Photography contest/assignment #1 (UPDATED 05.22.09: VOTING BEGINS PG. 11 - please VOTE!)

xqmkr5.jpg

its a little confusing in here. i thought it was one entry with a 3 shot set. so you have 3 shots all in one post? did i get that right?

^that wasnt directed towards you at all. btw, that's a pretty dope capture.

i just thought it could be more organized. it would help with the observing and judging. this could be a really good thread if it is done right.

I thought week 1 ended the 6th?
People still posting pics on the 8th?
Now, it's the 11th with no winner or new assignment?

nerd.gif

EDIT: Didnt notice the OP edit:

edit: the due date is now PAST; no more submissions will be considered after the time of this edit. we'll be reviewing the photographscarefully and updating this post with the latest and greatest of the bunch over the weekend. thank you all for participating!

^ For me it's not even that, but more the fact that a "winner" was never announced and what/when will the next assignment be posted.

This idea and thread had great potential BUT unfortunately the OP wasn't able to follow through. Who knows though, whats going on in his/her personal lifeand I'm not going to check if he/she has been posting on NT... BUT still...

Does anyone want to volunteer to pick-up where the OP left off... name a "winner" and assign a new assignment? I can't do it, well, because Idon't have the commitment and/or time (sometimes).

I always said that maybe the NT Photographer should start a group on Flickr, it will allow for more organization, FAQs, tips, discussions, and assignments tobe posted. Dunno.

I don't think it should even be a contest. Just assignments for people to go out and shoot and compare and contrast with things. I mean can actually be anofficial judge on here unless it is a poll of some sorts.

I don't want to pick up the slack but I suggest something for the other assignment.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I don't think it should even be a contest. Just assignments for people to go out and shoot and compare and contrast with things. I mean can actually be an official judge on here unless it is a poll of some sorts.

I don't want to pick up the slack but I suggest something for the other assignment.
I agree. Sure, someone can have a best shot... but this is meant to be something fun that can help many of us.
CC would be the best kind of response, i think everyone should openly critique the work posted in this thread.

lets pick the pace back up and get on with a next assignment
smile.gif

i am not going to take over the admin of this thread, but i do have an idea for the next project

let's do some play with lighting, but you can not use the standard light sources of sunlight orflashes/strobes.
let's try to play with new light sources. ie: candle light, street light, or restaurant lighting (usually hard to work with.) this will help us learn sometechniques with manual exposures and white balance.

who's down?

oh yeah, and lets step it up with the c&c and tip&tricks so that we can all learn from each other and grow into some great photographers

im going to repost this because it was at the bottom of the last page...

i am not going to take over the admin of this thread, but i do have an idea for the next project

let's do some play with lighting, but you can not use the standard light sources of sunlight or flashes/strobes.
let's try to play with new light sources. ie: candle light, street light, or restaurant lighting (usually hard to work with.) this will help us learn sometechniques with manual exposures and white balance.

who's down?

Back
Top Bottom