Plot to kill cartoonist that drew Mohammad thwarted

Originally Posted by Cz7

WOW at you guys defending the murderer's. Alot of people complain about the double standard that exist when people attack Christianity exclusively but everybody who said this man deserves to DIE knows if he had drew Jesus nobody would even utter that thought. This religious fanaticism at it's best and some of you have the nerve to SUPPORT IT. So you're saying the US had it coming when they slammed planes into the towers right? Because you don't mess with religion, right? Get out of here, this guy had some balls that most of you will never muster up.

QFT.

Religious people are hypocrites. So it's NOT okay for someone to criticize your religion but it is okay for you to criticize other religions.
eyes.gif

EDIT: oh yeah people have been drawing Mohammad well before this incident with the Danish cartoon. Are you going to travel back in time and kill them too?

http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

he deserves it
For real, what he did was very disrespectful
One of the dumbest things I've ever read on here. I don't think the cartoon was appropriate, but if you are saying Muslims are justifiedin killing him for drawing the cartoon, you are feeding into the stereotype the cartoon is implying
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure Jesus and Mohammad never said "Hey, if anyone ever makes fun of me, make sure you go and kill them."

Originally Posted by Cz7

WOW at you guys defending the murderer's. Alot of people complain about the double standard that exist when people attack Christianity exclusively but everybody who said this man deserves to DIE knows if he had drew Jesus nobody would even utter that thought. This religious fanaticism at it's best and some of you have the nerve to SUPPORT IT. So you're saying the US had it coming when they slammed planes into the towers right? Because you don't mess with religion, right? Get out of here, this guy had some balls that most of you will never muster up.
First off, no one died. Okay?

No one is supporting religious fanatics, we're all acknowledging that it is STUPID to attack a religion especially if making Mohammed look like aterrorist. It's just stupid. Not even close to the truth about Islam. I'm Catholic, but Islam is about being peaceful, and all of today's ignorantpeople will overlook that by this guy's dumb cartoons.

It's sad that you appreciate this guy's work because he has balls. Do you think that life is just a continuation of middle school bad-!#$ antics? Hiscartoons led to global protests and riot deaths close to 100. All while getting paid and getting benefits in Denmark.
eyes.gif

Your example is horrible by the way.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by Cz7

No one is supporting religious fanatics, we're all acknowledging that it is STUPID to attack a religion especially if making Mohammed look like a terrorist. It's just stupid. Not even close to the truth about Islam. I'm Catholic, but Islam is about being peaceful, and all of today's ignorant people will overlook that by this guy's dumb cartoons.

It's sad that you appreciate this guy's work because he has balls. Do you think that life is just a continuation of middle school bad-!#$ antics? His cartoons led to global protests and riot deaths close to 100. All while getting paid and getting benefits in Denmark.
eyes.gif

It isn't just with this. ANY criticism of Islam leads to protest. They need to learn how to deal with it instead of causing an uproar. Jewsand Christians are constantly criticized but you rarely, if ever, see huge protest like you do with Muslims.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

People need to stop playing around with people religions. It is not a game.

especially Islam... Them Muslims don't play.....

IMO, its not OK to disrespect someone's religion but at the same time don't expect an artist to censor himself/herself. Unless you want to live in acensored world.

- Safari​

Originally Posted by Cz7

No one is supporting religious fanatics, we're all acknowledging that it is STUPID to attack a religion especially if making Mohammed look like a terrorist. It's just stupid. Not even close to the truth about Islam. I'm Catholic, but Islam is about being peaceful, and all of today's ignorant people will overlook that by this guy's dumb cartoons.

It's sad that you appreciate this guy's work because he has balls. Do you think that life is just a continuation of middle school bad-!#$ antics? His cartoons led to global protests and riot deaths close to 100. All while getting paid and getting benefits in Denmark.
eyes.gif

Ok you say nobody died and then cite that 100 people died in riots, who do you think caused those riots? The same people who came to dude'shouse with an intent to KILL him. They are murderer's weather they succeeded in this incident or not. When somebody says that a man deserves to die fordrawing a cartoon about a religious figure positive or not, then they are supporting religious fanaticism. Nobody should die for drawing a cartoon, obviouslyhe wasn't making a truth claim with the cartoon it was meant to be satirical, but given the action of these so called followers it doesn't seem to missthe mark too much.

Islamic theology might about being peaceful but nothing about the history of its followers do suggest that they believe that, and that goes for most religions.Where I did I say appreciate his work? You could maybe imply that I appreciate his courage to do his work if anything, I never said I appreciate the actualcartoon.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

he deserves it
For real, what he did was very disrespectful
One of the dumbest things I've ever read on here. I don't think the cartoon was appropriate, but if you are saying Muslims are justified in killing him for drawing the cartoon, you are feeding into the stereotype the cartoon is implying
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure Jesus and Mohammad never said "Hey, if anyone ever makes fun of me, make sure you go and kill them."
Exactly bro.

Both Prophets suffered from way worse persecution than stupid political cartoons. And both were always quick to bite their tongues.

Its hard because he should respect Islam, but then again he should also have freedom of expression. Its a tough call

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

Originally Posted by Cz7

eyes.gif

It isn't just with this. ANY criticism of Islam leads to protest. They need to learn how to deal with it instead of causing an uproar. Jews and Christians are constantly criticized but you rarely, if ever, see huge protest like you do with Muslims.
There was kind of one about 8 centuries ago.
grin.gif

I see what you mean about Muslims being sensitive. Doesn't mean that the guy isn't an idiot for doing it anyway. If there are lots of radical Muslimsin today's world, it is not a rational thought to go ahead with cartoons depicting the Islam religion as terrorism.

There are several terrorist organizations linked with Islam. I don't know many terrorist organizations linked with Judaism or Christianity, and theyaren't on the news every day. It's common sense not to mess with their religion after witnessing what they(terrorists affiliated with Islam) can do on9/11.

Originally Posted by Cz7

The overall sentiment expressed on this issue is one of obvious dissapointment in the Muslim community, and it's obvious you don't know why.
Depictions of Muhammad

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The permissibility of depictions of Muhammad, the founder of Islam, has long been a concern in Islam's history. Oral and written descriptions are readilyaccepted by all traditions of Islam, but there is disagreement about visual depictions.[1][2]

The Qur'an does not explicitly forbid images of Muhammad, but there are a few hadith (supplemental traditions) which have explicitly prohibited Muslimsfrom creating the visual depictions of figures under any circumstances. Most contemporary Sunni Muslims believe that visual depictions of the prophetsgenerally should be prohibited, and they are particularly averse to visual representations of Muhammad.[3] The key concern is that the use of images canencourage idolatry, where the image becomes more important than what it represents. In Islamic art, some visual depictions only show Muhammad with his faceveiled, or symbolically represent him as a flame; other images, notably from Persia of the Ilkhanate, and those made under the Ottomans, show him fully.[1]

Other Muslims have taken a more relaxed view. Most Shi'a scholars accept respectful depictions and use illustrations of Muhammad in books andarchitectural decoration, as have Sunnis at various points in the past.[4] However, many Muslims who take a stricter view of the supplemental traditions, willsometimes challenge any depiction of Muhammad, including those created and published by non-Muslims.[5]

And then to take it a step further and satirize their religious leader as a terrorist? What kind of reaction do you expect?

You can't compare the depiction of Christ (which many Christians embrace) with the image of Mohammed, you know, like comparing apples and oranges. Andto act like violence is exclusive to Muslims, wasn't an abortion doctor recently assasinated in a church in our country for performing late term abortions?

I wish people would make attempts at understanding/researching things before speaking on them.

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

Originally Posted by Cz7

eyes.gif

It isn't just with this. ANY criticism of Islam leads to protest. They need to learn how to deal with it instead of causing an uproar. Jews and Christians are constantly criticized but you rarely, if ever, see huge protest like you do with Muslims.
Initially the Muslim world asked for an apology from the Danish government. When the government refused, the Muslim world agreed upon a ban onall Danish goods until an apology was received. Unfortunately, the fools who made the news don't represent all Muslims.

While it is impossible to say that you are wrong, all I ask is that you keep in mind that it isn't the ideology itself, but rather the conditions of theworld they live in.

By in large, the Muslim and Arab worlds are 3rd world in standard and highly uneducated people. This is fact, whether my Arab and fellow Muslim NTers want toagree with it or not. This is what leads to the neanderthal in nature responses that make the headlines, not the religion.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

By in large, the Muslim and Arab worlds are 3rd world in standard and highly uneducated people. This is fact, whether my Arab and fellow Muslim NTers want to agree with it or not. This is what leads to the neanderthal in nature responses that make the headlines.
Well damn
eek.gif

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by Cz7

The overall sentiment expressed on this issue is one of obvious dissapointment in the Muslim community, and it's obvious you don't know why.
Depictions of Muhammad

The permissibility of depictions of Muhammad, the founder of Islam, has long been a concern in Islam's history. Oral and written descriptions are readily accepted by all traditions of Islam, but there is disagreement about visual depictions.[1][2]

The Qur'an does not explicitly forbid images of Muhammad, but there are a few hadith (supplemental traditions) which have explicitly prohibited Muslims from creating the visual depictions of figures under any circumstances. Most contemporary Sunni Muslims believe that visual depictions of the prophets generally should be prohibited, and they are particularly averse to visual representations of Muhammad.[3] The key concern is that the use of images can encourage idolatry, where the image becomes more important than what it represents. In Islamic art, some visual depictions only show Muhammad with his face veiled, or symbolically represent him as a flame; other images, notably from Persia of the Ilkhanate, and those made under the Ottomans, show him fully.[1]

Other Muslims have taken a more relaxed view. Most Shi'a scholars accept respectful depictions and use illustrations of Muhammad in books and architectural decoration, as have Sunnis at various points in the past.[4] However, many Muslims who take a stricter view of the supplemental traditions, will sometimes challenge any depiction of Muhammad, including those created and published by non-Muslims.[5]

You can't compare the depiction of Christ (which many Christians embrace) with the image of Mohammed, you know, like comparing apples and oranges. And to act like violence is exclusive to Muslims, wasn't an abortion doctor recently assasinated in a church in our country for performing late term abortions?

I wish people would make attempts at understanding/researching things before speaking on them.
I could really care less weather or not they accept depictions of their religious figures, that still is not justification for wanting to kill aman or supporting the desire to kill a man. If you think that justifies the radical's actions then I feel sorry for you.

Where did I act like violence is exclusive to Muslims? But one can certainly make a case that the majority of religiously motivated violence in recent historyhas been affiliated with Islam.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by Cz7

eyes.gif

Ok you say nobody died and then cite that 100 people died in riots, who do you think caused those riots? The same people who came to dude's house with an intent to KILL him. They are murderer's weather they succeeded in this incident or not. When somebody says that a man deserves to die for drawing a cartoon about a religious figure positive or not, then they are supporting religious fanaticism. Nobody should die for drawing a cartoon, obviously he wasn't making a truth claim with the cartoon it was meant to be satirical, but given the action of these so called followers it doesn't seem to miss the mark too much.

Islamic theology might about being peaceful but nothing about the history of its followers do suggest that they believe that, and that goes for most religions. Where I did I say appreciate his work? You could maybe imply that I appreciate his courage to do his work if anything, I never said I appreciate the actual cartoon.
I said the Muslim man attacking the cartoonist wasn't a murderer because he didn't kill him. The cartoonist didn't do the rioting, buthe did influence them. Which I believe makes him transitively and slightly responsible.

Don't categorize all Muslims into one group. The radical extremists, or Taliban in today's case are the ones who don't follow peace.

There are several terrorist organizations linked with Islam. I don't know many terrorist organizations linked with Judaism or Christianity, and they aren't on the news every day. It's common sense not to mess with their religion after witnessing what they(terrorists affiliated with Islam) can do on 9/11.
There are terrorist organizations linked with Christianity, and many argue that Israel as a state acts to terrorize the Palestinians. It'sall in the eye of the beholder to be honest.

But don't be swept into believing that they are not terrorist organizations just because they don't make the headlines on a regular basis. All, and Imean ALL media is bias to some level.

manufactoring-consent.jpg

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

People need to stop playing around with people religions. It is not a game.
Well, I hope by saying this you don't mean violent opposition to someone "playing around" with your religion is justified.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

By in large, the Muslim and Arab worlds are 3rd world in standard and highly uneducated people. This is fact, whether my Arab and fellow Muslim NTers want to agree with it or not. This is what leads to the neanderthal in nature responses that make the headlines.
Well damn
eek.gif
Me being Muslim, it makes me more angry to see that kind of stuff than it does non Muslims in all honesty. I can't stand seeing my religionassociated with such ignorance.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by Cz7

