Please lock.

Broner has said that same can man comment before on several occasions.

If Manny Pacquiao had agreed to the 40 million flat rate would that all have gone to him or would he have given Arum his cut of the money. I don't get why Manny still needs a promoter bc Arum is robbing him blind.

He would've gotten all $40 mill. Bob Arum would've gotten his money from PPV and gate.

I don't think people were offened by Broner's comment, it was more so the timing of it. The racial combat crusaders are on high alert after the Clippers situation. Referencing anything that might be considered "racist" in a corny joke is definitely going to ruffle some feathers (especially in sports) right now.

Nobody here thinks Pacquiao should get half. Most think 40 mill flat and no gate or PPV is preposterous.

But, if I'm not mistaken... Floyd (the boxer) doesn't even get PPV or gate. Mayweather productions get PPV and gate. So, Floyd pays himself a purse, plus because he obviously owns Mayweather productions, he gets that money as well.

I believe that's how it works. That's probably why Pacquiao wanted to at least secure more of the purse than just 40 mill. The promotion would be complicated like the Tyson vs Lewis. With the HBO and Showtime announcer calling out each of their respective fighter :lol:

Last edited:
I have not once in all of Mannys interviews seen anybody ask him about mayweather never doing business with arum period and Mannys loyalty to arum.

I think you guys said the same thing about Mr. Bambi legs trout outboxing canelo. El perro was mopping the floor with ol boy till that one punch landed.
What 
laugh.gif
? Dude won 2 rounds the entire fight. Lara beat on him just like Canelo although Canelo was more impressive. Lara beat the snot out of Trout while Canelo a lot of people believe Trout won that fight.
I want Lara to win as well but I already know how this is going to turn out
mean.gif
.. With that being said, I'm down to take some of your money my brutha
laugh.gif
Bruh I don't want to fleece you
laugh.gif
 but if you insist.................

That was a more than fair offer because Manny assumes ZERO financial risk. Promoting a fight takes money, and unless Manny was willing to contribute to the upfront cost he is only entitled to a purse, not a percentage of the proceeds.

If they sign contracts to fight and one of them gets hurt 3 weeks into camp causing the fight to be cancelled, Manny hasn't lost any $$$, Floyd has.

Even talks of 50/50, 60/40 etc. would mean Mayweather Promotions/Top Rank, not Floyd/Manny. So even if they would've agreed to a 50/50 split, that money goes to Top Rank then Arum and Manny would've had to negotiate a purse. And guess what, Arum wouldn't have given him much more than 40 mil, if even that much.

exactly... dudes in herejust want to believe what they want. Why inthe hell will floyd offer 50 % of the profit to manny? Floyd is a promoter, Manny isn't. So if they split 50/50 who pays Bob Arum his percentage? Promoters pay the boxer not the other way around. Unless Manny was going to put up 50% of the upfront money, 40 million guaranteed was a great offer. Hell, I can guarantee that Bob arum ain't paying Manny close to 50 percent of profits now.

Mayweather Promotions doesn't have a promoters license in Nevada so he legally can't put up any money.

So it would be Golden Boy/Top Rank

Nobody here thinks Pacquiao should get half. Most think 40 mill flat and no gate or PPV is preposterous.

But, if I'm not mistaken... Floyd (the boxer) doesn't even get PPV or gate. Mayweather productions get PPV and gate. So, Floyd pays himself a purse, plus because he obviously owns Mayweather productions, he gets that money as well.

He makes money off of PPV buys.

He makes money off of PPV buys.

I think he meant as in how the money is disbursed. We all know Mayweather's Promotions is a front, but it gets checks and he has employees running it.

Still don't understand why Floyd or Ellerbe won't just get a promoter's license...

That roster isn't as bad as it was in 07 (Cornelius Locke, Edner Cherry :x) but if J'Leon Love is the BEST hope, that doesn't sound promising.

I actually think Badou Jack is a good talent, he just got caught with a good shot last time out.

I don't think people were offened by Broner's comment, it was more so the timing of it. The racial combat crusaders are on high alert after the Clippers situation. Referencing anything that might be considered "racist" in a corny joke is definitely going to ruffle some feathers (especially in sports) right now.

So, will JCC Jr. hold out and not fight anymore under his current contract?

I mean, I kind of get where Arum is coming from. Of course, we don't know how much he lowballed JCC Jr., but it's a lot more than anything he'd make fighting anyone else, that's for damn sure.

Who does either guy fight? They're absolutely not fighting Ward. The Cotto/Sergio fight isn't until June, and each guys wants to fight in the Summer sometime.

I think everyone is tired of watching GGG face sub-par talent. Throw him in there with the big dogs.

If GGG was fighting "sub-par" talent twice a year like the rest of these bums, then I would have issue. They try and keep him as active as possible, so of course you need to line up available opponents.

Ward seems willing to fight him but with his drama with Goosen he probably won't fight until next year

Back
Top Bottom