Please lock.

Don't know much about Algieri. Is he young? Digging his style. Hopefully he develops some more punching power down the line, and keeps improving.

Last edited:
Not even remotely close, hell not even top-10....

1. Angelo Dundee
2. Ray Arcel
3. Nacho Beristain
4. Eddie Futch
5. Cus D'Amato
6. Lou Duva
7. Emanuel Steward
8. Whitney Bimstein
9. Amilcar Brusa
10. Charley Goldman

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more.
He was being sarcastic. The pac stans in here post some of the most delusional and misguided nonsense

Roach is a top 10 trainer. Not the best ever, but top 10 easy. I can't say top 5, my boxing pedigree isn't that heavy, but to say he's not remotely close to top 10, that sounds like hating

Roach is a top 10 trainer. Not the best ever, but top 10 easy. I can't say top 5, my boxing pedigree isn't that heavy, but to say he's not remotely close to top 10, that sounds like hating

Only he's not a top-10 guy if you really looked at the resumes of those other guys.

I don't hate Roach, there's nothing he does or has in his life that I'm envious of.

Last edited:
Roach is a good trainer but some people here just hate on him because he's Pacquiao's trainer.

No I dislike him because he's a whiny *****. Talks all this trash but when push comes to shove he's crying.

Look at what he did with the Rios camp incident, acted like a total *****.

And he's overrated.

Last edited:

Only he's not a top-10 guy if you really looked at the resumes of those other guys.

I don't hate Roach, there's nothing he does or has in his life that I'm envious of.

Im not a big Google type of guy so I won't go look there for proof but I guarantee You any, ANY legit boxing website magazine or expert would say Roach is top 10, Teddy Atlas has said so, Max Kellerman has said so, Larry Merchant would say so ( guessing there never heard him say it) Emanuel Steward God rest his soul DID say so, Micahel and Bruce Buffer have said so, Jim Lampley has said so. But a couple guys here said he's not, why? Who told y'all this? I know Google didn't, logically Google would probably out him #1 based on clicks searches and relevance.

And y'know something else fellas? I've heard boxing historians and writers list Roach contemporaries like Nacho, Steward and even Atlas (I disagree with Atlas) as top-10 all-time but I've never, not once, have ever heard anyone ever mention Roach as a top-10 guy.

Either they're all wrong or you're all right. I'll go ahead and agree with the former party.

Im not a big Google type of guy so I won't go look there for proof but I guarantee You any, ANY legit boxing website magazine or expert would say Roach is top 10, Teddy Atlas has said so, Max Kellerman has said so, Larry Merchant would say so ( guessing there never heard him say it) Emanuel Steward God rest his soul DID say so, Micahel and Bruce Buffer have said so, Jim Lampley has said so. But a couple guys here said he's not, why? Who told y'all this? I know Google didn't, logically Google would probably out him #1 based on clicks searches and relevance.

Lmao funny you post that just as I posted what I posted below.

Michael and Bruce Buffer? Seriously? The Buffer bros? Seriously?....:rofl:

Lampley is a hack. He sucks off Pacquiao and Roach anytime he gets. They all get money together.

And Steward was giving his colleague some respect. But I've never heard a Bert Sugar or any boxing writer give him that respect.

Last edited:

You over here talmbout google, **** google.

Doesn't take google to know that Roach isn't in the same class as Dundee, Duva, D'Amato, Steward, Futch, Beristain etc.....

These are the gold standard son.

Last edited:
Roach is a good trainer but some people here just hate on him because he's Pacquiao's trainer.

No I dislike him because he's a whiny *****. Talks all this trash but when push comes to shove he's crying.

Look at what he did with the Rios camp incident, acted like a total *****.

And he's overrated.

Like I said a few pages back, he ia the most overrated trainer of all time.

Last edited:
And y'know something else fellas? I've heard boxing historians and writers list Roach contemporaries like Nacho, Steward and even Atlas (I disagree with Atlas) as top-10 all-time but I've never, not once, have ever heard anyone ever mention Roach as a top-10 guy.

Either they're all wrong or you're all right. I'll go ahead and agree with the former party.

You've missed a lot of conversations though. Everyone i listed I've heard them personally say Roach is.

Look, I don't want to argue this. It's simply a matter if opinion, if the guys I listed aren't up to par in your book of boxing knowledge to be more qualified than most of us to say who is and who isn't top 10 then, I'm obviously underestimating your boxing expertise. My bad

I just saw the diss on Max Kellerman's boxing knowledge.
That's absurd.
He may troll on SportsNation as a hosts once that's what he's paid to do, but dude knows his boxing. Why you'd say he doesn't, yea, this conversation is over.
I don't like Roach either, but man, that's true hate it sounds like.

That's absurd.
He may troll on SportsNation as a hosts once that's what he's paid to do, but dude knows his boxing. Why you'd say he doesn't, yea, this conversation is over.

If you took what I said as a slight on Kellerman's knowledge instead of knowing that I'm referring to the bias HBO anchors have in favor of fighters and trainers who operate under their banner, then you go ahead with that bro.

Clearly you don't know what the hell we're even talking about nor do you know what I'm saying when I make my comments.

That's absurd.

If you took what I said as a slight on Kellerman's knowledge instead of knowing that I'm referring to the bias HBO anchors have in favor of fighters and trainers who operate under their banner, then you go ahead with that bro.

Clearly you don't know what the hell we're even talking about nor do you know what I'm saying when I make my comments.

I think I just don't know what you mean or what you are saying when you make your comments. That's clear now, no biggie.
I won't further you or I's confusion, you speak above my head with the rolly faces

How about Algieri vs Bradley? :nerd:

when i first thought about it i was thinking bradley would win....but then i then i remember that algieri is a more active, seems like he throws heavier punches and seems like he can take a hit. but who knows until it happens if it happens

I think I just don't know what you mean or what you are saying when you make your comments. That's clear now, no biggie.
I won't further you or I's confusion, you speak above my head with the rolly faces

You didn't know that the HBO crew is biased? That Lampley, Kellerman and Merchant all tell half-truths and whole lies? That they relentlessly hype guys who fight under the HBO banner and throw others under the bus?

Okay.

Everyone is biased that way. I think my parents are the best in the World because they are mine. That's life.

It doesn't mean that everytime an HBO employee says something positive about "someone under their banner" that they say it biased though. Some facts are clear.

Back
Top Bottom