Planning a Trip to Seattle! SUGGESTIONS?!

Also check out the Ballard area. The locks, golden gardens, greenlake. Underrated part of town

Bellevue is weak brah. Especially after munchbar closed. Horrible traffic. Stuck up rich white people. Stay in the Seattle area. From Northgate to Alki your solid

Yeah, there's no point in going to Bellevue. Munchbar closing was weak (even though they pretty much had to). Place was fun.

Other than that, Bellevue is just shopping malls and upscale chain restaurants.

Originally Posted by Murray497

****'s Drive in burgers are a must
RED MILL BURGERS. 
Best burgers on the North American Continent. 

Red Mill and Zippy's burgers
smokin.gif

If you got $$$ to spend Daniel's Broiler is a nice spot for dinner.

Don't know if anyone has said this, but you could try to hit up downtown bellevue, it is the nicer part of washington. Has a lot of shops and restaurants and nightlife. Kind of expensive though...

I live there. Don't go there. srs.

Seattle side is much more exciting.

Try a Tom Douglas restaurant since he's more or less the iconic local chef/restaurateur

whatever you do....DO NOT get bottle service in Seattle!

unless you dont mind having your bottle(s) locked up in a cage and not being able to pour your own drinks.

^ Wait, what?

When I went there last June, the club I was at locked our bottles up in some kind of cage and only the hostess can come around and unlock it and pour your drinks. She said it's the law and looked at us like we were crazy when we asked her for the key. Security came to our table and explained everything to us and thought that it was normal everywhere else in the country! :lol:

When I went there last June, the club I was at locked our bottles up in some kind of cage and only the hostess can come around and unlock it and pour your drinks. She said it's the law and looked at us like we were crazy when we asked her for the key. Security came to our table and explained everything to us and thought that it was normal everywhere else in the country!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Which spot was this?

When I went there last June, the club I was at locked our bottles up in some kind of cage and only the hostess can come around and unlock it and pour your drinks. She said it's the law and looked at us like we were crazy when we asked her for the key. Security came to our table and explained everything to us and thought that it was normal everywhere else in the country! :lol:

:lol:  :smh:

Which spot was this?

I forget man....it was some spot downtown with a roof top. It didnt stop us from having a great time though! It was just odd.

when will the state dispensaries open up? can tourists just come through and cop there w/o a state med. card yet?

Okay here's the restaurant rundown:

Burgers: Red Mill or Zippys. (D!cks is iconic but waaaaaaaay overrated).
Sandwiches: Salumi, Paseo, Grinders, Royal Grinders, Baguette Box (get the truffle fries).
Pizza: Veraci, Serious Pie, Flying Squirrel.
If you're from the east coast, get some teryaki!

Sit Down Spots: Dahlia Lounge, Poppy, Lola, BoKA, Sonrisa, Root Table, 5 Spot, Hi-Life.

If I could only eat one meal, it would be the porchetta sandwich from Salumi (owned by the Batali family, of Mario Batali fame). Paseo cuban sandwiches are a close second. The sit down spots listed range from $15-40 a plate depending on the spot. Poppy is one of my most-unique dining experiences. Great opportunity for a date.

Last edited:
what's so hot about visiting university of washington? and how is the campus if i go on a saturday?

Paseo sandwiches changed my life. Really. Ever since I tried it, I compare all sandwiches to theirs.

Which spot was this?

It's all nightclubs. The liquor board is a bunch of fun-hating old farts who make all sorts of dumb rules to maintain what little power thy have left in Washington. Hell, nightclubs aren't even allowed to legally call it "bottle service" because it's against the law (or probably just another dumb rule the liquor board made up) to advertise selling entire bottles of liquor. It's called "tableside service" instead. The fact you can even buy a bottle in a nightclub in Washington is a miracle, because if the liquor board had their way, they'd ban it entirely. They hate the fact that nightclubs do it, but as long as someone else is pouring the liquor, there's nothing they can do. Unfortunately, the only way to ensure that is to lock the bottle up.

The nightclubs hate it because while they get business out of the sales (and markup), they're missing out on so much more opportunity if customers were able to handle it themselves. I know people who live here who refuse to get bottle service because it's locked in that cage. I get it every once in awhile, but only if a friend of mine is the waitress, and she pours extra glasses of just vodka so we can make our own drinks. Technically, that's not illegal, because she actually poured it...even though it's no different than if I poured my own drink, because it's just straight alcohol.

Also, the liquor board has tried to implement rules that you can't sell a bottle for less than the equivalent of what it would cost if somebody bought that much alcohol at the bar (in other words, no bottle "deals" or "free" bottles). It's nearly impossible to enforce though.

Champagne is handled just like beer: you can pour your own, drink out of the bottle, whatever you want.

when will the state dispensaries open up? can tourists just come through and cop there w/o a state med. card yet?

Not really sure about opening dates. Early December, I believe. But I think that's just the deadline for the state to implement guidelines for the entire industry. I'm sure retail outlets will open around then though.

As for buying it, I can't imagine tourists won't be able to buy, but you gotta find somewhere to smoke it. Can't do it in public. also, the dispensaries are going to be in random, non-touristy places for awhile because of the strict zoning guidelines. It's not like you'll be able to walk into a shop in Downtown Seattle and buy some. That will hopefully change in the future.

what's so hot about visiting university of washington? and how is the campus if i go on a saturday?

Which spot was this?

I forget man....it was some spot downtown with a roof top. It didnt stop us from having a great time though! It was just odd.

Tia Lous it sounds like :lol:

Which spot was this?

Tia Lous it sounds like :lol:

That's what I was thinking. Place is kinda overrated anyways. All about last supper club. Joint has the Asians breakdancing downstairs.

Tia Lou's has always been grungy, although it is a bit better than it used to be. The deck is solid in summer though. Not a fan of the people who run it though.

Foundation is hands down the best club in Seattle right now, but it's exclusively EDM, so if you're not down with that, then no point going. Trinity is my old standby though. They've always been solid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom