Please lock.

I want to see somebody beat the hell outta Bernard Hopkins. I can't stand that old trash talking *************

laugh.gif

Mayweather would definitely be able to KO Khan
Doubt it, when was his last KO? Don't worry I'll wait... plus I wouldn't consider Ortiz fight a clean KO. So by all means go ahead

Khans chin is glass.

Floyd rocked Shane, Cotto, JMM, and Hatton.

The rights he hit Maidana, Canelo & Guerrero would buzz Khan at the very least.

KOs don't just come from power. They come from speed.

And no matter what you may think, the fighters who fight Floyd always get stopped in their tracks when they come forward and Floyd lands.

The man is so concerned about not getting g hit that he misses opportunities to finish fighters. It's maddening.

Khans chin is glass.

Floyd rocked Shane, Cotto, JMM, and Hatton.

The rights he hit Maidana, Canelo & Guerrero would buzz Khan at the very least.

KOs don't just come from power. They come from speed.

And no matter what you may think, the fighters who fight Floyd always get stopped in their tracks when they come forward and Floyd lands.

The man is so concerned about not getting g hit that he misses opportunities to finish fighters. It's maddening.
I don't think you were watching the same fight everyone else was. First of all we were talking about knock outs, last true knockout was in '07 against Hatton, were talking about '07 my dude, that's seven years ago. Get out of here with that Floyd and power stuff, Floyd has been priding himself off speed and elusiveness not power.

**Edit , to the vids posted. Anytime you see things in slow motion they look like good shots
laugh.gif
. The only shot with an ounce of power that I see up there was from the Ghost fight. I'm still waiting to see where this power is you speak of.

Last edited:
If Mayweather didn't have any power he would have been walked down by Cotto, Canelo, and Maidana.

Any brawler who could cut off the ring with a decent chin would be able to beat Floyd if he didn't have any power.

You have to get your opponents respect and those straights and counters definitely earn him that.

Look at that punch he hit Maidana with in the last gif. If he had no power Maidana would have kept coming forward right after the shot landed.

Last edited:
If Mayweather didn't have any power he would have been walked down by Cotto, Canelo, and Maidana.

Any brawler who could cut off the ring with a decent chin would be able to beat Floyd if he didn't have any power.

You have to get your opponents respect and those straights and counters definitely earn him that.
Answer this, if he has all of this power that you claim why doesn't he end fights early by KO or TKO instead of having most of his fights go all 12 rounds (decisions)? Trust me he doesn't like boxing that much, if he can end a fight he would end a fight.

Last edited:

Answer this, if he has all of this power that you claim why doesn't he end fights early by KO or TKO instead of having most of his fights go all 12 rounds (decisions)? Trust me he doesn't like boxing that much, if he can end a fight he would end a fight.

He already answered your question. Nobody in here is claiming that Mayweather has GGG type KO power.

Fact is that Mayweather does not have to KO his opponents he just thoroughly out boxes them. All I was stating is that Mayweather has enough power to get his opponents respect.

There is a reason none of the come forward fighters can execute their gameplan when facing Mayweather. Nobody likes getting hit clean with effective counters.

He already answered your question. Nobody in here is claiming that Mayweather has GGG type KO power.

Fact is that Mayweather does not have to KO his opponents he just thoroughly out boxes them. All I was stating is that Mayweather has enough power to get his opponents respect.

There is a reason none of the come forward fighters can execute their gameplan when facing Mayweather. Nobody likes getting hit clean with effective counters.
He didn't answer it. As mentioned, Floyd is quick and elusive. No one likes to get hit no matter how strong or weak it is, hence why fighters don't move forward, Floyd is able to do this because of speed. If he had the power you all claimed he would have more KO's to his name.

He didn't answer it. As mentioned, Floyd is quick and elusive. No one likes to get hit no matter how strong or weak it is, hence why fighters don't move forward, Floyd is able to do this because of speed. If he had the power you all claimed he would have more KO's to his name.

Fighters don't move forward? :stoneface:

46 Wins 26 KOs is pretty damn good if you ask me.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed the loudmouth UFC guy always talking about how Ronda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather? Even better is UFC fans saying she would...lol

You don't think he has power and you don't think he has enough to KO Khan.
mean.gif

Nothing I post will change your mind so I'm going to stop wasting my time replying to you.
- Exactly

- And nothing will change your mind either, tip of hat to you sir
He moved up in weight . Like this isn't that hard to figure out

But you're right Floyd has zero pop and absolutely no chance of knocking out a glass jawed opponent
You won
-He moved up in weight, so he had power in a lower weight? So you are saying he does not have power in a higher weight which he has been in for years now? Curious as to which weight you think he would be fighting Khan at....

-Looking at his past, no he doesn't have a chance at knocking out Khan, but maybe a decision
wink.gif

Floyd has/had power but it's really tough for a smaller guy like him to KO guys at 147-54

Last edited:
Guerrero and Hatton are not welterweights and he cheated JMM probably worse than I've seen any fighter do on the scales, so I wouldn't really attribute it to weight, its just Floyd's style. Cotto and Canelo were probably too large for him to stop though. Floyd's a great athlete with above average power but it's just not his style to go for knockouts. I don't hold that against him, it's just how he fights, though it's also why alot of people during his prim criticized him. I remember Tiger and Barkley walking out of his fight vs Baldomir.

But he's built a great career by trying to be the bad guy (though his history of continually beating women would suggest he actually is one in real life), and people like watching his fights. But the reason he has so few KOs is because he's mostly concerned with not getting hit and also has some history of hand injuries, so he won't press the action and throw as many shots as others would.

Khan is so shot and his chin is so bad, Floyd would probably stun him and put him away at some point in the fight. I think a prime Khan when he switched over to roach and dominated Judah would've maybe gave Floyd an interesting fight, but it'd still be one sided. he's never been an elite level fighter imo

Let's not forget that Flloyd has also had lots of hand problems lately and that might be why he's holding back on power shots.

Back
Top Bottom