Please lock.

I don't think Pacquiao deserved 50-50 but whatever Floyd Mayweather offered him wasn't fair either. Floyd by himself isn't as big of a draw as he makes himself out to be, his best selling fights were DLH, Cotto, and Alvarez all who brought a big fan base of their own.

For a man who claims he will fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. For FREE 40 million doesn't seem to bad. Especially considering he never broke 20 on his biggest purse.

Last edited:
again how do you turn down more than you ever made in a fight and go back to fighting for less than half that

I think arum realized floyd would ruin his cash cow and instead he ****** around and marquez made sure it'll never happen anyway

Care to elaborate to support your statement or u just gonna leave an emoticon? Oh yeah this is nt so no surprise
After the whole glove thing over the weekend are you really gonna sit there and say Floyd is a fair negotiator? That he makes reasonable stipulations? You're right. This is all Pac's fault. Floyd is a fair man!

OK bruh...
eyes.gif

Last edited:
After the whole glove thing over the weekend are you really gonna sit there and say Floyd is a fair negotiator? That he makes reasonable stipulations? You're right. This is all Pac's fault. Floyd is a fair man!

OK bruh...:rolleyes  

what does any of what you just typed have to do with you dismissing his analogy?

he never once mentioned floyd being a fair negotiator (whatever that is)

I chuckled during the post fight conference when FMJ took a good 40 seconds to think and respond saying Oscar picked the gloves when they fought. Difference is it was in the contract.

OK bruh...:rolleyes  

Floyd has always advocated keeping the sport of boxing clean and fair so peace out with that glove nonsense. Cats are literally resorting to cheating fighting dirty etc to beat this guy :lol: Im just saying 40 million wasn't good enough for him why? This is a guy who is supposed to be all about the fight right? I thought Floyd was the money man? He let arum **** him over then and he's a dumb *** if he doesn't get out in 2015. He wants to be bob arums son more than he wants to fight Floyd. Thinking he's being loyal to those around him when he just being leeched

Last edited:
Floyd has always advocated keeping the sport of boxing clean and fair so peace out with that glove nonsense. Im just saying 40 million wasn't good enough for him why? This is a guy who is supposed to be all about the fight right? I thought Floyd was the money man? He let arum **** him over then and he's a dumb *** if he doesn't get out in 2015
I dont want to get in the same recycled debate. You're right. Floyd can do no wrong. All his negotiations are reasonable. Hail PBF!!! 

BTW: Your glove reasoning sounds like you're just a Floyd fanboy. So what's the point? You wont change your mind about him. He can do no wrong. Carry on...
tired.gif

Id like to see Manny leave Bob and go to GBP. I wanna see Manny go toe to toe with Canelo Alvarez. Broner would be someone to (only to see Manny drop Broner) think that build up would be hilarious.

Manny needs to leave TR, and maybe bring Arum on as an Advisor in the same way Haymon works.

Not sure if this is even possible but just throwing ideas out there.

The TR stable is hurting for welterweights, while GBP is stacking chips and bringing more and more new talent. Ive been saying I want to see one-time Thurman fight a real fighter. Wonder if Floyd would give him a shot.

Still dont want to see him fight Khan, Im just not a fan of Khan and what he brings to the table inside and outside of the ring.

I enjoyed his fight the least of all fights that went down Saturday

I chuckled during the post fight conference when FMJ took a good 40 seconds to think and respond saying Oscar picked the gloves when they fought. Difference is it was in the contract.
Bingo!

Also, if there's any fight that Floyd clearly should've "lost" it was his bout against Zab. He should've been disqualified when Roger stormed the ring with time left in the 10th after the low blow. That scene was similar to Tyson/Holyfield and Bowe/Golota.

Never did I say he can do no wrong. I'm saying in THIS particular situation pacquiao ****** up IMO. Not saying he's 100% to blame either.

Floyd has always advocated keeping the sport of boxing clean and fair so peace out with that glove nonsense. Cats are literally resorting to cheating fighting dirty etc to beat this guy :lol: Im just saying 40 million wasn't good enough for him why? This is a guy who is supposed to be all about the fight right? I thought Floyd was the money man? He let arum **** him over then and he's a dumb *** if he doesn't get out in 2015. He wants to be bob arums son more than he wants to fight Floyd. Thinking he's being loyal to those around him when he just being leeched
The gloves Maidana wanted to use were the exact same gloves Floyd allowed Cotto to use in their 2012 fight so this "keeping boxing clean" nonsensical argument goes out the window.

Last edited:
Pulling for Bud to give Gamboa that work. I'd be happy with a 116-112 UD in Omaha. I've long thought Yuriorkis was overrated.

What a gawd awful analogy. It's NT, so no surprise. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
analogy seemed pretty spot on to me
Um maybe Because dude was comparing hourly wages to make ends meat to guys making millions of dollars. 

But if you want to do awful analogies: Let's start a business together. I'll give you a flat rate of $400k. I'll keep the rest. We'll probably make a lot of money. I'll probably pull in at least $2 millon maybe even 3million to your 400k though. We cool? Still want to start that company together?
smokin.gif

Or would you say "F U", I'll start my own business and get my 250k myself?

BTW: I think Arum is a scumbag and Floyd's history with him is the main reason he offered Pac such a slap in the face offer. I hope Pac goes to GB so they can come up with a more reasonable offer.

Last edited:
You're looking at the analogy completely wrong. I could've used apples and oranges instead of money. And funny how u would say that offer was a slap in the face when he hasn't made as much in nealy 3 fights combined since nor will he make anything close. At the end of the day somebody's offering u the highest you've ever seen. By far. Do you generate enough revenue for the event to deserve more? Probably yes. But look now you'll never see anything close to 40 mil for a single fight and probably don't have that in your bank acct right now

Last edited:
Moral of the story is Manny missed his chance at cashing in point blank and he's a dummy for still doing business with Arum

How did he deserve more when he's never even came close to that number? I see it like this, you've been working a job for years killing it at $20 per hour. You're killing it so much that everybody thinks you deserve $50 per hour. You get a job offer for $40 per hour and turn it down. And now you're back to making $20 per hour. I love manny pacquiao but he's an idiot business wise letting arum dictate everything
again how do you turn down more than you ever made in a fight and go back to fighting for less than half that

I think arum realized floyd would ruin his cash cow and instead he ****** around and marquez made sure it'll never happen anyway
You guys really can't be this dense? Manny is the second biggest draw in the sport. He just made 20 mil guaranteed to fight Timothy Bradley. His highest payday was 35 mil so why in the **** would he take 40 mil flat for a fight that's going to generate 200+ million? I mean no money off the pay per view nada just 40 mil flat. You're telling me that if you were Manny you'd take that just because you never made 40 mil before? If you would you're an idiot period. With all that said, Manny doesn't deserve a 50-50 split with Floyd Mayweather either.

How did he deserve more when he's never even came close to that number? I see it like this, you've been working a job for years killing it at $20 per hour. You're killing it so much that everybody thinks you deserve $50 per hour. You get a job offer for $40 per hour and turn it down. And now you're back to making $20 per hour. I love manny pacquiao but he's an idiot business wise letting arum dictate everything

You guys really can't be this dense? Manny is the second biggest draw in the sport. He just made 20 mil guaranteed to fight Timothy Bradley. His highest payday was 35 mil so why in the **** would he take 40 mil flat for a fight that's going to generate 200+ million? I mean no money off the pay per view nada just 40 mil flat. You're telling me that if you were Manny you'd take that just because you never made 40 mil before? If you would you're an idiot period. With all that said, Manny doesn't deserve a 50-50 split with Floyd Mayweather either.

Pac second biggest draw in the sport? He couldn't even sell out this last fight :smh:

May's worst was 875k against Guerrero. Pac did 475k against Rios :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom