Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

It's called awareness. You make sure people that didn't, know it's a problem.

Advertising works the same way.

You make sure people know about it by putting it in their face.

So you think boycotting buying goods from whites (for two days), is going help, but protesting in this manor isn't. 

I'm not saying either will or won't help, just pointing out that those 2 protests are one in the same.

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me how marching in the street, blocking the fwy, protesting will help anything? Please enlighten me.

I can only see Blacks causing a stir and getting the right people's attention if it's eye for an eye or stop buying goods other than from blacks for at least two days, especially around the holidays.

It doesn't

People are talking about how protests aren't supposed to be limited to a certain area where they can be ignored. I disagree.

If you protest on the sidewalk in a busy area, people are going to see you, see what your about, and you'll raise awareness without being an inconvenience.

Blocking traffic, and trespassing into highways is just going to make people who might be down for the cause be turned off.

Alot of people want justice for Eric garner and support protests but don't want protests which block traffic on their commute and that's totally understandable.

I said it in the Eric Garner thread, but if you trespass illegally onto a freeway or highway, you put yourself in danger and you can't cry foul when you either accidentally get ran over by someone who can't stop fast enough, or purposely ran over by someone who asks you to move nicely a few times and you refuse and they decide to drive through you since its no way to drive around you.

iC49QsX.jpg

Can someone please explain to me how marching in the street, blocking the fwy, protesting will help anything? Please enlighten me.

I can only see Blacks causing a stir and getting the right people's attention if it's eye for an eye or stop buying goods other than from blacks for at least two days, especially around the holidays.

It doesn't

People are talking about how protests aren't supposed to be limited to a certain area where they can be ignored. I disagree.

If you protest on the sidewalk in a busy area, people are going to see you, see what your about, and you'll raise awareness without being an inconvenience.

Blocking traffic, and trespassing into highways is just going to make people who might be down for the cause be turned off.

Alot of people want justice for Eric garner and support protests but don't want protests which block traffic on their commute and that's totally understandable.

I said it in the Eric Garner thread, but if you trespass illegally onto a freeway or highway, you put yourself in danger and you can't cry foul when you either accidentally get ran over by someone who can't stop fast enough, or purposely ran over by someone who asks you to move nicely a few times and you refuse and they decide to drive through you since its no way to drive around you.

If something as menial as blocking traffic changes your mind from being down with the cause, you were never down with the cause in the first place.

I think the word you were looking for was miniscule not menial.

Menial could describe the blocking of traffic as a protest, but only if you viewed it as a lowly or degrading Form of protest, which clearly you don't.

Not clowning you just letting you know boss.

Last edited:
If something as menial as blocking traffic changes your mind from being down with the cause, you were never down with the cause in the first place.

What makes you the deciding voice to who's down with something and who isn't?

I support seeing Eric Garner getting justice and police brutality being stopped.

Blocking traffic is selfish and in some cases illegally trespassing. If someone's going to work, and a bunch of people block the road. Protest on sidewalks, in front of city hall, in front of your local congressmans house, in front of police buildings, etc. hell if you want to block traffic, you beef is with the cops, block the exit from the police station so that they can't get out.

But to possibly get someone fired from their job for being late, miss a doctors appointment or whatever is a bad look. I wouldn't feel sorry for protestors if a motorist politely asked them to move, and after being refused a few times slowly driving through them since their blocking any way of driving around them.

It doesn't

WOW :rofl: :smh:

I don't see what's wrong with what I'm saying. If your on a highway and someone accidentally runs you over you can't cry foul.

If someone intentionally runs you over, you shouldn't be blocking traffic in the first place. Maybe its od, but your running the risk of testing the wrong person who doesn't care and isn't in the mood that day.

Granted that person may or may not face legal action for intentionally running someone over but any legal punishment doesn't erase the injuries incured. I'm just being realistic about this.

Or if they want to protest and block traffic on intersections then get a permit from the city so that those streets are blocked off from motorists driving on them to avoid problems.

The protestors know that it's dangerous out there. If a trigger happy cop or national guard comes through, they'd be able to murder the protestors with absolutely no consequences. If people in the crowd get too rowdy, EVERYONE is gonna face the consequences. And yeah, if you're in the middle of a highway, some idiot might run you over. If you condone killing someone because you're late to something, I don't want to see you in rush hour or when you wake up late for work.

Again, the point is to disrupt. You seem to want the protesters out of sight which would let you and the rest of the country completely ignore them. These protesters just recently won the right to NOT get tear gassed for protesting peacefully. Protesters HAVE been getting hit by people like you. Cops and security have been extra on some days. This stuff is real and people aren't just doing it for fun.

Because he doesnt agree with this form of protest you deem him "people like you" and assume that he is against the common goal of bringing awareness to the situation.

There are many ways to wage war mrgrand15, coming at him negatively because his way of doing things is different or doesn't line up with yours is crazy, especially if he's on the same side as you man.

When you fight with people who support what you support but support it differently, the people you should be fighting have nothing to worry about, because you're too busy fighting amongst your own

Because he doesnt agree with this form of protest you deem him "people like you" and assume that he is against the common goal of bringing awareness to the situation.

There are many ways to wage war mrgrand15, coming at him negatively because his way of doing things is different or doesn't line up with yours is crazy, especially if he's on the same side as you man.

When you fight with people who support what you support but support it differently, the people you should be fighting have nothing to worry about, because you're too busy fighting amongst your own

Dude I hardly call what either one of them are saying fighting with one another let people speak how they feel.

Let me speak how I feel as you just asked.
I'm not telling anyone to shut up.

Mrgrand said "people Have been getting run over by people like you", insinuating that ceballos would run people over , JUST because he thinks protesting that way isn't the best way.

Imagine a Times Square protest on NYE where when the ball drops. You just have everyone put their hands up instead of celebrating.

It'll be on TV & EVERYTHING.

The key would not to look like a protester, because you'd promptly be removed. But when that ball drops you raise the hands.

Im not quite understanding the goal at this point. Awareness is raised. I dont think it can be raised much more. Now what?

If you're not protesting in the corner where I can easily ignore you...

Then I don't like your protest

Seems legit

The protestors know that it's dangerous out there. If a trigger happy cop or national guard comes through, they'd be able to murder the protestors with absolutely no consequences. If people in the crowd get too rowdy, EVERYONE is gonna face the consequences. And yeah, if you're in the middle of a highway, some idiot might run you over. If you condone killing someone because you're late to something, I don't want to see you in rush hour or when you wake up late for work.

Again, the point is to disrupt. You seem to want the protesters out of sight which would let you and the rest of the country completely ignore them. These protesters just recently won the right to NOT get tear gassed for protesting peacefully. Protesters HAVE been getting hit by people like you. Cops and security have been extra on some days. This stuff is real and people aren't just doing it for fun.

With all due respect, you have selective reading.

Where did I say I condone someone getting ran over. I'm just being realistic here and pointing out realistic situations. If you block traffic, you run that risk of pissing off the wrong person. They ask you to move twice and the protestors ignore then so eventually they drive through the barrier. I don't necessarily condone it, but I wouldn't feel sorry for them either because in a sense their testing that driver and assuming he's not going to drive through them.

If I go in the middle of a busy intersection holding up a sign. It could be for a legit cause or it could be for a silly reason but either way, I'm pretty much telling the drivers, "you know better then to run me over, I'm in this street and your not going to do anything about it". That's cool and all until I try the one person who isn't playing that.

You may not see it this way, but when you make people late for work, late to get home to see their kids, late to taking care of an emergency etc, your causing a problem for people who have nothing to do with the actual situation at hand. If you want to do disrupt anyone, disrupt police activities.

Where did I say I want the protestors out of site. All I said is I want them off the road and that's a reasonable request.

I encourage them to protest loudly in front of local city hall buildings, in front of their congressmans house, in front of the police station, hell if you know where some cops live, do it in front of their house, you might cause a disruption but your not blocking the road.

If your beef is with the police, go to the station 10,000 deep and block the cops from getting in or getting out. Your disrupting the people you actually have a problem with by doing so instead of affecting the average joe trying to go to work or get home to see their kids.

How hard is it to get a permit from the city to close off a few blocks so you can protest in the street. You want to ruffle feathers do that and the police will have to protect protestors while wasting manpower to do so.

Its other ways to be effective, loud, and seen without causing a significant inconvenience to people who have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

On another note, I just seen a report about how some protestors attacked and put two NYPD lieutenants in the hospital. That's a totally acceptable response because your going after who you actually have your beef with instead of inconvencing people who have nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Thank you.

Imagine a Times Square protest on NYE where when the ball drops. You just have everyone put their hands up instead of celebrating.

It'll be on TV & EVERYTHING.

The key would not to look like a protester, because you'd promptly be removed. But when that ball drops you raise the hands.

This is actually a good idea. NYE is the perfect opportunity to make a statement.

With all due respect, you have selective reading.

Where did I say I condone someone getting ran over. I'm just being realistic here and pointing out realistic situations. If you block traffic, you run that risk of pissing off the wrong person. They ask you to move twice and the protestors ignore then so eventually they drive through the barrier. I don't necessarily condone it, but I wouldn't feel sorry for them either because in a sense their testing that driver and assuming he's not going to drive through them.

If I go in the middle of a busy intersection holding up a sign. It could be for a legit cause or it could be for a silly reason but either way, I'm pretty much telling the drivers, "you know better then to run me over, I'm in this street and your not going to do anything about it". That's cool and all until I try the one person who isn't playing that.

You may not see it this way, but when you make people late for work, late to get home to see their kids, late to taking care of an emergency etc, your causing a problem for people who have nothing to do with the actual situation at hand. If you want to do disrupt anyone, disrupt police activities.

Where did I say I want the protestors out of site. All I said is I want them off the road and that's a reasonable request.

I encourage them to protest loudly in front of local city hall buildings, in front of their congressmans house, in front of the police station, hell if you know where some cops live, do it in front of their house, you might cause a disruption but your not blocking the road.

