Please lock.

May isn't a dirty fighter??
He doesn't throw elbows and forearms???
The difference between maidanas dirty tactics is that they're blatant compared to may's.
I'm by no means a ( predictable cop out response) "hater"

Money won the fight, but lets call a spade a spade. He is by no means a clean fighter.
Y'all see how khan was penalized for excessive clinching?
Y'all see how broner is pretty blatant with his mayweather-esque elbows and rubbing his forearm across dudes face??

End of the day, May can call himself what he wants and fight who he wants. I have no control over that, I only control the fact that May hasn't gotten a sngle dime from me

Edit: horrible officiating, and Floyd didn't appear hurt during the fight. Props to maidana for not showing any respect and stooping to Floyd's level.
And the bias in here towards Floyd goes both ways. Lot of "haters" (sigh) and blind flomos
Floyd does use his forearms and elbows in fights. I never stated that he didn't. He usually uses it to create space against fighters who are only trying to maul and wrestle with him ala Hatton and Maidana. He didn't use those tactics against Canelo or Cotto for example. I have never seen Floyd stoop so low as to blatantly head butt or purposely punch another fighter in the nuts. Maidana started the dirty boxing. Floyd even complained to the ref about it but he did nothing so Floyd told the ref to let him work also. If I'm Floyd I would have done much worse than line his face up with my elbows and forearms.

Oh I think he wants to do more than just create space. He uses his elbow and forearm across the chest and face, why doesn't he use the gloves to push off?

Maidana is far from a dirty fighter, he didn't need any of that to win his last few fights via KO.

I don't get how some dudes in here are making excuses for money. I hope y'all are tmt members typing that crap on an ipad encrusted in vvs diamonds and iced out rollies

Oh I think he wants to do more than just create space. He uses his elbow and forearm across the chest and face, why doesn't he use the gloves to push off?

Maidana is far from a dirty fighter, he didn't need any of that to win his last few fights via KO.

I don't get how some dudes in here are making excuses for money. I hope y'all are tmt members typing that crap on an ipad encrusted in vvs diamonds and iced out rollies
He absolutely does use his gloves to push off. Do you actually watch him fight? Anytime Floyd throws the lead right hand he puts his gloves up to line the other fighter up for a left hook. Maidana doesn't have the reputation as a dirty fighter for no reason.

Yall have no clue what you're talking about. Maidana is dirty, and he don't hide it. And Floyd doesn't throw elbows. The elbow and forearm sticking out is for defense, to block and create space, and be able to counter as well as keeping his opponent off balance to take steam off the punches. He does use the gloves to push off as well, but rarely, and as a last resort when he's in danger and can't counter, which actually is illegal in boxing. The other two tactics you're calling him dirty for aren't.

FMJ saying he gets to pick his opponents gloves because he's the A-side and that he was in the same situation when he fought De La Hoya. If I'm not mistaken, De La Hoya negotiated that way before the eve of their fight. :rolleyes

Yall have no clue what you're talking about. Maidana is dirty, and he don't hide it. And Floyd doesn't throw elbows. The elbow and forearm sticking out is for defense, to block and create space, and be able to counter as well as keeping his opponent off balance to take steam off the punches. He does use the gloves to push off as well, but rarely, and as a last resort when he's in danger and can't counter, which actually is illegal in boxing. The other two tactics you're calling him dirty for aren't.
Exactly...............

Everybody was pretty dirty last night, only difference being some of the fights had a competent ref.

Some Latinos will say anything to discredit Floyd lol
Aren't you that dude always complaining about racism? lol balotelli is next to get that banana treatment watch

Y'all just don't want to admit to it. I said he rubs his forearm/'bow across dudes face. When blocking he sticks out the elbow and pokes with it. It's tiny but noticable. Off the top of my head I remember naseem (sp?) telling the ref during the mosley fight to watch May's constant elbows. That's not the same thing as pushing off using the forearm.
No one is trying to discredit him. He won last night. He won the fights before that. He'll choose his next guy and beat him too. He's tbe. He's tmt, abc, lmnop whatever name and acronym he wants to give himself.

Yea yea I'm a hater and trying to discredit him.

