Please Don't Call Me African-American....Im BLACK

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Are u a house Negro or a field Negro? Sounds like ur the house type.

The house>>>>>>working all day in the hot son all day for no paper. Yea I said it.

But if these were slave times my overgrown black *** would've been out in the sun with the real negros.
laugh.gif

you dont hear a Chinese person who's family came from Hong Kong call themselves "Hong Kong American" do you? naah.... didn't think so....

if a person moved from texas to germany, they wouldn't call themselves "texan american"... nah..... didn't think so...

Im not a color. you can't find me in a crayon box... Im African American... I'm not sure which part of Africa my ancestors came from, but even still in the end, thats where they came from.

If I knew, i'd be like Anton, and put "______ American" but, I don't so I go with the next best thing, which is African American...

you dont hear a Chinese person who's family came from Hong Kong call themselves "Hong Kong American" do you? naah.... didn't think so....

if a person moved from texas to germany, they wouldn't call themselves "texan american"... nah..... didn't think so...

Im not a color. you can't find me in a crayon box... Im African American... I'm not sure which part of Africa my ancestors came from, but even still in the end, thats where they came from.

If I knew, i'd be like Anton, and put "______ American" but, I don't so I go with the next best thing, which is African American...

A lot of us West Indians/people of West Indian descent don't like being called African American, mainly because they established and created their own culture in that region. That's what they are familiar with so that's what they wish to be recognized as, which is why most of them prefer to be referred to be called black. It could also be because of the "beef" between West Indians/Africans/Black Americans

A lot of us West Indians/people of West Indian descent don't like being called African American, mainly because they established and created their own culture in that region. That's what they are familiar with so that's what they wish to be recognized as, which is why most of them prefer to be referred to be called black. It could also be because of the "beef" between West Indians/Africans/Black Americans

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

You are of African decent and United States origin thus African-American.  Besides your skin color isn't actually "black"

? Isn't everyone an African American by that definition.

As far as skin color, black is far more than a skin color- I think you know that.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

You are of African decent and United States origin thus African-American.  Besides your skin color isn't actually "black"

? Isn't everyone an African American by that definition.

As far as skin color, black is far more than a skin color- I think you know that.

Originally Posted by lemurkicks23

You are indigenous, aboriginal, and pre-adomite. Black is a status code, not your identity to be presentable amongst the world family. Black = Dead
Find something better to represent yourself. Know thy self

Originally Posted by lemurkicks23

You are indigenous, aboriginal, and pre-adomite. Black is a status code, not your identity to be presentable amongst the world family. Black = Dead
Find something better to represent yourself. Know thy self

Calling all Black People African American = calling all Latino/Hispanic People Mexican = All AsianPeople Vietnamese = All White People Russian

Calling all Black People African American = calling all Latino/Hispanic People Mexican = All AsianPeople Vietnamese = All White People Russian

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Originally Posted by THE FAME

That's your reasoning?

James Brown?
laugh.gif

Alright fam.

Peace brother, hit me up when you come around.

no my reasoning is 50 years of Black people saying Black power and never saying "african-american" i've spent 13yrs in primary school with 99% black kids and 5years in College and have yet to hear of a Black person calling their selves "African-american"..

so please don't hit me up when you "come around" get out of here and get educated
laugh.gif
I tried to be respectful but you don't want to take that route I see.

First of all what college did you attend that you never heard anyone call themselves "African-American" ?

You are African son. Whether you been there or not. Its embedded in your genetics.

50 years? !#@%. You act that supposed to hold some type of weight.
As far as I'm concerned that still within the 400 year jurisdiction.

Black is what they called ignorant _ like you because that's all you were to them.
A damn color. It strips your of your culture,heritage, history, and sense of belonging upon this earth to just simply
describe you by your skin-tone.

Where you from? Who are your people? The Blacks?
laugh.gif
Where they come from?
laugh.gif

Exactly.

That's your reasoning?

James Brown?
laugh.gif

Alright fam.

Peace brother, hit me up when you come around.

no my reasoning is 50 years of Black people saying Black power and never saying "african-american" i've spent 13yrs in primary school with 99% black kids and 5years in College and have yet to hear of a Black person calling their selves "African-american"..

so please don't hit me up when you "come around" get out of here and get educated
laugh.gif
I tried to be respectful but you don't want to take that route I see.

First of all what college did you attend that you never heard anyone call themselves "African-American" ?

You are African son. Whether you been there or not. Its embedded in your genetics.

50 years? !#@%. You act that supposed to hold some type of weight.
As far as I'm concerned that still within the 400 year jurisdiction.

Black is what they called ignorant _ like you because that's all you were to them.
A damn color. It strips your of your culture,heritage, history, and sense of belonging upon this earth to just simply

Where you from? Who are your people? The Blacks?
laugh.gif
Where they come from?
laugh.gif

Exactly.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Are Whites called European-American? No they are not ... they're called AMERICAN. That's it.

That's the problem I have with it.

exactly we don't call em PINK.
idiots who say they are offended by "black" cause they aren't the crayola color. how many "white" people u know who aren't Albino?

caucasian

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Are Whites called European-American? No they are not ... they're called AMERICAN. That's it.

That's the problem I have with it.

exactly we don't call em PINK.
idiots who say they are offended by "black" cause they aren't the crayola color. how many "white" people u know who aren't Albino?

caucasian

Bingo.

Yet, Afro-American NTers want to be called "black" which is so backwards.
laugh.gif

It's funny because most of you don't want to be considered African-Americans yet you can't even tell us what you really are.

Bingo.

Yet, Afro-American NTers want to be called "black" which is so backwards.
laugh.gif

It's funny because most of you don't want to be considered African-Americans yet you can't even tell us what you really are.

BLACK does is not a symbol for death/emptiness/void in every culture.

Stop passing your own interpretations of color symbolism as fact people. Doing it again.
smh.gif

The medieval Christian sect known as the Cathars viewed black as a color of perfection.

Native Americans associated black with the life-giving soil.

In the Maasai tribes of Kenya and Tanzania, the color black is associated with rain clouds, a symbol of life and prosperity.

In contrast to European culture, across much of Africa and parts of Asia, white is a color of mourning and is worn during funerals.

I would expect you quick to dismiss all European constructed realities types to acknowledge this.
laugh.gif

The color "black" is also a mixture of all colors, so technically white is the color of emptiness or void. Symbolism can be powerful, but should be taken with a grain of salt.

BLACK does is not a symbol for death/emptiness/void in every culture.

Stop passing your own interpretations of color symbolism as fact people. Doing it again.
smh.gif

The medieval Christian sect known as the Cathars viewed black as a color of perfection.

Native Americans associated black with the life-giving soil.

In the Maasai tribes of Kenya and Tanzania, the color black is associated with rain clouds, a symbol of life and prosperity.

In contrast to European culture, across much of Africa and parts of Asia, white is a color of mourning and is worn during funerals.

I would expect you quick to dismiss all European constructed realities types to acknowledge this.
laugh.gif

The color "black" is also a mixture of all colors, so technically white is the color of emptiness or void. Symbolism can be powerful, but should be taken with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom