*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Any WR picked past late 2nd/maybe early 3rd isn't gonna be a complete WR so just gotta hope the team can improve Hightower's skills. You can't teach speed so even if his hands aren't great he could at least run sweeps and other end around type plays

Any WR picked past late 2nd/maybe early 3rd isn't gonna be a complete WR so just gotta hope the team can improve Hightower's skills. You can't teach speed so even if his hands aren't great he could at least run sweeps and other end around type plays
This is true, but part of the eagles issues has been finding ways to maximize a players abilities. Hopefully coaching this time around (with Moorehead) has better impacts on the development of the wrs

I honestly think if Hurts pick was replaced by Mims or anyone else that could’ve filled one of our glaring holes on the team would’ve been perfect . But it’s too late now , nothing we can do about it .

I strongly believe they're gonna use Hurts even when Wentz is healthy. Lamar Jackson proved last season that defenses Struggle against big speedy QBs when the coach doesn't force them to stay in the pocket and lets them run.

When Wentz runs RPO defenses don't let off the pass rush bc they know 95% of the time it's a pass. You put Hurts in with an RPO and now teams have to second guess their pass rush if Hurts is picking up yards. Not the ideal pick at 53 but if he adds dimension to the boring *** offense we had last season I'm for it

Yup. The Hurts pick was bad for us and makes the draft look a lot worse than what it really is. B+ without Hurts, A if we took Fulton or Mims

Can’t compare hurts to Lamar.. Lamar and Vick are the only guys in that class

hurts is more russ or dak as a runner

Can’t compare hurts to Lamar.. Lamar and Vick are the only guys in that class

hurts is more russ or dak as a runner

I compared Hurts to Lamar in the sense of coaching him to be comfortable running as option 1. Russ and Dak force themselves to sit in the pocket at times to prove they can throw. If you're only using Hurts on certain packages where it's designed for him to look for the running lanes first then he can be dangerous.

I strongly believe they're gonna use Hurts even when Wentz is healthy. Lamar Jackson proved last season that defenses Struggle against big speedy QBs when the coach doesn't force them to stay in the pocket and lets them run.

When Wentz runs RPO defenses don't let off the pass rush bc they know 95% of the time it's a pass. You put Hurts in with an RPO and now teams have to second guess their pass rush if Hurts is picking up yards. Not the ideal pick at 53 but if he adds dimension to the boring *** offense we had last season I'm for it
Because 95% of RPOs even with Foles was a pass lol Once Carson starts using his legs more again (and designing more plays to get him on the move), he’d start passing out of RPOs less

Also we have to consider the growth of Sanders after the Miami game

It’ll be more like Vick in 2009. He’s in for sub packages to keep you guessing

but you could do more with Vick, is my point

Hurts is more of a Tebow type runner, they can take advantage of things but you’re not counting on them to make guys miss in space.. russ is the savvy version of it with pump fakes.. dak is also this type of runner

I’d take flyers on prince tega wanogho and Donovan peoples-jones this late and see if they can prove anything in camp

cause I’d assume both get scooped quick as UdFA if they make it there

Nevermind, just saw Cleveland took him

Back
Top Bottom