PIZZA FROM NY!!

Originally Posted by imaballerballer

i think crab cakes are a perfect example to the contrary. you have to have the blue crabs & they're better fresh. the crabs around the chesapeake are its own species. you can't get that just anywhere. also, you need the recipe. some people have not even heard of crab cakes

also, for some reason, take out chinese up north tastes completely different than down south. don't even think about mumbo sauce either
Good point.

Another example is barbecue. You dudes up North do it all wrong.

Originally Posted by imaballerballer

i think crab cakes are a perfect example to the contrary. you have to have the blue crabs & they're better fresh. the crabs around the chesapeake are its own species. you can't get that just anywhere. also, you need the recipe. some people have not even heard of crab cakes

also, for some reason, take out chinese up north tastes completely different than down south. don't even think about mumbo sauce either
Good point.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I think they only talk about what they know because that's all they know. Not much else. No traveling or trying new things.

i have to agree with double js and trelvis

op why you change the title...

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I think they only talk about what they know because that's all they know. Not much else. No traveling or trying new things.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Oh yea....DC area absolutely SUCKS for Mexican food.

man...Silver Spring is mad Hispanic..Peruvian chicken>>> (I know its not Mexican)

man...Silver Spring is mad Hispanic..Peruvian chicken>>> (I know its not Mexican)

I heard the reason NY pizza is so good is because of the dough is made using NY water that has some minerals in it that makes the dough taste better.

I heard the reason NY pizza is so good is because of the dough is made using NY water that has some minerals in it that makes the dough taste better.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I know Ninjahood will give us his insight now..lol

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I know Ninjahood will give us his insight now..lol

Originally Posted by AEA18

NY water? oh

Originally Posted by AEA18

NY water? oh

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

grin.gif
we got plenty of spots in minneapolis that are good.  and yes i've had bbq all over.  it's just not as readily available as texas or memphis.

i'm not talking famous daves either.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

grin.gif
we got plenty of spots in minneapolis that are good.  and yes i've had bbq all over.  it's just not as readily available as texas or memphis.

i'm not talking famous daves either.

I had to stop messing with chinese chicken...period.

I was eating some general tso's one day, and was extra disturbed by the way it looked.

I had to stop messing with chinese chicken...period.

I was eating some general tso's one day, and was extra disturbed by the way it looked.

Originally Posted by IamMD

Now, Peruvian chicken is another story....DMV got that on LOCK.  My boy is from LA and came out to visit.  He's a food snob.  Took him over to El Pollo Rico and he said that it was the best chicken he's ever had.  High compliment considering the source and from where he's from...
laugh.gif

Salvidorians in the DMV is the equivalent to Puerto Ricans/Dominicans in NYC. 

Back
Top Bottom