*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Someone made a good point on social media. With the NFL pushing for an 18 game season, most teams aren't gonna want their starting QB out there putting all those miles on his body if they're looking at the playoffs.

If the NFL passes the 18 game season, I'd be cool with Wentz 12-14 games and Hurts taking the rest. Dunno if the potential 18 game season had an impact on their decision but if it occurs, Hurts pick will be valuable.

yup.. it was terrible

only sense it makes to me is you have your backup locked in for 4 for cheap.. and if he plays, hopefully we can flip him for at least a 2nd

I think they’re going do away with the compensatory picks soon, so can’t even bank on that 3rd in free agency

some thoughts:

- K'Von Wallace is probably my favorite pick they made. athletic, tough, versatile (safety/slot). not expecting the next Dawkins or Jenkins but should be a contributor. hopefully a future starting safety.

- i love that we got Reagor even though i think we reached on him. super explosive. really excited to see him make some plays for us.

- Davion Taylor seems like a huge, huge reach in the 3rd. i like the idea of a bigger safety type that can hit with speed at LB, but he really seems like a 5th rounder at best to me. seems extremely raw.

- Driscoll. eh. some other guys still on the board i would've been happier with (Curtis Weaver, Bryce Hall, Bradlee Anae, Justin Strnad)

- both receivers look like they have some upside. good speed, decent size for both. solid picks.

- Bradley, Prince, and Toohill seem like solid picks. can't expect much but again, some upside there.

- the Hurts pick is just an F to me. for so many reasons. i like him but i absolutely hate the pick. people keep bringing up Taysom Hill but he very clearly doesn't want to be that at all. anyone who's paid attention to him should know this. he views himself as a QB and only a QB. a lot like the way McNabb didn't want to be viewed as just another running black QB.

I really hope that with the hurts pick, that we’re only going roll with 2 QBs and save that extra roster spot for elsewhere

like with WRs, we know we can’t trust desean, alshon or Goodwin to stay healthy

Or JJAW to stay healthy

Alshon, if he’s still around won’t count for a roster spot until activated from PUP list

and I assume 1 of the WRs is going get IR’d with some random injury so we can stash them for a year
If going with 2 QB, then that pretty much all but guarantees Ward is on the roster as the emergency QB

2 QBs
4 RBs
3-4 TEs
6 WRs (including Alshon)
8-9 OL

If going with 2 QB, then that pretty much all but guarantees Ward is on the roster as the emergency QB

2 QBs
4 RBs
3-4 TEs
6 WRs (including Alshon)
8-9 OL

if alshon is still around, I assume he’s on pup to start the year.. so don’t have to count him yet

I assume Goodwin is insurance for the speedsters through camp.. no guarantee he makes the team, but if guys take a while to get stuff down THEN I see him making the roster.. Also if desean gets hurt

also I could easily see us pulling the fake IR move with either watkins or Hightower.. or your boy

but I’d assume 3 TEs, maybe just 2.. and then depends on who’s handling return duties on how many RBs we carry

Maybe prince gets the IR stash with his knee injury, as far as oline

but we obviously know the main 5 make it.. mailata probably backs up both tackle spots.. pryor and herbig are making it.. and then Driscoll gives us 9 there

if alshon is still around, I assume he’s on pup to start the year.. so don’t have to count him yet

I assume Goodwin is insurance for the speedsters through camp.. no guarantee he makes the team, but if guys take a while to get stuff down THEN I see him making the roster.. Also if desean gets hurt

also I could easily see us pulling the fake IR move with either watkins or Hightower.. or your boy

but I’d assume 3 TEs, maybe just 2.. and then depends on who’s handling return duties on how many RBs we carry
Killins would have a role like Kenyon Barner if he makes the roster. RB4 and primary return man

I can definitely see the fake IR move with the WRs, maybe Watkins could stick on the PS but not sure about Hightower

Ertz, Goedert, Perkins is 3 and they might keep althat other TE from last summer too

For the first time in ages we have actual decisions to make to change the offense. I’m here for it

Maybe prince gets the IR stash with his knee injury, as far as oline

but we obviously know the main 5 make it.. mailata probably backs up both tackle spots.. pryor and herbig are making it.. and then Driscoll gives us 9 there
Agreed. That’s why I said 8-9. Pryor and Driscoll can both swing inside for both guard spots and emergency tackle

So after the Hurts pick, we came out of the draft doing pretty well. Still confused about the Hurts pick, but I’ll live with it.

So after the Hurts pick, we came out of the draft doing pretty well. Still confused about the Hurts pick, but I’ll live with it.
Hurts was a great pick at a terrible position. Backup QBs are super valuable. But with Fulton on the board, no idea how you mess that one up

Only coaches who could legit make a 2 QB offense work would be Big Red, Dougie P and Payton

Doug is arrogant at times but when he’s had the opportunity to truly be innovative he has

They basically had equal grades on Hightower and Watkins. So it’s probably one or the other. Hightower looks like he has more upside, Watkins looks more like a natural wr with some better ball skills than Hightower.

Back
Top Bottom