Please lock.

Everyone is biased that way. I think my parents are the best in the World because they are mine. That's life.

It doesn't mean that everytime an HBO employee says something positive about "someone under their banner" that they say it biased though. Some facts are clear.

:rofl: Yeah you def don't know what I'm talking about.

I've spoken about the subject in exhaustion, use the search feature if you'd like to know what exactly I'm referring to and to the extent....

Really don't feel like rehashing that conversation. But if you're interested in seeing why you're wrong, the search feature is always there.

"Everyone is biased that way". :lol: Facts huh? Alright bro. It's not about them saying something positive about those under their banner, it's about them holding a double standard. It's about them being critical of a JMM for his physique for the Pacquiao fight, but then not holding Pacquiao to the same standard when he ducks VADA CIR testing. And that's one example, I'm not going to go all into this.

Oh and my bad about the smilies, I forgot for a moment you have an aversion for them. :lol:

Last edited:
How about Algieri vs Bradley? :nerd:

when i first thought about it i was thinking bradley would win....but then i then i remember that algieri is a more active, seems like he throws heavier punches and seems like he can take a hit. but who knows until it happens if it happens

Bet the house on Bradley if it happens. Bradley will batter him worse than he did Alexander.

Last edited:
We got off the Roach top 10 topic and on to pulling punches at one another so let's do the thread a favor and dead it my dude

lol i could see either of them winning tho but bradley does have way more experience

Last edited:
This is the first fight I have seen of Algieri but I will go back and watch a few that I find. He's got that kickboxing background so he's taken kicks, and proved he can take a punch or two.
I bet he can run across a whole City and back with ease, that's a bonus in my book, those natural steroids from the best diet. He's going to be fun to watch until someone ends his career

I was at the event live so I need to rewatch but do you guys feel like algieri was landing enough clean shots to justify him dominating the fight from round 1 on?

I saw him on the ropes the entire time and I saw Ruslan slipping or blocking a lot of his punches. He was clearly throwing the harder punches and stalking the whole time. Outside of a couple head snapping straights which didn't hurt Ruslan at all, I didn't think he was boxing that great. His conditioning is out of this world tho. He was sprinting out of the corner to start every round and never swayed from his plan.

I was at the event live so I need to rewatch but do you guys feel like algieri was landing enough clean shots to justify him dominating the fight from round 1 on?

I saw him on the ropes the entire time and I saw Ruslan slipping or blocking a lot of his punches. He was clearly throwing the harder punches and stalking the whole time. Outside of a couple head snapping straights which didn't hurt Ruslan at all, I didn't think he was boxing that great. His conditioning is out of this world tho. He was sprinting out of the corner to start every round and never swayed from his plan.

He landed a lot Algieri did. And more than a few head snappers. I had Providnikov still ahead until round 10 but the fact that Algieri out worked, out landed and was still landing when he wanted in every single round from 2-12 I had to give it up. He was on the ropes because Providnikov cornered him the whole fight, and yet he was able to counter. After about the 7-8 round Providnikov was still cornering him and getting him in the ropes but he stopped connecting. I'm watching again right now. On round 9

Last edited:
One thing I didn't like though and it speaks to the bias that HEATHEN HEATHEN was talking about was... In the late rounds I heard Ward say he thought that Algieri was winning the fight, yet when he actually did win, Lamoley asked him who he thought won the fight and it was like he didn't want to go against the grain and stick by a statement he already made earlier when he said he had Algieri winning. Maybe I heard it wrong I don't know.

Lampley is a hack. He sucks off Pacquiao and Roach anytime he gets.

This. Lampley is a biased clown, same for his pet Max. I much prefer the Showtime commentators or the British ones, much more balanced commentary as opposed to Lampley losing his mind when his preferred fighter throws a few punches.

Personally, I think Algieri outboxed Provodnikov.  I like Provodnikov and was rooting for him, but he can't beat a boxer who can move.  Sucks that he lost, but he's gotta stop believing in his hype, he was never close to the Marquez/Pacquiao level.

Side note: I wish I saw an Algieri fight before this one because I probably would've put money on him too
laugh.gif
mean.gif

This. Lampley is a biased clown, same for his pet Max. I much prefer the Showtime commentators or the British ones, much more balanced commentary as opposed to Lampley losing his mind when his preferred fighter throws a few punches.

BANG, BANG....BANG BANG......BANG

TRY AND STOP IT!!!

BANG.

YOU WANNA THROW SOMETIME?

BANG

BANG BANG.

THIS IS THE MANNY PACQUIAO THAT HAS DOMINATED THE SPORT OF BOXING.

:rolleyes Sit there and acts all brand new when Manny beat Clottey, a Clottey who up to that point beat who exactly? An over the hill Zab Judah? A Clottey that was coming off a loss to Cotto?

Lampley is such a **** rider. I will always remember that tirade. What a HACK. The whole HBO crew outside of RJJr (though he's not the greatest commentator for other reasons) is clown status. And of course Steward always kept it one hunnid.

Merchant, Lampley and Kellerman all have Manny's lumpia firmly wedged down their respective throats.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Algieri outboxed Provodnikov.  I like Provodnikov and was rooting for him, but he can't beat a boxer who can move.  Sucks that he lost, but he's gotta stop believing in his hype, he was never close to the Marquez/Pacquiao level.

Side note: I wish I saw an Algieri fight before this one because I probably would've put money on him too :lol: :smh: .

The first video I saw of Algieri on youtube was him getting knocked out in kickboxing, but I still had a weird feeling he was going to beat Provodnikov. :lol:

Last edited:
To me Algiere put on a boxing clinic! But man hbo was trying hard to sway the viewers IMO, the man was boxing beautifully and getting no credit. Ward was the only person spot on last night. I hate showtime but one thing, they are honest! Ronaldi does need to stop with his antics in making every fight the fight of the year lol

Crazy Algeri result; kid has heart! What I noticed about him is his amazing stamina and conditioning; felt like he could have gone another 12 rounds

Last edited:
To me Algiere put on a boxing clinic! But man hbo was trying hard to sway the viewers IMO, the man was boxing beautifully and getting no credit. Ward was the only person spot on last night. I hate showtime but one thing, they are honest! Ronaldi does need to stop with his antics in making every fight the fight of the year lol
My brother and I both felt Steve Weisfeld scored the fight poorly. Gave rounds to Siberian Rocky then followed it up by saying it could be Algieri's round depending how the judges see it. Once again, age-old debate between higher volume of punches versus less but harder, more damaging shots. Which is more effective, and which style deserves the 10-9.

I had it 115-113 for Provodnikov. Two rounds I scored 10-10.

Styles make fights. Same reason Mosley couldn't beat Forrest in multiple attempts. Provodnikov should stay away from a rematch. Set his sights on Brandon Rios after Diego Chaves. Needs opponents that want to bang, like hitting and getting hit.

Algieri fought a solid fight, moved fairly well and outlanded Provodnikov in what seemed like every round.  The right man won in my opinion.

Algieri fought a solid fight, moved fairly well and outlanded Provodnikov in what seemed like every round.  The right man won in my opinion.
How you score it?

I gave Algieri rounds 2, 3, 6, 8, 9. At first glance, he faded a bit in the championship rounds which makes some difference when challenging a titleholder.

I had Algieri winning rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 & 11.  114 - 112.  I think Chris outlanded and outworked Ruslan by a wide margin.

I had Algieri winning rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 & 11.  114 - 112.  I think Chris outlanded and outworked Ruslan by a wide margin.
I had rounds 4 and 11 even at 10-10. Challenging score to fight. No problem with 114-112 or 115-113 either way. I do take issue with Weisfeld's unofficial and Max DeLuca's wide margins for Siberian Rocky. There's no way Provodnikov won by 8 points even with the 10-7 first round.

Yeah, that was ridiculous.  117 - 109 was a joke.  I don't know what fight Steve Weisfeld was watching.

Back
Top Bottom