Please lock.

Yeah, that was ridiculous.  117 - 109 was a joke.  I don't know what fight Steve Weisfeld was watching.
How about Andrade, blasted Rose with pops in the corner. Rose was timid, afraid to let off. Threw no punches, just remained in a defensive shell with high-guard while getting picked apart. Andrade was throwing like 70 punches per round. Jab, straight left. Hooks, uppercuts. Full arsenal. Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Maciel if not even higher competition.

Andre Ward did a tremendous job as a commentator. Might as well retire with the ongoing promoter dispute, not serious. Not a bad option for side income while fight purses aren't coming in. He was spot-on about evaluating Algieri.

Next live fight for me is Golovkin vs. Geale, although I truly wish I was in attendance for Lomachenko magic in California versus Russell, Jr. Contemplating 50U on "Hi-Tech." Not joking.

Brian Rose looked terrible, but I liked what I saw from Demetrius Andrade.  He's a highly talented southpaw with a great left hand.  I also liked his combinations to the body and head as well as his right hook that dropped Brian in the third round.

I agree with your assesment of Andre Ward.  He's great as a commentator, but I'm ready to see him test himself against a great fighter.  He says he wants either Golovkin or Chavez Jr., so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when Golovkin fights Geale and Chavez Jr. matches up with Froch.

But truthfully speaking, I believe Gary Russell Jr. will beat Vasyl Lomachenko fairly easily.  I don't think Vasyl can handle Gary's hand and foot speed or his combination punching.  Guillermo Rigondeaux still moves up and beats the winner after he takes apart Sod Kokietgym in July.

Last edited:
I feel like people were giving Algieri rounds just because they were impressed with what he was able to do with one eye and coming up from 2 knockdowns in the first round.

Last edited:
I feel like people were giving Algieri rounds just because they were impressed with what he was able to do with one eye and coming up from 2 knockdowns in the first round.

I was giving Algieri rounds because he was winning the rounds I was giving him, whether it was with 1 eye or 2. He said he could see fine out of the eye until the 8th round

I was giving Algieri rounds because he was winning the rounds I was giving him, whether it was with 1 eye or 2. He said he could see fine out of the eye until the 8th round

It was very close, but I saw Provodnikov as the winner. I'm going to watch it again with the volume off.

I'm not going to score you a round because you landed only 2-3 huge bombs, unless those two three bombs had an obvious physical effect on the guy getting. If you only land 2-3 bombs, and the guy is still outboxing you the whole round and moving great, he's getting the round every time.

It was very close, but I saw Provodnikov as the winner. I'm going to watch it again with the volume off.

Man I'm stoked to see him fight again though. Algieri.

Man I'm stoked to see him fight again though. Algieri.

Bob said the winner gets Pacquiao. We have to see if he keeps that promise. :lol:

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I thought Roach wanted Danny Garcia next since Marquez wanted 15mil+ to fight a 5th time.
I could actually see Garcia taking the Algieri fight over PAC so he could grab Algieri's belt in that 140 weight class real quick before moving up

Edit:I take that back. He'd take the PAC money fight for sure. I mean I would, after seeing Algieri's conditioning[emoji]128529[/emoji]. He may find it tough to find a decent fight, (am I reaching)

Last edited:
freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I thought Roach wanted Danny Garcia next since Marquez wanted 15mil+ to fight a 5th time.
I could actually see Garcia taking the Algieri fight over PAC so he could grab Algieri's belt in that 140 weight class real quick before moving up

Edit:I take that back. He'd take the PAC money fight for sure. I mean I would, after seeing Algieri's conditioning[emoji]128529[/emoji]. He may find it tough to find a decent fight, (am I reaching)

I think that's what Roach said, but I'm sure Bob said the winner of last nights fight gets Pacquiao next. Algieri is with some obscure promoter so he should be able to do business with anyone. I think Algieri vs Bradley, Peterson, and Swift would be intriguing.

Last edited:
Of course Algieri would finally put his tools together and whoop on Provo :lol: congrats to that kid for finally learning how to use his reach effectively and not lunge. Showed some huge heart. I thought he edged Provo out.

Of course Algieri would finally put his tools together and whoop on Provo :lol: congrats to that kid for finally learning how to use his reach effectively and not lunge. Showed some huge heart. I thought he edged Provo out.

You know how to spell his name correctly now :pimp:

What does a fast 5'10 dude who was constantly moving all fight have in common with JMM? You really think they have similar styles? Or they would fight Ruslan similar?

Whether you feel Ruslan got out boxed or not, his style would still pose a problem for JMM. Hell, the three guys that beat him either had one eye destroyed or were rocked beyond belief multiple. Don't see how anyone would walk into a Ruslan fight with confidence. Especially a guy liable to get tagged like JMM.

Who would've thought some Friday night fighter with a suspect chin and less pop than Paulie M would outbox Provodnikov? We can also point out that Marquez hits harder and is more crafty than Algieri. Provodnikov wouldn't win a round against Marquez IMO. Provodnikov fights in straight lines and needs to plant both feet to land shots. It will be a schooling similar to Juan Diaz and Katsidis. Anyway we need to see it to believe it, and I still want the fight to happen despite what happened last night.

Last edited:
What does a fast 5'10 dude who was constantly moving all fight have in common with JMM? You really think they have similar styles? Or they would fight Ruslan similar?

Whether you feel Ruslan got out boxed or not, his style would still pose a problem for JMM. Hell, the three guys that beat him either had one eye destroyed or were rocked beyond belief multiple. Don't see how anyone would walk into a Ruslan fight with confidence. Especially a guy liable to get tagged like JMM.

Thanks for clearing that up for him.
Comparing Algieri and JMM as a matchup for Provodnikov made no sense.
That's asa9 asa10 asa11 etc

Yea and Algeria has none of the skill , knowledge nor exlerience of JMM. He could be 6'10. Ruslan is an espn fighter. That's it. You got him beating a top 10 generational fighter ...

Marquez vs Ruslan isn't even a fair fight

Provodnikov vs Bradley reminded me of Ishida vs Kirkland, except Ruslan has thudding power. Both flukes

Last edited:
That Bradley fight had everyone fooled. :lol: Bradley chose to stand right in front of Ruslan.
Only reason Desert Storm didn't listen to Ortiz is the chip on his shoulder from the first Manny fight. Bradley tried to validate a past win against a different fighter who hits hard. He was out to prove he can bang and be fan-friendly. Not his style, not if he wants to win fights and enjoy a long career.

That Bradley fight had everyone fooled. :lol: Bradley chose to stand right in front of Ruslan.
Only reason Desert Storm didn't listen to Ortiz is the chip on his shoulder from the first Manny fight. Bradley tried to validate a past win against a different fighter who hits hard. He was out to prove he can bang and be fan-friendly. Not his style, not if he wants to win fights and enjoy a long career.

Exactly. I can't believe people think that was the real Bradley that night. You're thinking about putting up 50U on Lomachenko... did I read that right?

Back
Top Bottom