Phil Jackson - OVERRATED

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Laker fans still looking for a scapegoat to blame their season on.............
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  I love it!!
d0a35f8deb0ac30ec8ee0eebe65512ea9a288e4_r.gif

Where are these Laker fans you speak of? None of us are looking for any scapegoats or have made any complaints about anything related to basketball in this thread. 

It's okay though, i'll give you what you are looking for:

"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
."

co-sign.

no scapegoats here. we lost plain and simple. no excuses whatsoever.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What exactly are you saying? That a coach needs good players to win games? Oh ok.

same could be said about every coach in existence, don't see whats so groundbreaking here OP

He's a great psychologist and is also very intelligent. Being a great psychologist is what coaching is about. Only him can manage the egos of Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, Shaq, etc all together.

No he's not overrated.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Get Over It, the Lakers lost because they just weren't good enough.
this.

No real laker fan thinks we lost because of Phil Jackson. I Consider him the best coach if all sports, we lost because Mavs played better plain and simple. No one is trying to blame Phil Jackson, and no way IN HELL hes overrated

Originally Posted by RiceBaLLer2

Scottie Pippen?  Nothing but respect for Pippen.  Great teammate.  Great player.  He was a thug when he came into the league, but really came around and they talk regularly now. Pippen and Jordan together defensively was as devastating a duo as there will ever be.  Scottie and Michael used to compete on everything.  Jordan used always claim his hands were bigger, but they weren’t.  Scottie was very blessed down below.  And that killed Michael.  Johnny said, “you should have seen the girls pippen had waiting for him everywhere we went. Madonna used to pick him up in a limo with a hot tub every time we went to L.A.Michael used to tell Madonna he could satisfy her better, to which Madonna would tell him “not a chance.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

I stopped reading after pippen was a thug
30t6p3b.gif
 . My man pippen was maa soft
tired.gif

You know Pippen personally or are you just talking out of your %@%?

You don't have to know him personally to know he was not a thug... Scottie came in the league meek as a mouse. 

Young and black = Thug?

Stephen Jackson = Thug
Tony Allen = Thug
Iverson = Thug

Scottie was not one.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by RiceBaLLer2

Scottie Pippen?  Nothing but respect for Pippen.  Great teammate.  Great player.  He was a thug when he came into the league, but really came around and they talk regularly now. Pippen and Jordan together defensively was as devastating a duo as there will ever be.  Scottie and Michael used to compete on everything.  Jordan used always claim his hands were bigger, but they weren’t.  Scottie was very blessed down below.  And that killed Michael.  Johnny said, “you should have seen the girls pippen had waiting for him everywhere we went. Madonna used to pick him up in a limo with a hot tub every time we went to L.A.Michael used to tell Madonna he could satisfy her better, to which Madonna would tell him “not a chance.

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

I stopped reading after pippen was a thug
30t6p3b.gif
 . My man pippen was maa soft
tired.gif

You know Pippen personally or are you just talking out of your %@%?

You don't have to know him personally to know he was not a thug... Scottie came in the league meek as a mouse. 

Young and black = Thug?

Stephen Jackson = Thug
Tony Allen = Thug
Iverson = Thug

Scottie was not one.
Ignore him everyone knows that scottie was not about that life I heard scottie used to get punked all the time

Some people think that Phil is overrated because he was never the greatest coach when it came to X's & O's...like somehow that's the ONLY aspect of coaching that matters.

Doug Collins and Larry Brown are two of the most knowledgable coaches the NBA has ever seen but there's a reason why their coaching stints normally end ugly...

--OP, you just said one of those things thats thought of alot but never spoken aloud.
--I doont know whether to give you props or SMH.

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Phil Jackson is the greatest coach in the history of Sports... Not just basketball.
I think Sir Alex Ferguson begs to differ. 
pimp.gif

But in answer to the OP, Red and Phil are head and shoulders above any other coach in Basketball history no one else even comes close.  Definitely not overrated.

You're a bit mislead OP. Phil has 11 rings and has led his teams to 13 conference titles.

He is without a doubt the GREATEST coach in the history of the NBA
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

kvsm23vs24 wrote:

Lets see if the lakers can win a ring without Phil.
If Kobe can win one without him it'd be
pimp.gif
NO..... If Kobe can win one as the lead guy with out Phil it would completely validate the idea and concept that Kobe is the second greatest player ever.
Thats how much doing it w/o Phil could mean for Kobe.
It literally has to be his goal. I think he should shut his mouth the whole season, have his wife and kids in Italy, pillage every piece of poon he can get. Then I want him to not practice the first 60 games of the season. Practice the last 20 or so. Then he needs to be Kobe Bean Bryant again.
After that retire, invest and buy a team and micro manage it.

I'd like to say I agree with this and this would be true, BUT people would "find" something else to discredit him as a player. (that goes for LeBron as well)

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

pimp.gif
NO..... If Kobe can win one as the lead guy with out Phil it would completely validate the idea and concept that Kobe is the second greatest player ever.
It literally has to be his goal. I think he should shut his mouth the whole season, have his wife and kids in Italy, pillage every piece of poon he can get. Then I want him to not practice the first 60 games of the season. Practice the last 20 or so. Then he needs to be Kobe Bean Bryant again.

huh? arent we agreeing?

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--OP, you just said one of those things thats thought of alot but never spoken aloud.
--I doont know whether to give you props or SMH.

Congrats first person I have ever ignored, I mean at least Airfresh is funny with his troll.

I mean, this has to be posted again:

http://sports.espn.go.com...mons/110513&sportCat=nba

If you dont understand how great of a coach the dude was after reading that, then you dont understand what really goes on in coaching any sport. It takes more than just X's and O's; it takes more than knowledge of the game. There is so much more that goes on with that when you deal with the human aspect.

Great respect for Phil.

pimp.gif

huh? arent we agreeing?

Pretty much I just dont think it would be
pimp.gif
He has needed to get the distraction that is his personal life away from him for a while.
His wife has become a lose cannon. They are both cheating on each other, and everyone knows it.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Laker fans still looking for a scapegoat to blame their season on.............
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  I love it!!

^ Everybody needs someone. Coaches don't really matter inbasketball or baseball. Now if you were talking about football that would be adifferent story.

Back
Top Bottom