Depictions of Muhammad

The permissibility of depictions of Muhammad, the founder of Islam, has long been a concern in Islam's history. Oral and written descriptions are readily accepted by all traditions of Islam, but there is disagreement about visual depictions.[1][2]

The Qur'an does not explicitly forbid images of Muhammad, but there are a few hadith (supplemental traditions) which have explicitly prohibited Muslims from creating the visual depictions of figures under any circumstances. Most contemporary Sunni Muslims believe that visual depictions of the prophets generally should be prohibited, and they are particularly averse to visual representations of Muhammad.[3] The key concern is that the use of images can encourage idolatry, where the image becomes more important than what it represents. In Islamic art, some visual depictions only show Muhammad with his face veiled, or symbolically represent him as a flame; other images, notably from Persia of the Ilkhanate, and those made under the Ottomans, show him fully.[1]

Other Muslims have taken a more relaxed view. Most Shi'a scholars accept respectful depictions and use illustrations of Muhammad in books and architectural decoration, as have Sunnis at various points in the past.[4] However, many Muslims who take a stricter view of the supplemental traditions, will sometimes challenge any depiction of Muhammad, including those created and published by non-Muslims.[5]

You can't compare the depiction of Christ (which many Christians embrace) with the image of Mohammed, you know, like comparing apples and oranges. And to act like violence is exclusive to Muslims, wasn't an abortion doctor recently assasinated in a church in our country for performing late term abortions?

I could really care less weather or not they accept depictions of their religious figures, that still is not justification for wanting to kill a man or supporting the desire to kill a man. If you think that justifies the radical's actions then I feel sorry for you.

Where did I act like violence is exclusive to Muslims? But one can certainly make a case that the majority of religiously motivated violence in recent history has been affiliated with Islam.

Its whether, no weather, if you're going to keep using it use the right one.

Your initial post basically put those Muslim barbarians on one side (why was 9/11 brought up?) and rationale on the other. I'm sure you have thosewithin the faith that DID NOT support 9/11 but take offense to this cartoon.

F it, I give up.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Cz7 wrote:
I could really care less weather or not they accept depictions of their religious figures, that still is not justification for wanting to kill a man or supporting the desire to kill a man. If you think that justifies the radical's actions then I feel sorry for you.

Where did I act like violence is exclusive to Muslims? But one can certainly make a case that the majority of religiously motivated violence in recent history has been affiliated with Islam.

You are not getting the point.

Get the record straight; No one is supporting the guy's actions for trying to kill him.

We are (Or at least I am) just saying that he's an idiot for drawing up pictures of Muslims carrying bombs. What I'm saying is, the small minority ofMuslims who believe that violence is necessary are provoked by anything that mocks them or disrespects them. He is an idiot for doing exactly that.

It's common sense. After witnessing what radicals can do to countries this decade for no particular reason (NYC, Madrid, London), with the majority ofthose being tied to radical Muslims, is it still sensible to think that no radical Muslim is going to want to kill him for coming after their religion withmockery?

This majority of religiously motivated violence is indeed mostly Muslim... but this same majority is a minority in the Islamic world that is not accepted bythe majority.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Well damn
eek.gif
Me being Muslim, it makes me more angry to see that kind of stuff than it does non Muslims in all honesty. I can't stand seeing my religion associated with such ignorance.
If I were Muslim I would be absolutely sickened by this type of behavior and I sympathize with good Muslims who emphasize teachings of peace, loveand humanity instead of hate and violence.

oh boy...nobody deserves to die in the name of god.

flip side of the coin is that everybody in here trying to make it like muslims are the only ones that do stupid things are stupider by their own standards. SoJerry Falwelll (dead) and Pat Robertson are from 1st world countries but are fear and hate mongers whose words ignite their followers which sometimes leads tomurders being carried out in their name.

are you seeing the fallacy that it doesn't matter where you come from.. you will always have these problems..

and don't forget that the west wants to justify its stand in iraq and afghan for as long as possible, so the worse it makes arabs look the better. Worseatrocities are happening in china and parts of africa but the US cant drill in those countries so you will see these headlines only on democracy now and othersimilar sites.

never follow..do your research.

btw i am anti religion because of crap like this.

Back
Top Bottom