Please Don't Call Me African-American....Im BLACK

No Anton, you stop.

You always starting BS confusion by jumping the gun.
smh.gif

Obviously dudes issue is concerning with the demographics of race entitlement within the 16th centuries and on up in the Americas.

Nobody is knocking your precious ancient caucus ideologies. Take em back to Wikipedia for now, its out the time frame.

No Anton, you stop.

You always starting BS confusion by jumping the gun.
smh.gif

Obviously dudes issue is concerning with the demographics of race entitlement within the 16th centuries and on up in the Americas.

Nobody is knocking your precious ancient caucus ideologies. Take em back to Wikipedia for now, its out the time frame.

Quit this quarrel on African-Americans being "black". We obviously don't have black skin. "Black" is only a term to define descendants from Africa.

Stop taking the term literal. White people are not actually white, but white is a term to define descendants from Europe.

Stop being ignorant and open your eyes. We are African-Americans because we came from Africa. It doesn't matter if you've "been there" or not, that has to be one of the most ignorant things I've read in my entire life.

- Safari​

Quit this quarrel on African-Americans being "black". We obviously don't have black skin. "Black" is only a term to define descendants from Africa.

Stop taking the term literal. White people are not actually white, but white is a term to define descendants from Europe.

Stop being ignorant and open your eyes. We are African-Americans because we came from Africa. It doesn't matter if you've "been there" or not, that has to be one of the most ignorant things I've read in my entire life.

- Safari​

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Ironic, how African Americans complain about their culture and roots being stripped from them....yet insist on taking measures like this to erase all traces of their origins.

hit the nail on the !++%%%% head
Preach.

anton you're African right ? if so shut up, why wouldn't you accept the "African American" title it fits you.......my orgin is montgomery, alabama....my moms orgin is montgomery alabama...my dad orgin is nyc..his mom orgin is montgomery alabama...his dad orgin is nyc...get my drift

let's not get on the Africans that migrate here, most of them don't even consider us equal to them..kill all that 'Black folks disowning their orgin" my orgin is America just like my parents and grand parents and great grand parents

Ironic, how African Americans complain about their culture and roots being stripped from them....yet insist on taking measures like this to erase all traces of their origins.

Preach.

anton you're African right ? if so shut up, why wouldn't you accept the "African American" title it fits you.......my orgin is montgomery, alabama....my moms orgin is montgomery alabama...my dad orgin is nyc..his mom orgin is montgomery alabama...his dad orgin is nyc...get my drift

let's not get on the Africans that migrate here, most of them don't even consider us equal to them..kill all that 'Black folks disowning their orgin" my orgin is America just like my parents and grand parents and great grand parents

BLACK does is not a symbol for death/emptiness/void in every culture.

Stop passing your own interpretations of color symbolism as fact people. Doing it again.
smh.gif

The medieval Christian sect known as the Cathars viewed black as a color of perfection.

Native Americans associated black with the life-giving soil.

In the Maasai tribes of Kenya and Tanzania, the color black is associated with rain clouds, a symbol of life and prosperity.

In contrast to European culture, across much of Africa and parts of Asia, white is a color of mourning and is worn during funerals.

I would think you quick to dismiss all European constructed realities types to acknowledge this.
laugh.gif

You don't even begin to understand that quote...but you want to argue.

Go head man.

BLACK does is not a symbol for death/emptiness/void in every culture.

Stop passing your own interpretations of color symbolism as fact people. Doing it again.
smh.gif

The medieval Christian sect known as the Cathars viewed black as a color of perfection.

Native Americans associated black with the life-giving soil.

In the Maasai tribes of Kenya and Tanzania, the color black is associated with rain clouds, a symbol of life and prosperity.

In contrast to European culture, across much of Africa and parts of Asia, white is a color of mourning and is worn during funerals.

I would think you quick to dismiss all European constructed realities types to acknowledge this.
laugh.gif

You don't even begin to understand that quote...but you want to argue.

