Pics of the VI + XVII Countdown pack

Wow!! cant wait to say the final production pics hopefully we get nike air on the back
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wishful thinking. to think jordan brand would put nike air on the final product would imply that jordan brand cares about the integrity of the jordan line.

a 45 year old prostitute has more respect for her battered cooch than jordan brand has for the jordan signature line...

laugh.gif

to those that have watched the dvd that comes with the xx3... i heard that these sample carmines in these pics were hand made, which would explain theincredible quality that we see. anyone else see this on the dvd?? if this is true then we can expext the quality on these to be nowhere near what we see onthese samples...
frown.gif

btw, carmines were obviously the best choice. we already got black/infras...
and carmines>>>white/infras. although white/infra reds would've been nice as well..

Originally Posted by BigTy23

For once JB does something right, dont change a thing...
ummm........... am i missing something here?
laugh.gif

i know that carmine shoe is missing something though
eek.gif

I had butterflies thinkin there might be Nike Air on the back....I'll still get the pack though. Very nice looking.

crossshooter:
i really appreicate your story and have much respect on you. sometimes hypebeast just cop the kicks cz everybody like it. but i still kinda dont understand this story could happen to any of jordan, but why ya perfer carmine over all other jordans.
Like I said, it's not really about preference; it's about the fact that the last time this shoe cam out was SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO. You know?No other Jordan took 17 years before seeing a second run at production.

Well, maybe grape Vs, but they were never a classic, because Jordan never wore them.

Military IVs took forever to retro, but like the grape Vs, these were never a classic shoe; the were simply an old shoe that people fell in love with again andwanted... and received.

Fire red IVs have retroed twice, once with lasering all over the shoe, and then the second time with a Mars Blackmon picture lasered on the back, but thesewere never as classic as the carmines, either. Why? I guess I should have mentioned this earlier, but...

... the VI is the first shoe Jordan won a championship in, and in the opinion of MANY, the carmine is the hottest colorway of the VI.

- classic shoe (like the white IIIs he won the dunk contest in, or the first Air Jordans)
- white/red/black colorway (the color of the Bulls)
- it's the VI, the first shoe he won a championship in
- first time it's being retroed; not the second or the third or the 9th, but the first time we are getting this shoe offered to us since Jordan wore them17 years ago

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

On a side note I think this pack needs to be shipped on a double sided briefcase ..
happy.gif
.. Why not? The XVII had their own brifecase and the VI can surely rate one ... decisions ..

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. That would be cool if they are able to put a creative twist on the box, since they are charging an extra$10 on the MSRP.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

no nike air. no cop. gentry can jam the left shoe up his$*%*% and tinker can jam the right up his$*%*%. retro is supposed to be about vintage. if im gonna pay 300 damn right i want exact replicas..

jumpman air is LAME. you hypebeast who have no appreciation for vintage can have these...
Real Talk

Didn't like them in '91 and still don't like them now. I really can't believe all the love for these. They look like a bad retro+, IMO.

And they look worse without the Nike Air. To me the Nike Air was as much a part of the VI's as almost anything else. Most Jordans don't really look allthat bad without it, but the VI's, to me needs the Nike Air (DMP's included).

But, I guess I'm happy for all the OG heads who have been wanting them, and now will be able to get them.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

crossshooter:
i really appreicate your story and have much respect on you. sometimes hypebeast just cop the kicks cz everybody like it. but i still kinda dont understand this story could happen to any of jordan, but why ya perfer carmine over all other jordans.
Like I said, it's not really about preference; it's about the fact that the last time this shoe cam out was SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO. You know? No other Jordan took 17 years before seeing a second run at production.

Well, maybe grape Vs, but they were never a classic, because Jordan never wore them.

Military IVs took forever to retro, but like the grape Vs, these were never a classic shoe; the were simply an old shoe that people fell in love with again and wanted... and received.

Fire red IVs have retroed twice, once with lasering all over the shoe, and then the second time with a Mars Blackmon picture lasered on the back, but these were never as classic as the carmines, either. Why? I guess I should have mentioned this earlier, but...

... the VI is the first shoe Jordan won a championship in, and in the opinion of MANY, the carmine is the hottest colorway of the VI.

- classic shoe (like the white IIIs he won the dunk contest in, or the first Air Jordans)
- first time it's being retroed; not the second or the third or the 9th, but the first time we are getting this shoe offered to us since Jordan wore them 17 years ago

You make a compelling argument but the fire red 3's took 19 years to retro.

OMG this is COPPED x3! Those carmines are so fresh, i know people with the OG carmines are probably alil sick right now cause everyone and they moms gonna bewearing the exact replicas of kicks they may have paid a fortune for.

i really want this pack but i all ready have the black/metallic xvii so i might just get the carmines

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

crossshooter:
Like I said, it's not really about preference; it's about the fact that the last time this shoe cam out was SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO. You know? No other Jordan took 17 years before seeing a second run at production.

Military IVs took forever to retro, but like the grape Vs, these were never a classic shoe; the were simply an old shoe that people fell in love with again and wanted... and received.

Fire red IVs have retroed twice, once with lasering all over the shoe, and then the second time with a Mars Blackmon picture lasered on the back, but these were never as classic as the carmines, either. Why? I guess I should have mentioned this earlier, but...

- first time it's being retroed; not the second or the third or the 9th, but the first time we are getting this shoe offered to us since Jordan wore them 17 years ago
And even with the Jumpman that I hate they came out looking great, everybody better have bought 2 or 3 pair because they are going to be classics.

crossshooter:
me:

AirUpHere23:

Already covered that: "- it's the VI, the first shoe he won a championship in"

wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom