Plenty of public backlash over the price of the 2009's vol. RECESSION!

everyone was willing to pay 185 for the 23's because people liked the design and colourway. NO ONE LIKES THIS SHOE! therefore no one wants to pay 190dollars for it, jb would probably not take such a loss if he would drop the shoe price to 100 bucks. then more people would buy because its a jb shoe and theywanna say they have the 2k9. But except big losses profit wise from jb because no one wants this crappy shoe, and on top of that no one wants to pay 190dollars for it. Again jb its time for a change we are getting tired of your crap.

laugh.gif

Fusions fly off shelves because people allowed JB to muscle them into paying $150 for an in-house bootleg of retros. Times have changed; just because it's the flagship shoe doesn't certify that a model will sell. In the past seven years, the XX3s have been the only shoe to achieve true success and quick liquidation. Can't even count the XX's because it was really only one color and a "QS" that people bought because they thought it was limited. Basically, you have a large population that refuses to buy Team Jordans because they aren't "real Jordans", but will pay $135-$160 for mash ups and take downs of previous models. Irony at its finest, IMO.
That's the truth right there. It's the ignorant trend hoppers, hypebeasts & people with just poor taste ingeneral that've allowed us to get fleeced royally by Nike/JB.
As consumers we can only speak with wallets and really and truly, if you're affected by a recession, shoes should be the furthest thing from yourmind.

haha i think nike controls hype pretty dam well to be able to calculate that theyll make profit off those shoes

Originally Posted by BalLaStatus27

Better question, why are these shoes being made

exactly! why does the price even matter?? these joints look so wack, they won'y be copped anyway so who cares??

I understand the hate for these shoes, but paying only $5.00 more than the xx3's is not that big of a deal. In terms of the price of a shoe thats a verysmall increase. I think everyone is just so disappointed in the looks of the shoe that they are trying to find the smallest details to complain about. Also, wehaven't even seen the actual color ways that will retail for $190. The pics that we are seeing are for the LE which will be $230, which is the exact sameprice as the premier xx3. I do however agree that these will probably sit on shelves.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I personally don't understand what all the commotion is about when JB prices shoes at premium prices all of the time. People seem to complain because they're not feelin the design of these shoes but last years XX3's were $5 cheaper on retail and people certainly didn't mind pickin those up (while we still in a recession mind you). So I don't wanna hear about price because most NT'ers don't care about price matters anyway.

Thats the thing. The 23s were
pimp.gif
. These are
grin.gif
. They shouldn't have put these past $165. And I wonder how many of those newfusions sold. Those are really crappy.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I personally don't understand what all the commotion is about when JB prices shoes at premium prices all of the time. People seem to complain because they're not feelin the design of these shoes but last years XX3's were $5 cheaper on retail and people certainly didn't mind pickin those up (while we still in a recession mind you). So I don't wanna hear about price because most NT'ers don't care about price matters anyway.

Thats the thing. The 23s were
pimp.gif
. These are
grin.gif
. They shouldn't have put these past $165. And I wonder how many of those new fusions sold. Those are really crappy.

I beg to differ my good man. The XXIII sold because they were the 23rd shoe in the line and MJ's number. Swap the XXIII with the Jordan 2009 and peoplewould be saying the exact same negative things about them.

Facts:

These shoes have to be expensive and "special". Their high price plus the history of Jordan and the Jumpman logo is what sells all the other crappyteam shoes and hybrid junk.

Several of the exact same people here complaining about the 2009's price or looks will be at Foot Locker picking them up on release day.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by asilva23

they can price them high because they know they will sell. if the fusions fly off the shelves, you know the signature j will as well.

most collectors are more selective, but others who are just starting or aren't collectors at all will cop these for $190 with a smile.

for me, ez pass on the whites but gotta see the blacks in person before i decide.

Fusions fly off shelves because people allowed JB to muscle them into paying $150 for an in-house bootleg of retros. Times have changed; just because it's the flagship shoe doesn't certify that a model will sell. In the past seven years, the XX3s have been the only shoe to achieve true success and quick liquidation. Can't even count the XX's because it was really only one color and a "QS" that people bought because they thought it was limited. Basically, you have a large population that refuses to buy Team Jordans because they aren't "real Jordans", but will pay $135-$160 for mash ups and take downs of previous models. Irony at its finest, IMO.
i wouldn't call it muscling because as a consumer, you have a choice. you and i may not like the fusions, but that's our personal taste. there are kids out there that live for them.

as for not achieving true success, i disagree and i'm sure jb's bottom line does as well. guaranteed they made profit on the past 7 models and iguarantee they will on the 2009's.

many posts state they'll be on the sale rack or at the outlets which may be true, but also true is that somebody will end up buying them. and even at adiscounted price, at the end of the day, it's still profit for jb.

The price is irrelevant with a shoe that resembles and average And 1 shoe that much.....I will not buy those.

Originally Posted by KEARSE15

you're not paying for the shoe, your paying for the millions of dollars Nike/JB spends to advertise, promote, and endorse the brand....
The realest stuff you ever wrote.

could care less... the shoes suck. the price is ridiculous. the quality is probably the same as all JB trash.

and not to mention the whole world is in a recession.

this shoe will be a signal from the buyers to JB. the sales number will decrease due to price, recession and bad shoe design.

if the economy wasn't this bad, the sale numbers would still be decent because there are always peeps out there with $$ willing to buy any trash.

Back
Top Bottom