Go head man.

White Americans say they are of "German, French etc.." descent because they know what specific country their ancestors came from. Most "blacks" in the United States, Caribbean, Brazil and other places in the Americas do not know which specific country their ancestors came from. If they did they would say _______ American. Since they don't the terms Afro-Caribbean, African American, Afro-Brazilians etc.. are used in place of the specific land. That is much better than a color in my opinion. It is a term that says you are an American with African roots. Like for me Sudanese American says I have Sudanese roots but am an American. So technically I am an African American too
pimp.gif

White Americans say they are of "German, French etc.." descent because they know what specific country their ancestors came from. Most "blacks" in the United States, Caribbean, Brazil and other places in the Americas do not know which specific country their ancestors came from. If they did they would say _______ American. Since they don't the terms Afro-Caribbean, African American, Afro-Brazilians etc.. are used in place of the specific land. That is much better than a color in my opinion. It is a term that says you are an American with African roots. Like for me Sudanese American says I have Sudanese roots but am an American. So technically I am an African American too
pimp.gif

If you were born in the United States, then you're American, plain and simple.

Born in Africa but now a US citizen? African-American.

Born in Asia but now a US citizen? Asian-American.

Born in Europe but now a US citizen? European-American.

If you were born in the United States, then you're American, plain and simple.

Born in Africa but now a US citizen? African-American.

Born in Asia but now a US citizen? Asian-American.

Born in Europe but now a US citizen? European-American.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Preach.

[UNCLE RUCKUS]Read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![UNCLE RUCKUS]

I said earlier in this thread, any of those terms African American, Nigerian American, Nigerian, Black, Ibo, Ibo American, Martian, Human, etc is fine with me. These definitions do not make me who I am, people can call me whatever the hell they want.

As a man with very existential nihilist sensibilities, you can begin your origin wherever you damn well please. It's your life and your reality. I just don't wanna hear any of you fools talk about the white man stole my heritage.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

My concern is someone felt the need to make this thread with the sole purpose of taking the African out of their "label". A label he has every right not to want to accept. Just found it interesting that he felt the need to express it.

SO NO, YOUUUU SHUT UP.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Preach.

[UNCLE RUCKUS]Read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![UNCLE RUCKUS]

I said earlier in this thread, any of those terms African American, Nigerian American, Nigerian, Black, Ibo, Ibo American, Martian, Human, etc is fine with me. These definitions do not make me who I am, people can call me whatever the hell they want.

As a man with very existential nihilist sensibilities, you can begin your origin wherever you damn well please. It's your life and your reality. I just don't wanna hear any of you fools talk about the white man stole my heritage.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

My concern is someone felt the need to make this thread with the sole purpose of taking the African out of their "label". A label he has every right not to want to accept. Just found it interesting that he felt the need to express it.

SO NO, YOUUUU SHUT UP.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

AntonLavey is NT's Uncle Ruckus.

Anton: Blackness is a symbol for perfection, fertility and life
NTer: Uncle Tom, smh.
smh.gif

I'm not going to agree with every single "black" person on this planet. "Black" people don't even agree with one another as evidenced by this thread and many threads on NT. Get out of here with all that B.S.

Anton makes thread about how I'm depressed that there was an attack by Islamic extremists that killed Ugangans ("black" people) watching the world cup.

Illionaire: Uncle Tom, smh. This dude stay making threads about how black people have the mental capabilities of apes. Smh.

Anton tells you that he's worked in a community for economically disadvantaged minority preschools as a teacher.
Illionaire: Uncle Ruckus *** negro. Self-hating negro. He probably wanted to bring that white devil's knowledge to the kids.

Anton: A lot of my fav musicians are black/ African. The fact that I also listen to stereotypically white genres of music doesn't change anything I just like music.
Illionaire: You a uncle Tom son. All your tastes are.

Back
Top Bottom