Please Lock.

I just remembered that Roc Nation won the Quillin vs Korobov purse bid for 2 mill. Kid Chocolate vacated the title. He def isn't seeing that type of money anymore.

Last edited:
Ward fanboys are a sensitive bunch LMAO

Quillin has always been overrated

Last edited:
Dudes want brains to fall out before the refs step in.

It ain't like that at all. The ref was supposed to keep his eyes on Quillen, but turned his back so he didn't know whether he fell or not. Had he never turned around, the fight would still go on, Quillen could have held at that point.. There have been many boxers dazed but got to recover and some actually got to win. Announcers didn't seem to like the stoppage.

Everyone has their own opinion. So you just chill alright? Appreciate it.

The ref stopped the fight and Quillin had no idea that the ref stopped the fight b

Jacobs was going to get a running start and land a MONSTER haymaker if the ref didn't stop it.

Quillin was too out of it to clinch or take a knee. Jayfiend makes a fair point. I don't see how it's debatable after looking at the replay. In real time, I understand the argument.

I ain't about dudes dying in the ring. Quillin was out on his feet. Had he taken a knee or showed any semblance of being able to tie up, I would be fine but he didn't.

Bible of Boxing ‏@ringmagazine  Dec 5
Would love to see @GGGBoxing vs @DanielJacobsTKO fun scrap. Too bad it won't happen. #Boxing

o ‏@mr_deals805  12h12 hours ago
@ringmagazine @GGGBoxing @DanielJacobsTKO why not? At some point doesn't the @GilberticoWBA @WBABoxing have to have super and regular fight?
 Gilberto J Mendoza ‏@GilberticoWBA  11h11 hours ago
Gilberto J Mendoza Retweeted o
It will be ordered @WBABoxing the timeline will be clarify by a resolution during the convention  
Is HBO going to be willing to back K2 so they can win the purse bid, or is GGG going to have to vacate?

I only had a problem with the stoppage because there was no standing 8 count. No problem deciding that Quillen was washed after 8 seconds. But why not count?

I agree that many of time dudes are rocked and dazed and hold on. And quillen was throwing punches back for a while while he was out on his feet. Then got caught with the shot to the temple and that did him in.

I hope Quillen is alright though. Very gracious in defeat. And he came out to the Biebs....he is cool in my book

This is an example of a standing 8 that should've been used in the Jacobs fight:

To say Quillen "wouldn't have been able to clinch" or Jacobs was going run in and land a mammoth shot is just speculation.

Standing 8 counts are not allowed. It's like the 3 knockdown rule. Been outdated. The only time the ref can use his discretion to do a standing 8 count is when the fighter is being held up by the ropes. He can consider him "down". Without Quillin taking a knee or even leaning on the ropes, the ref had to either let Jacobs pounce on him or stop it. Pretty easy call considering Quillin had no idea what was going on.

Standing 8 counts are not allowed. It's like the 3 knockdown rule. Been outdated. The only time the ref can use his discretion to do a standing 8 count is when the fighter is being held up by the ropes. He can consider him "down". Without Quillin taking a knee or even leaning on the ropes, the ref had to either let Jacobs pounce on him or stop it. Pretty easy call considering Quillin had no idea what was going on.
Oh okay, didn't realize that. I've probably been watching too much amateur boxing
laugh.gif

Is this true though? He actually can't call it a "knock down" and give him a standing 8 unless he was laying on the ropes?

Not that i really care. I don't think quillen would have recovered in 8 seconds anyway. The biggest sign is that he didn't argue it at all. At the end of the fight he knew it was a good stoppage it seemed. That tells me all i need to know

Last edited:
Quillin was slurring his speech afterwards and pretty much conceded he got caught when he saw the footage.

Can't confuse a fighter's gameness for alertness. We've seen it before, guys fighting, running on pure instincts but nobody is really home.

Guys suffer concussions and don't even remember what they got caught with, they 'recover' and put themselves at risk for unnecessary punishment.

It's a refs job to recognize that, he clearly saw something he didn't like when he turned around, I have to trust that as a fight fan.

Look at all the cats in the NFL who talk about all the unreported concussions they've suffered and just kept playing. Dudes don't even remember what happened.

That's scary b.

Last edited:
Because there was no standing 8 in effect.
my dudes just don't read ... I said there was no standing 8 minutes after the fight.

Dude even came in here to give us an example with a video. LMAO

Sometimes I have to remind myself that im in a sneaker thread. Only a hand full of you have some in-depth knowledge.

Being that this was a championship fight I would of have gave Kid Wobble another opportunity, but although I was mad we didn't see more action I understood.

Again, I been high on Jacobsfot a while now ... He also has a great story.

I just like his ring iq .. his boxing style and his hunger to finish. However, that same hunger might get him in trouble one day.

my dudes just don't read ... I said there was no standing 8 minutes after the fight.

Dude even came in here to give us an example with a video. LMAO

Sometimes I have to remind myself that im in a sneaker thread. Only a hand full of you have some in-depth knowledge.
Shame on us for not posting live during the fight and/or scrolling back through pages since the fight.

BTW, what do you consider in-depth knowledge?
laugh.gif

There is no standing 8 count in New York.

There are standing 8 counts in New York.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Standing_eight-count

The reason there was no standing 8 count was because it was a title fight and was thus the unified rules of boxing was in effect.
IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO title fights do not allow the standing eight-count.

The following states have the standing eight-count in effect: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, Pennsylvania and Tennessee,

Last edited:
Shame on us for not posting live during the fight and/or scrolling back through pages since the fight.

BTW, what do you consider in-depth knowledge? :lol:
read below ... Is obvious ...

PS is was only one page two tops.

There are standing 8 counts in New York.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Standing_eight-count

The reason there was no standing 8 count was because it was a title fight and was thus the unified rules of boxing was effect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom