photoshop tips thread

Quote:
how do you make the text to stand out even more other than making it Strong? are there anymore effects out there for texts for it to stand out?

If you want to make the type stand out a bit you need to look at how the layout of the type and create some contrast between the type main type colour, other type colours and background colour. Personally I wouldn't go for most of the effects on photoshop, usually gives a cheap look to the overall design. Try to find some other examples of graphic design that has the type of design you like. Here are some I found quickly found:

See how the different colour of the main type makes it looks like it is standing out more.

Quote:
how do people make the effect on their pictures to make them look like they have been splattered on....

They have probably have found a splatter effect brush on the internet and uploaded it onto photoshop. Or they might have created their own brush or vector by drawing out their splatter, scaning it, then creating a brush from it or a vector drawing.

artistry
[email protected]

RGD: illustrator.

sup.....

i found an easy way to do the pen tool thing, if let's say you're tracing the outline of something, is to reduce your brush/pen size to the smallest visible size, then as you go over the outline, just click like crazy.. that way you have more points, and the lines wld look smoother.

i dont think thats the way its done.. but hey, i'm just sharing. : )

Hey guys, does anyone have a good technique for taking two images that are say, a square shape, putting them next to oneanother and making them look sort of seamless in the middle?

Hey guys i need help...I'm making a movie poster for my project in school.

Can anyone teach me a step by step process on how i can do a fade similar to this:

sys46v.jpg

Like the red to black type of fade...I hope i can get a reply soon enough.

I'd really appreciate any type of help! thanks!
-------------
aim: buttahlikeparkay

Chad Johnson on being covered: "It's just impossible,'' Johnson said, with a straight face. "It's not who I'm playing. It can't be done, and I've come to that conclusion. If I had to stop myself, I probably wouldn't be able to do it, either.''

^ try the gradient color overlay or something like that, i'd have to be looking at my other comp to help more, you can hit me up on aim if you need some help -Sycam0re

I need some help with something
I need to make a text box-logo for something similar to this

L O V E
H A T E
E N V Y

with a box around the outside, and the letters in white. Kinda like the supreme box , but i have trouble getting the letters to align..
I need the spacing to be the same for every letter, to make it look decent..

anyone know which fonts to use, or how to do this?
VVNDS Sz 9.5 Adidas Warhol , get at me with offers

There's a font in Windows where every letter is in a box the same size - so they are evenly centred rather than evenly spaced - looks weird on a page but should work for you.

I think it's OCR A extended. If that doesn't work I created a font a few years ago that is like that and could email it to you if you want. It's just a boring Arial version where all the letters take up the same space.

If I was doing that though, I would use a font I like and put every letter on a separate layer - space them how I want and then merge the layers.

You can line things up with PS too. Just select all the layers you want to line up and then go to layer>align> then choose which edge you want to line up. This ensures everything is on the same level - it's easy to be a pixel or so out if you don't do that.
[/b]"Whas like us? None! an' theyre a' deed.

whats an easy way to do parodies, for example flipping the dunkin donuts logo into something else?

for ex. dunkin dognuts
VVNDS Sz 9.5 Adidas Warhol , get at me with offers

Just go to edit>replace color and play with the sliders.

Or you could just do edit>desaturate and it will be grey anyway.

Quote:
whats an easy way to do parodies, for example flipping the dunkin donuts logo into something else?

Best to put the original logo on one layer and then erase the part you don't want - the text basically.

Then just replace the text with something similar.

You can get a lot of fonts
here or Google for the exact one that you want.
[/b]"Whas like us? None! an' theyre a' deed.

one question!!!

I know u can Download the fonts, but how do u place them into ur PS??
[/center]
and u suck

Sup_

It should automatically show up in your PS. Once you put it
in your font folder.

Peace.
"...I find a place in my heart for this hip-hop.....And pump blood through my vein my skin get hot
I take you very serious and make you write more.....If I don't celebrate I got nothing to fight for
I'm tight raw, excite y'all like nightfall.....I'm tight y'all, I walk the street like y'all..."
Get your realize._skullCREST tee Here or Email Me for more info.
www.realizethetruth.net

I have a question:

When i used to open an image it would always open with 25% and now when i open one i opens at 16.7%. If i want it to open at 25% every time what do i do? Thanks

Quote:
When i used to open an image it would always open with 25% and now when i open one i opens at 16.7%. If i want it to open at 25% every time what do i do? Thanks

Erm, are you just taking about zooming in and out? The amount it zooms in by depends on how big the image is. You can zoom in and out by clicking Ctrl+ or Ctrl-

ehh guess ill contribute a little bit...heres some junk i just did...

did this for an NT'er...ended up not wanting it..oh well- first time ever trying something like this
m31qf.jpg

did a gang of these for some friends...
img4156copycxxc5ss.jpg

seethru2hj8ku.jpg

seethru1copy1um.jpg

img4162vvvvv3xt.jpg

and had to chop this up to be my new tag for when i sell stuff...it looks just like me..no lie...
bapecopy5jt.jpg

my attempt at a panoramic stitching thinga mabob
pna9wr3nl.jpg

thats all folks...
[/center]

Alright, in Photo Shop can you make an image cartoonish lol ?

I've seen a lot of people with pics of their shoes like this on their shoe boxes, so just wondering how its done...
Thanks

[/b]​

Sup NTers. Just some advice:

Try not to get too wrapped up in digital effects and filters. It's nice to go a bit school once in a while. For example, with the pic that was made to look like a polariod they could have actually scanned in a polariod to get a real image, then just add the image you want on photoshop. You could even try making your own fonts, scan them in and use them. Be creative! Here is something I did pretty quick using some stock images (I'm too lazy to take pics myself!)

adventures of new bohemia
artist​

Back
Top Bottom