Please lock.

Algieri
PAC getting past Algieri?
He will never get at May if he doesn't.
Algieri already talking he wants May next, this isn't a good sign to me. Sounds like he's trying to to himself into believing that.
Typed the first two lines of this post and then hit google to find the FIGHT DATE, and found this....
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/07/algieri-wants-mayweather-after-pacquiao-fight/

PAC is (way)quicker than Providnikov.
I can just see it now, Algieri down on one of PACs punches in bunches combos.

When is the last time Pac put anybody down?

Algieri could present a lot of problems for Pac. His big, and uses his jab well. Stays active throughout the round, and move extremely well. His good movement is due to his kickboxing background, and how they move to set up kicks.

I like this fight, it's intriguing.

Last edited:
Algieri
PAC getting past Algieri?
He will never get at May if he doesn't.
Algieri already talking he wants May next, this isn't a good sign to me. Sounds like he's trying to to himself into believing that.
Typed the first two lines of this post and then hit google to find the FIGHT DATE, and found this....
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/07/algieri-wants-mayweather-after-pacquiao-fight/

PAC is (way)quicker than Providnikov.
I can just see it now, Algieri down on one of PACs punches in bunches combos.

When is the last time Pac put anybody down?

Algieri could present a lot of problems for Pac. His big, and uses his jab well. Stays active throughout the round, and move extremely well. His good movement is due to his kickboxing background, and how they move to set up kicks.

I like this fight, it's intriguing.

He knocked Marquez down (twice I think)the last time they fought. Didn't he knock Marquez down in the same round that Marquez knocked him out?
That fight I saw of Algieri though, pretty. He touched Providnikov the entire fight. It's was fun, talk about stick and move.
I'll watch all his fights,
I have only seen that one fight of his, and Provod caught him good, so we know he's got a chin.
I think Manny catches him more often though, and won't punch himself out like Ruslan did.

Def pulling for Algieri though.

I can't imagine how those gloves are deemed legal. My cousin is an amateur boxer and he uses two sets of gloves and they are well padded. I can't squeeze them like Ellerbe did to Chino glove l
The MX Gloves are legal and were approved, Mayweather didnt want him to use those first blue and white  gloves that had all the padding around (I think it was horse hair padding) the wrist and hardly any pad around the knuckles.

I agree with you Proshares but he did want that Maidana rematch. He took step-aside money to let Maidana fight Flloyd.

Oh I def know about the step aside money. But, IMO, it didn't seem like he wanted it all that much. Even after the Floyd fight, he was calling for Maidana to see him at 140. I really don't think we'll see a rematch unless he somehow wipes 140 clean and moves up again. I think he's finished at WW.

Les, I think you're underestimating 140 a little bit. But, I can see your points.

I always give Khan **** but he always come to fight and (sometimes stupidly) doesn't know how to back down. I think it'd make for a decent fight.

But comments like he gave saying PBF is ducking him by not accommodating Ramadan makes me wanna see Prescott II :lol:

I always give Khan **** but he always come to fight and (sometimes stupidly) doesn't know how to back down. I think it'd make for a decent fight.

But comments like he gave saying PBF is ducking him by not accommodating Ramadan makes me wanna see Prescott II :lol:
That Chino fight though. Pure heart.

Do NOT get me started on that fight man. **** still burns to think about.

I think it's between Floyd's left hook on Hatton or that 10th (?) round where Maidana slugged him for two minutes with not one response for the most I've ever posted in a 1-3 min span on NT :lol:

That's how you got that Maidana off of you. Ortiz thought you just hit the head and he'll stay down. You crack that body back then and he was not the same guy. That pulling up of the trunks almost made me throw a beer at the TV :lol:

In the first round too. Thought that **** was over. IIRC, I still had Khan winning like 7-5 but man...that **** should have been stopped in the 10th.

I had Khan winning bigger than that. I bough he put in a show minus the last few rounds. But yup, fight woulda and shoulda been stopped if anyone else.

You might be right. I haven't watched the full thing since like '11. I just remember him winning all 4 or 3/4 of 9-12.

Since we're going down memory lane.

Whatever happened to amo and string? There's a bunch of boxing heads that don't post anymore. I know a few of em migrated to twitter.

I haven't seen amo post in a long time. String doesn't post much either. I run fantasy football/baseball with him so I can tell you he's still active there.

boxer15 boxer15 not that high IIRC. His trunks would just always be slipping down and he'd have to put his hands down and pull them up literally almost every 15-20 seconds. Khan was timing that **** perfectly :lol:

Khan vs. Mayweather would be interesting. The knock on Khan is his chin but Mayweather wont really check his check, we all know power is not his thing. Could be an interesting fight.

Back
Top Bottom