Last edited:
Some Latinos will say anything to discredit Floyd lol
Aren't you that dude always complaining about racism? lol balotelli is next to get that banana treatment watch

Y'all just don't want to admit to it. I said he rubs his forearm/'bow across dudes face. When blocking he sticks out the elbow and pokes with it. It's tiny but noticable. Off the top of my head I remember naseem (sp?) telling the ref during the mosley fight to watch May's constant elbows. That's not the same thing as pushing off using the forearm.
No one is trying to discredit him. He won last night. He won the fights before that. He'll choose his next guy and beat him too. He's tbe. He's tmt, abc, lmnop whatever name and acronym he wants to give himself.

Yea yea I'm a hater and trying to discredit him.

So you want balotelli to get the banana thrown at him too? Stay classy and as they say ...a hit dog hollers

Rewatched the fight, thought it was closer last night, MAY CLEARLY WON 8-4 maybe 9-3 after re watching it. Crazy how many CLEAN shots he was catching Madiana with in the second half of the fight. Madiana missed so many of those wild shots early on.

Last edited:
Just watched the fight no sound. Had it 7-5 mayweather. Def not worthy of a rematch... floyds counter game was not really floyd like and he did seem a step slow. Wondering if this man is actually starting to age a bit

Maidana won 4 in my book, but even those rounds were close. Maidana was just busier and Floyd's offense wasn't as potent.

I just noticed broner calling out pacquiao. I don't think broner can handle that.

Last edited:
I just noticed broner calling out pacquiao. I don't think broner can handle that.

Pacquaio/Maidana
Pacquaio/Broner
Pacquaio/Canelo

I would like to see any of these. Probably won't happen though, were gonna get another lame Marquez fight if anything.

Edit - even Pac/Provodnikov would be better. I just read Roach saying that they're gonna fight the winner of Alvarado/Marquez. And Floyd is the one ducking? Seems like Arum and Roach want to protect their gravy train by feeding him average and past their prime fighters.

Last edited:
I was disappointed in Floyd for not putting on a boxing clinic. He didn't turn maidana, he didn't give angles.

And please please would Floyd ever throw combinations. When he flurries for 3-4 punches he is a beast. But he is too quick to pull back into his shell.

He almost made maidana **** himself with a right hook to the body.
Big Floyd kept asking for him to dig to the body but Floyd didn't do it enough in my opinion.

Floyd's uppercut is so underrated and under utilized.

Luis collazo had zero gameplan. Did he have a cornerman? Did he not see how Peterson killed khan to the body, sometimes I wonder how do professional fighters end up looking so lost

Just watched the fight no sound. Had it 7-5 mayweather. Def not worthy of a rematch... floyds counter game was not really floyd like and he did seem a step slow. Wondering if this man is actually starting to age a bit

If you had scored 1 more round for Maidana it's a 6-6 draw, so how is 7-5 not worth of a rematch? Nobody has been even that close in years.

I was disappointed in Floyd for not putting on a boxing clinic. He didn't turn maidana, he didn't give angles.

And please please would Floyd ever throw combinations. When he flurries for 3-4 punches he is a beast. But he is too quick to pull back into his shell.

He almost made maidana **** himself with a right hook to the body.
Big Floyd kept asking for him to dig to the body but Floyd didn't do it enough in my opinion.

Floyd's uppercut is so underrated and under utilized.

Luis collazo had zero gameplan. Did he have a cornerman? Did he not see how Peterson killed khan to the body, sometimes I wonder how do professional fighters end up looking so lost

Floyd simply isnt a combination puncher. He relies on his counters and defensive skills to win the fight.

oscar dela throwing shots at floyd on twitter

dude is bitter for NO reason, like you rich and accomplished a lot in the sport, chill out

And the judge who scored 117-111 is the same judge that scored 116-112 for Figueroa a week ago, just saying. I was too caught up in the moment of the fight to score rounds at home, maybe I'll do it when they reair. Chino is one of my favorite fighters but I wouldnt say he won the match, I was expecting a split decision for Floyd or a Draw.

oscar dela throwing shots at floyd on twitter

dude is bitter for NO reason, like you rich and accomplished a lot in the sport, chill out

“I watched several fights again and Floyd should be 43-3 have a great Sunday. You never ever here Julio Cesar Chavez saying he’s the best ever, and he was 87-0 before he lost. You have to realize that records don’t mean anything in today’s world. Don’t forget Julio Cesar Chavez was 87-0 before he lost his first.”

:smokin

DLH speaking truth about Chavez.

Back
Top Bottom