Planning a Trip to Seattle! SUGGESTIONS?!

^nah i gave up kicks 2 years ago. last pair were the space jams.

@!, its forecasted to rain on Saturday 5/19. My zoo trip shall be ruined!!!

Originally Posted by wcghost

^nah i gave up kicks 2 years ago. last pair were the space jams.

@&#!, its forecasted to rain on Saturday 5/19. My zoo trip shall be ruined!!!
I duno where you getting your weather info from but it is going to be NICE out

This Saturday and Sunday High temps are in the 70's!

according to weather.com,q13fox.com, my phone lol..

when you're at pike place you should go to this Italian deli called Michou (next to La Panier i think)- the sierra chicken sandwich 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Why are you on such tight constraints? It doesn't make it fun. I would suggest you to narrow down a few spots as a MUST GO, then relax and enjoy yourself. You can't necessarily or meaningfully enjoy something if you put an alarm on it.
Agreed. I switched some things around and bought myself some more time on Sunday by pushing my Return flight back to 7pm.

Here's my near-final agenda:

Day 1:
1) Pike Place
2) Argosy Cruise - Seattle Harbor Tour
3) Pioneer Square/Smith Tower Observation Deck
4) Dinner in Belltown

Day 2:
1) Seattle Center (Needle, EMP, Pacific Science Center)
2) Paseo
3) Woodland Park Zoo
4) Gas Works Park
5) U of W if there's time

Day 3:
1) Water taxi to Alki Beach
2) Salty's
3) Olympic Structure Park
4) Kerry Park

LOL. Sorry to jack thread.

But I've been to a couple of Malls in LA, and it's all the same stuff.  It was dead as heck too.  What do people do? LOLZ

Also, I seen choke people at home depot standing out there.  I think they were looking for work?

Im just looking for cool activites, chill stuff to do.  Will have a minor if that matters.  I kind of stopped drinking already.

Revised agenda... ditched the Aquarium & Smith Tower. definitely excited for the trip, there seems to be so many affordable things to do in Seattle to have a simple, great time! Tons of parks, attractions, waterfront views, restaurants, coffee shops and from what i'm hearing a lot of eccentric, liberal folks + hipsters. my sister suggested some speakeasy's & bar/lounges, but frankly i doubt we'll have the time or energy to go after each packed day's schedule.

Friday 5/18:

1) Pike Place (piroshky piroshky, la panier, starbucks, gum wall, fish market, Ivar's nearby)

2) Argosy Cruises

3) Columbia Center Observation Deck

4) Pioneer Square

5) Japonessa

6) Molly Moon's

7) Walk around Belltown
glasses.gif
Space Needle during nighttime

9) Check in at Hotel

10) ****'s Drive-In (across the street! woot)

Saturday:

1) Citizen Cafe

2) Kerry Park

3) Seattle Center (EMP, Space Needle, Pacific Science Museum)

4) Paseo

5) Woodland Zoo

6) Gas Works Park

7) The Fremont Troll
glasses.gif
Toulouse Petit

9) Kerry Park @ night

Sunday:

1) Salty's

2) Alki Beach

3) Olympic Sculpture Park

4) Walk around Capitol Hill area

5) Go home!

Luckily my woman enjoys walking (and needs it *cough*), so the trip should be fine. i've been lifting + running 6 miles a day to prepare for the upcoming gluttony. my body is ready
embarassed.gif

Hey, I'm going to Seattle in Sept. Did you ever do a recap post? I tried searching for it, but can't find it.

If you like Thai food then you gotta hit up Naam (1404 34th Ave). I go there every time I drive down to Seattle.

I'm in Seattle and looking for an exclusive shoe store worthy of Nike talk any suggestions? I've been to platinum in Tukwila that's it

I'll be headed to Seattle late March. This thread has been extremely helpful. My wife booked Hotel5 for us. Looks nice and she claims location is good. (Third night free is what sold me). Anyone have opinions on that location, 5th st?

Thanks to andy206 for pointing me here.

I'll be headed to Seattle late March. This thread has been extremely helpful. My wife booked Hotel5 for us. Looks nice and she claims location is good. (Third night free is what sold me). Anyone have opinions on that location, 5th st?

Thanks to andy206 for pointing me here.

That's Belltown (although not in the heart of it). It's a quick walk to 1st and 2nd Ave in Belltown, which is where all the bars and restaurants are. To Downtown, it's a little bit longer walk, but not bad. You'll walk underneath the monorail tracks, and those lead you right to Westlake/Nordstrom and the retail core.

That's Belltown (although not in the heart of it). It's a quick walk to 1st and 2nd Ave in Belltown, which is where all the bars and restaurants are. To Downtown, it's a little bit longer walk, but not bad. You'll walk underneath the monorail tracks, and those lead you right to Westlake/Nordstrom and the retail core.
Thanks. Sounds like its not too bad of a spot.

this is great! you guys all also helped me planned my trip. I will be there march 28-apr. 1 and 1 day in Vancouver BC. I have one question, what is the best place to take the girlfriend out for a birthday dinner?

Don't know if anyone has said this, but you could try to hit up downtown bellevue, it is the nicer part of washington. Has a lot of shops and restaurants and nightlife. Kind of expensive though...

this is great! you guys all also helped me planned my trip. I will be there march 28-apr. 1 and 1 day in Vancouver BC. I have one question, what is the best place to take the girlfriend out for a birthday dinner?
What's your price range like?

if you like sushi, check out Shiro's. The same sushi chef from the Netflix documentary "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" works there.

if you like sushi, check out Shiro's. The same sushi chef from the Netflix documentary "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" works there.

Shiro and the guy you speak of both were apprentices under Jiro. So it's really one of the best sushi restaurants in America.

Don't know if anyone has said this, but you could try to hit up downtown bellevue, it is the nicer part of washington. Has a lot of shops and restaurants and nightlife. Kind of expensive though...

Bellevue is weak brah. Especially after munchbar closed. Horrible traffic. Stuck up rich white people. Stay in the Seattle area. From Northgate to Alki your solid

Back
Top Bottom