Peyton Manning released by Colts. He signed with the Broncos, really? Is Tebowmania dead?

SF probably has the best QB to coach relationship in the league...why would they mess that up?

Alex Smith is fine for SF. They need to work on their special teams if anything.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

SF probably has the best QB to coach relationship in the league...why would they mess that up?

Alex Smith is fine for SF. They need to work on their special teams if anything.

Oh Word?!?!? He's Fine Huh?

That 3rd down conversion in the NFC Championship says otherwise bro

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Why do people think Houston will cut Schaub for Manning? Is Schuab still hurt??
As a Texans fan I wouldn't mind having Peyton but are there any reports on his health. Are we to believe he's fully healthy? Schuab will be back and ready to go by May.

I just don't think the Texans will cut Matt Schuab, it's not how they do things. Also, Peyton would have to take a massive pay cut to play here. Peyton wants to get paid, the Texans don't have enough cap room  as someone elluded to earlier. They're still trying to sign two of their offensive lineman and they have to let Mario Williams go to even do that.

i dont think he goes to the ********....i think having eli in the same division is going to kill that idea....

It absolutely astonishes me that people in here, who claim to know football, think Alex is a better choice for the 49ers. Alex freakin Smith.

Seriously. Say this out loud to yourself right now: Peyton Manning or Alex Smith?

Now stop laughing. You know how ridiculous a question that is.

Unless you have Rodgers, Eli, Brady, Brees, Cam Newton, and perhaps Big Ben...saying "We don't want Peyton." is ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif

Any person who claims that they're a 49er fan and says that Alex Smith is a better choice than Peyton $%%%!%% Manning needs to get their head checked by Patrick Willis.

This team is primed to win NOW. This isn't baseball or basketball where you have large windows. Our D is solid, our O line is solid, Gore has 2 more years left, and our WR core can only get stronger.

Do it Mitch!

Originally Posted by dland24

It absolutely astonishes me that people in here, who claim to know football, think Alex is a better choice for the 49ers. Alex freakin Smith.

Seriously. Say this out loud to yourself right now: Peyton Manning or Alex Smith?

38 YEAR OLD PEYTON MANNING??? 3 NECK SURGERIES??! HAS'NT PLAYED IN ALMOST 2 YEARS!?

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Unless you have Rodgers, Eli, Brady, Brees, Romo, Cam Newton, and perhaps Big Ben...saying "We don't want Peyton." is ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif

Basically...guys like 18 don't come aLong every day

38? He's 35. Turns 36 in like three weeks. And he's been "out of football" for a little over a year, even though he's been throwing the ball since December.

You're loud and wrong.

I'd think that with a core of Manning + Gore + Davis + Wayne* on offense and that great D you'd have to pencil the 9ers in the Super Bowl for the next three years.  Also doesn't hurt that they've got nearly $40m in cap space this offseason.  Having Alex Smith will always force you to question whether he can get it done on a week to week basis especially when his TD/INT ratio inevitably levels out.  A lot of his success was predicated on the simplification of the playbook by Harbaugh;  that's something that's not even a thought in your mind if Peyton is under center because there's nobody in the NFL that beats the blitz better than he does.
* Obviously contingent on Wayne following Manning like he said he would like to.

I bet money he goes somewhere unexpected, I come to realize these guys have no clue where players will land.

Case in point Nhamdi.

He's in Miami right now, if the Dolphins are serious about this, they should be waiting on his porch right about now. 

Originally Posted by dland24

the people in here saying 9ers should take Alex over Peyton dont want to see them in the super bowl, simple and plain.

I hope to god somebody gives Alex a ridiculous offer in free agency and he leaves so the front office is forced to upgrade

Originally Posted by VA757VA

Unless you have Rodgers, Eli, Brady, Brees, Romo, Cam Newton, and perhaps Big Ben...saying "We don't want Peyton." is ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif

Basically...guys like 18 don't come aLong every day

I just wanna say that I didn't include Romo. Maybe add Stafford to that list.

If you are Baltimore, Atlanta, or San Fran, I don't understand how you are not interested. You are not winning any super bowls with your current qb.

I don't think the Texans even have the cap space to sign Manning though..

they would if they cut Schaub and if Manning signed a flexible, incentive based contract with little guaranteed money. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

He's in Miami right now, if the Dolphins are serious about this, they should be waiting on his porch right about now. 

Basically. You don't let him leave Miami.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by glasses

do a pro's/cons for the 49ers like you did the other teams

I got'cha

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

49ers make offer to Smith, not interested in Manning
March 7, 2012, 8:55 am

The 49ers have an "offer on the table" to scheduled free agent Alex Smith and the club is not interested in signing veteran quarterback Peyton Manning, a well-placed source told CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday.

Coach Jim Harbaugh has said repeatedly that Smith "is our guy" with the 49ers. And the 49ers are actively attempting to lock up Smith to a multi-year contract, according to the source. Agent Tom Condon represents Smith and Manning.

Manning, whom the Indianapolis Colts released on Wednesday, is free to negotiate with every NFL team. Miami, Washington, Seattle and the New York Jets are among the teams that have reported interest in signing Manning, an 11-time Pro Bowl player.

With Smith starting every game last season, the 49ers finished with a 13-3 record in the regular season and advanced to the NFC championship game. Smith had the best season of his career, completing 61.3 percent of his passes for 3,144 yards with 17 touchdowns and five interceptions. His passer rating was 90.7. Smith turns 28 in May.

Manning, who turns 36 in this month, did not play in 2011 after undergoing spinal fusion surgery in September.

http://www.csnbayarea.com...nterested?blockID=665002
pimp.gif

Thank you...
Basically everything I was about to say in response was stated in this write-up. 

Unless you have Rodgers, Eli, Brady, Brees, Cam Newton, and perhaps Big Ben...saying "We don't want Peyton." is ridiculous.
30t6p3b.gif

He's 35 ... missed 1 year ... best believe he was studying film, keeping up ... mentally sharp ...
laugh.gif
@ the stuff being said ... 
U HAVE TO GO AFTER PEYTON ... OR AT LEAST CONSIDER IT ... 

doesn't mean he's all the way ... but u need to do ur due diligence and see what he has ... it's #18 ... damn yall must have forgot ... favre was 40+ when he did his thing w/ the vikes ... IF he's 90% or higher ... you sign the man ... 

49ers should throw the bank at peyton. if it doesn't work out we can draft some super-average qb and we're back to the same place we started

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Oh Word?!?!? He's Fine Huh?

That 3rd down conversion in the NFC Championship says otherwise bro
Thank You. Special teams? Although, I know we won't sign him because Jimmy likes Alex. Whatever Jimmy likes, I'll be there to support that but this is Peyton Freaking Manning! Yes, Alex had a heck of a year we didn't just lost because of that bonehead Kyle Williams but the fact that he went for 1 and 13 in 3rd down conversions! That's unacceptable. Peyton's ability to read defenses could change all that. During the season, our problem was the red zone offenses. Peyton can also change that. I'd take a 5% healthy Peyton over a 110% healthy Alex anyday! But like I said, it's unlikely we'll probably even make a run at him. 

Back
Top Bottom