waltz back into the NFL. His arm would be the equivalent of a noodle soaked in boiling hot water. In other words it would be a non-existant dissolved pile of mush. 

SneakerHeathen wrote:
Alright, I've got to study some more but I'll take five minutes to chime in on possible destinations people are talking about.
1. The Dolphins - On paper, it seems like a great idea. They have Jake Long to protect Manning's blind side as well as a plethora of offensive weapons that would be at Manning's disposal. Weapons such as Brandon Marshall, Reggie Bush, and Devone Bess that Manning would definitely target effectively. However, the Dolphins would be a BAD move for Manning. They were amongst the NFLs worst in pass protection giving up 52 sacks to opposing defenders last season. If they can't protect Manning then well, ya'll know the rest. 

2. The Cardinals - Another bad fit. Like the Dolphins the Cards are amongst the NFL's worst teams in pass protection. Sure they have Larry Fitz, Todd Heap and Ryan Williams but they also have an absolutely horrible, garbage O-line that free agency and the draft cannot fix in one off-season. Just not realistic. They gave up 54 sacks last season, absolutely wretched O-line play. I live in AZ so I get to watch firsthand, week in and week out just how HORRIBLE this O-line is. IMO the NFL's worst O-line, period (even worse than Chicago's or Minnesota's).

3. The Seahawks - People have been saying that the Hawks are Manning's best fit. I don't see it. They're amongst the NFL's worst in pass protection (48 sacks) and the weather over there is terrible. I don't see Manning after playing in a dome all his career wanting to play in the Pacific northwest so he can be sacked time and again in rainy muddy conditions by guys like Aldon Smith or Calais Campbell  or even Chris Long. They have some nice offensive weapons but ultimately it just isn't a good fit for Manning at the moment. Just bad timing for the Seahawks. 

Anyways I gotta get back to studying, long-story short. Jets, bad idea as well. ******** (both have horrendous O-line play, even the Jets have terrible pass protection in-spite of having guys like Mangold and Ferguson), ditto. All these options just suck except for the.....

Texans. Great O-line, they can save 7 million by cutting Matt Schaub. Have a great defense, great offense and just about great everything. 

Point blank, I believe the Texans will cut Matt Schaub, take a gamble on Manning and he will retire a Texan. 

I think the Texans are the smart choice for Peyton and offer the best scenario.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by turbomugenhatch

It's now or never for him man, he's turning 37 this month.
he's turning 36 this month

do a pro's/cons for the 49ers like you did the other teams

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Clayton just said the Houston situation is out of the question they're committed to Shaub, they're a year away from redoing his contract.

I don't understand how any team not named N.E, N.O, & GB is not willing to go after him. I just don't get it.
30t6p3b.gif

He's 36 years old and not guaranteed to return to the Peyton that we're used to seeing.

Originally Posted by glasses

do a pro's/cons for the 49ers like you did the other teams

I got'cha

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

49ers make offer to Smith, not interested in Manning
March 7, 2012, 8:55 am

The 49ers have an "offer on the table" to scheduled free agent Alex Smith and the club is not interested in signing veteran quarterback Peyton Manning, a well-placed source told CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday.

Coach Jim Harbaugh has said repeatedly that Smith "is our guy" with the 49ers. And the 49ers are actively attempting to lock up Smith to a multi-year contract, according to the source. Agent Tom Condon represents Smith and Manning.

Manning, whom the Indianapolis Colts released on Wednesday, is free to negotiate with every NFL team. Miami, Washington, Seattle and the New York Jets are among the teams that have reported interest in signing Manning, an 11-time Pro Bowl player.

With Smith starting every game last season, the 49ers finished with a 13-3 record in the regular season and advanced to the NFC championship game. Smith had the best season of his career, completing 61.3 percent of his passes for 3,144 yards with 17 touchdowns and five interceptions. His passer rating was 90.7. Smith turns 28 in May.

Manning, who turns 36 in this month, did not play in 2011 after undergoing spinal fusion surgery in September.

http://www.csnbayarea.com...nterested?blockID=665002
pimp.gif

whatever you do peyton.. please don't go to the texans! although, i think that's a great fit for him.. warm weather, familiar with all the teams in the division, same travels, great team, etc.

i need my titans to do some work in the AFC this year.. so go else where
laugh.gif

i heard the press conference on the radio today.. sounded like peyton was about to start crying.
edit:

what kind of money do you think is going to be thrown at him?

^ that was $%##$++ stupid on SF's part
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Clayton just said the Houston situation is out of the question they're committed to Shaub, they're a year away from redoing his contract.

I don't understand how any team not named N.E, N.O, & GB is not willing to go after him. I just don't get it.
30t6p3b.gif

He's 36 years old and not guaranteed to return to the Peyton that we're used to seeing.

With the rules that are in play to protect QB's and offenses these days he can play another 5yrs if healthy... and by all accounts doctors and people who know the game including his old OC have both stated that he looks like the Peyton Manning that they've seen and watched throw the ball.  Point is... If he's an option... YOU HAVE TO ATLEAST EXPLORE IT!

Back
Top Bottom