Photography contest/assignment #1 (UPDATED 05.22.09: VOTING BEGINS PG. 11 - please VOTE!)

might be just me, but the thing i notice most is that it seems like the lone pink gumball stands out more than the yellow. but cool pic, nonetheless.

Yeah, I thought that might happen. The machine used to be in front of a window, so alot of them faded...It's actually a faded red one.
See the 1/2 white, 1/2 blue ones?
laugh.gif

I wanted to participate but couldn't think of nothing creative to take an image of displaying patterns AND it's been raining for the last 5-6 days now(DMV) so going out with the cam hasn't really been an option...

Anyways, I remember this was due today, so I whipped up a few ideas quickly (of a couple buildings I drive by daily AND my fence)... as always feel free toC&C or visit the Flickr... more importantly Enjoy!

^ I tried to really display this cloudy grimey weather that the all mighty has been blessing us with this week (not a joke, I don't mind, clean my car off,clean the pollen, help my grass, wash off my pup poop from the yard too, among other things)... sorry went off on a tangent!Peace

Planned on hitting the city after work tomorrow but I see the edit now,
so the assignment ends tonight.....heres my work...Enjoy!
Some of these are older but nonetheless you see my pattern.

Bump

OP, (always wanted to say it, had to look it up and see what the hell it meant lol)

What's next, how will the voting work... when and what's the next assignment. Peace

laundry-2.jpg

Another pattern one.....

Oh....I have an idea on a new assignment. Why don't we do one dealing with the use of color. So the idea is to take 3 pictures that display the 3 primarycolors: yellow, red and blue. Example:

10052756-freediving-at-dean-blue-hole.jpg

red-leaves-petteway-112709-ga.jpg

yellow-fabric-lewis-690127-ga.jpg

Just 3 photos with no photoshop enhancements or with the aid of human assistance. You have to somewhat find these somewhere in your surroundings and if thereis something I have to stress on, be creative. Don't take a bunch of photos in your house or in your general surroundings. Go out and try to capturesomething. Remember, this is a photo assignment so try not to just snap a photo just because it has color. Snap something cool!

Let me know what you guys think and we can have this done say Sunday or even next Wednesday to give a week to get this. I think the best thing unlike last timeis to post all your work on the due date. That is just me though......

Oh....I have an idea on a new assignment. Why don't we do one dealing with the use of color. So the idea is to take 3 pictures that display the 3 primary colors: yellow, red and blue. Example:

I like the idea but this previous assignment needs to be closed first.

well . . i thought the mavericks played tonight & i wanted to use my 1k post on creating a game day thread at midnight but they don't play untilsaturday.

i know it's may 7th . . but i took some quick pictures at work to participate in this thread.

58689264.jpg

78270036.jpg

^^ amazin how many people poste pictures like this - I hardly use to notice them before I got into photography now they are all over .. nice job ....

photography opens up ur mind and lets you view things from a perspective you otherwise wont EVER.....i look for picture ops everywhere...no lie...lol

Back
Top Bottom