*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

and he replaced jmatt.. we need guys whose best position is either X or Z

I’m still 100% sold on JJets. We need help everywhere, not just speed. He’s the same style as Michael Thomas and Keenan Allen. And I’m sure eagles fans would welcome those two

I’m still 100% sold on JJets. We need help everywhere, not just speed. He’s the same style as Michael Thomas and Keenan Allen. And I’m sure eagles fans would welcome those two

I disagree.. we see how different the offense is with a healthy alshon that could run (a legit X), with a deep threat Torrey or with the brief moments of desean we got (both Zs)

Ertz plays a ton in the slot (remember me talking a shhh ton about jmatt actually limiting ertz because of the overlap with skills), Goedert a little less, miles and ward can get slot snaps and even desean was getting snaps in the slot in his brief time

I actually would rather us run split back stuff with miles and Boston and no real slot WR than drafting dude.. id rather get Antonio Gibson later in the draft with all the things he brings to the table and what he could do with miles and the 2 TEs

I just don’t buy into the theory that Jefferson can’t play outside. Sure he played the slot in college but that’s because there was an elite outside receiver lined up next to him.

elite hands (which drop issues was probably our #1 issue), great breakaway speed, YAC. Dudes a can’t miss prospect that is extremely versatile.

agree to disagree tho. I think we all know that it both Mims and JJets are available, they’re gonna go with Jefferson. So might as well get used to the idea of him being on our squad because there’s a decent chance it happens

To add to this, again I’d be fine with either Mims or Jefferson. I just don’t understand the logic of being emotionally invested in only one guy for this draft when most WR would be a huge upgrade

Yea nah... I don’t see the breakaway speed.. I think he’s a very good player, but just doesn’t have the value for us

we were sold on that whole versatility thing with both agholor and Jordan Matthews

agholor is a perfect example of a guy who’s confidence got killed because people tried to ask too much of him

hell look at someone like juju who was doing work in the slot.. but once they tried to do more with him and he had to face outside corners his play dipped

To add to this, again I’d be fine with either Mims or Jefferson. I just don’t understand the logic of being emotionally invested in only one guy for this draft when most WR would be a huge upgrade

im not invested in a single guy

ive said multiple times we need multiple guys

and I’d love jefferson, if we were getting him in the 2nd

just like I wouldn’t want hamler or couple other guys at 21 but would love them in the 2nd

Again, agree to disagree. A dude his size running a 4.4? Give me all that

So 2:50 and 3:55 ain’t breakaway speed? Cmon dog.

im not invested in a single guy

ive said multiple times we need multiple guys

and I’d love jefferson, if we were getting him in the 2nd

just like I wouldn’t want hamler or couple other guys at 21 but would love them in the 2nd
But Jefferson is not going in the second. He might not even be available at 21. But I would love him and then Hamler in the 2nd as the most ideal/realistic scenario

But Jefferson is not going in the second. He might not even be available at 21. But I would love him and then Hamler in the 2nd as the most ideal/realistic scenario

For a decent amount of teams, I see Jefferson’s value you in the 1st

just not for us.. also that ain’t the combo I want since both going need slot snaps

now mims or reagor and then hamler works for me, because I see mims as an X and reagor as a Z

aiyuk is another guy who could end up in the 1st I’m not on board with that high

if we get Justin jefferson give me Michael Pittman jr later on who could be an X

For me, we’re looking to give wentz the best guys to go with ertz/goedert and then miles

that’s why it’s a clear 3 in this order: lamb, ruggs and then jeudy

then clear 2: mims then reagor

those are the 1st round value guys for us.. then there are guys depending on circumstances

don’t want shenault if he is supposed to be main guy, for example

Also, only hope I got for JJAW left is for dude to get big slot snaps and hope he learns to use his size and maybe gets confidence in his hands in year 2

will just say this with regard to jefferson and the agholor comparison

jefferson's sophomore year stats:

in 13 games: 54 receptions, 875 yards and 6 TDS

and now with burrow and all that talent all over the place his junior year:

in 15 games: 111 receptions, 1540 yards and 18 TDs

agholor sophomore year stats:

in 14 games: 56 receptions, 918 yards and 6 TDs

junior year, in 13 games: 104 receptions, 1313 yards and 12 TDs

jefferson at the combine: 6'1, 202 LBs, 4.43 40, 33 inch arms, 9 1/8 hands

agholor at the combine: 6', 198 LBs, 4.42 40, 32 1/4 inch arms, 9 1/4 hands

I just can't buy into making comparisons like that, especially with college stats. Completely different teams, systems, times, conferences, etc.

Combine, sure. But Nelly has clear confidence issues. Jefferson is know to be a dog and mentally tough

I will say though, it will be interesting to see how JJets does at the next level. Was his college performance a result of a stacked team with arguably the best QB talent in the last few years? That's definitely a reasonable concern. But I do like his renowned work ethic and him essentially playing in an NFL system at LSU against SEC defenses.

Again, if we take Mims over him, I'm completely fine with that. Dude is a beast as well and savy AF. I love his athletic ability and his fluidity. Dude looks natural out there. Also funny to see the Mims vs Nelly comparisons elsewhere on the internet:

I will just say, imagine USC agholor on that LSU team with all that talent and a college QB having the greatest season ever for a college QB

and then a no 1 WR that would have gone above ceedee lamb, jerry jeudy and ruggs in a stacked class as a sophomore

I mean we’re about to see 5 dudes from that offense go in the 1st 3-4 rounds in a week

Wtf he scary. I wanna know what parts of Philly he was in. If he was in center city talking about he was scared......loool

Back
Top Bottom