Please lock.

:lol: this debate will never end.

:smh:

You guys think Porter has the best shot at beating Mayweather given what we just saw?

Last edited:
:lol: this debate will never end.

:smh:

You guys think Porter has the best shot at beating Mayweather given what we just saw?

I still think Lara has the best chance if we include 154. Too bad neither will get a crack at Floyd unless he magically becomes broke in a few years.

Only dude i think floyd avoids in the next few years is thurman.

So many good fights this summer. I def want to see how Golokovin does against JCCjr.

Last edited:
He doesn't need to avoid Thurman.

Unless he moves up to 155 for a MW belt, I can't think of anyone who would give him trouble for more than a few rounds.

I actually think Thurman, Porter, Lara and Bradley would give Floyd real trouble. None of these guys are slow or predictable. Floyd would be smart to avoid these guys at all costs. 

I actually think Thurman, Porter, Lara and Bradley would give Floyd real trouble. None of these guys are slow or predictable. Floyd would be smart to avoid these guys at all costs. 

Exactly. Specially thurman. I dont blame floyd if he did..he'll be 38/39 by the time he would give those guys chance. No way you risk it...except bradley because i still think hes meh

Last edited:
I actually think Thurman, Porter, Lara and 
Exactly. Specially thurman. I dont blame floyd if he did..he'll be 38/39 by the time he would give those guys chance. No way you risk it...except bradley because i still think hes meh
Out of the four I think Lara and Thurman are the biggest threats. Thurman is improving with every fight. Even though he gets sloppy at times he can box or brawl. He also has mobile power. He doesn't need to stand flat footed to generate power. Lara is the is a lefty that's mobile and crafty. He like Floyd has a tough time with dudes who apply intense pressure. He's masterful against other boxers though. These two guys will provide the toughest challenge IMO.

I doubt lara gets through all twelve rounds with canelo, his fight against trout was nothing special imo
And Canelo's was? FOH 
laugh.gif
........ Styles make fights.

I doubt lara gets through all twelve rounds with canelo, his fight against trout was nothing special imo

I'm afraid Lara will lose to Canelo, fair and square. However I am positive that Lara will be more competitive fighting Mayweather than Canelo, maybe even do better than Maidana.

I think Lara would be competitive against Floyd.  He's the bigger fighter with decent punching power, solid boxing skills and he's a southpaw.

I think Lara would be competitive against Floyd.  He's the bigger fighter with decent punching power, solid boxing skills and he's a southpaw.

This. Also has good speed, and fights well in the middle of the ring. He does well against boxers. His weakness seems to be opponents that throw hard shots and mug him.

Edit: Well it was the FAST Southpaws that gave Floyd trouble. Not god damn Victor Ortiz. So Zab Judah, Sharmba Mitchell, Demarcus Corley, any others?

Last edited:
None at an elite level, but I never said he did.  I'm just saying he has more than a puncher's chance.  I would still pick Floyd to beat him, due to his superior ring generalship, footwork and accuracy during close quarters with the check hook.

Last edited:
Austin Trout Ronald Hearns. Paul Williams is probably considered more of a puncher, but that was still a good display. Lara doesn't get intimidated unless you have the power and can rough him up. It would be nice to see FMJ face someone with good overall skills and speed.

Last edited:
I agree but I disagree with the statement that he was not all there. He said it himself he wanted to please the fans so he stood right in front of chino and took everything he had. I do not want to see this rematch because it will just be a blow out if Floyd decides to box and not just stand and exchange because ppl wanna see action

I can see that he wanted to please the fans but the reason I say this (and I am sorry to reply to an old response on the thread) is that in his last 6-7 fights I have never seen Floyd not be so precise in the ring in the middle of the ring. There would be times where he would throw a jab or a right cross only to find nothing but air. He appeared great in counter punching but when leading with his jab there were times where he appeared either hesitant or a step slower then I am used to seeing.

Floyd is the fighter where if you blink you may have missed one of his connects, and the only trails left of a hit is his opponents face.

This did not happen so much this fight.

Back
Top Bottom