If your beef is with the police, go to the station 10,000 deep and block the cops from getting in or getting out. Your disrupting the people you actually have a problem with by doing so instead of affecting the average joe trying to go to work or get home to see their kids.

How hard is it to get a permit from the city to close off a few blocks so you can protest in the street. You want to ruffle feathers do that and the police will have to protect protestors while wasting manpower to do so.

Its other ways to be effective, loud, and seen without causing a significant inconvenience to people who have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

On another note, I just seen a report about how some protestors attacked and put two NYPD lieutenants in the hospital. That's a totally acceptable response because your going after who you actually have your beef with instead of inconvencing people who have nothing to do with it.

Defending or understanding people that run protesters over multiple times made me think that you're secretly in agreement with that kind of attempted murder. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But you really went out of your way to keep bringing up that scenario. And FYI, you keep bringing it up like it's a hypothetical. It's BEEN happening.

I understand what you're saying but all forms of protest are going to inconvenience people that aren't directly involved. It's just how it is. If you block the cops from getting out of their station, what if there's an actual emergency? If you protest in front of someone's house, you're going to inconvenience that whole neighborhood. Plus, it may not be a very public area. It's all going to disrupt. There are more inconvenient things than being stuck in traffic.

Getting a permit just sounds like a funny idea. I repeat Ferguson people RECENTLY 'won' the right to peacefully protest without getting teargassed. If you go to a mall in certain areas wearing a shirt that makes you look like a protester, they're going to kick you out. How long do you think it'll take for any city to give people a permit?

I don't get how you'd rather lieutenants be put in the hospital over people being forced to wait a while.

Mrgrand said "people Have been getting run over by people like you", insinuating that ceballos would run people over , JUST because he thinks protesting that way isn't the best way.

Absolutely untrue.

I said that because he's been defending people that would run someone over because they're late MULTIPLE times. How many times has he brought that scenario up? It's one thing to prefer that the protests be somewhere else. Or have a difference of opinion. When you bring up understanding why someone would try to murder a group of people over being late over and over and over - it makes me think that you feel that way as well. It's a slick way of communicating it but it gets the message across.

Defending or understanding people that run protesters over multiple times made me think that you're secretly in agreement with that kind of attempted murder. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But you really went out of your way to keep bringing up that scenario. And FYI, you keep bringing it up like it's a hypothetical. It's BEEN happening.

I understand what you're saying but all forms of protest are going to inconvenience people that aren't directly involved. It's just how it is. If you block the cops from getting out of their station, what if there's an actual emergency? If you protest in front of someone's house, you're going to inconvenience that whole neighborhood. Plus, it may not be a very public area. It's all going to disrupt. There are more inconvenient things than being stuck in traffic.

Getting a permit just sounds like a funny idea. I repeat Ferguson people RECENTLY 'won' the right to peacefully protest without getting teargassed. If you go to a mall in certain areas wearing a shirt that makes you look like a protester, they're going to kick you out. How long do you think it'll take for any city to give people a permit?

I don't get how you'd rather lieutenants be put in the hospital over people being forced to wait a while.
your reaching and making assumptions on the first part.  i'm not defending or understanding anything.  i'm being a realist.   you block traffic, you run that risk or pushing the wrong persons buttons.   most people will just stop and take the L and call their job and let them know what's up.  however you run the risk of trying the wrong person and them not playing that and running you over and like i said. it may be od, but if someone tells you to move a few times and their operating a moving vehicle, the reality of the situation is that they hold the trump card and have the power to run your *** over.    i won't condone it but i won't condem it either.  

on the second part.  that may be true.   but your going after who your actual beef is with instead of affecting people who have nothing to do with it.  zimmerman is still alive and chilling, as is darren wilson, as is the cop in the eric garner case.    no one has even touched any of them.  people are foolishly blocking roads.  why not do that in front of the people who donated to fund these guys and pay their legal fees?

on the permit part.  we've seen the klan get permits to hold rally's.   we've seen khalid muhammad get permits to hold rally's where he encouraged violence against cops.  (before anyone reaches i'm not comparing the protestors here to either of them) but i'm saying that groups who go against the grain are able to get permits.  if you go in a mall wearing a shirt saying "i can't breathe" why would they kick you out?   it's one thing if you physically start stuff with someone or prevent them from entering a store but if your protesting peacefully, they have no grounds to kick you out.

for the last part.  the protestors beef is with law enforcement, not with everyday citizens.  those cops are guilty by association.  i have no problem with cops getting hurt because we've seen enough videos of the cops overstepping their boundaries.    at this point, me being late for work is more important then a cops life.  

Absolutely untrue.

I said that because he's been defending people that would run someone over because they're late MULTIPLE times. How many times has he brought that scenario up? It's one thing to prefer that the protests be somewhere else. Or have a difference of opinion. When you bring up understanding why someone would try to murder a group of people over being late over and over and over - it makes me think that you feel that way as well. It's a slick way of communicating it but it gets the message across.
why are you reaching for?

where have i defended it?  

i'm just being realistic.   if i go in the middle of a busy intersection and intentionally block traffic for whatever reason.  be it activist reasons or just to be a jerk,  i have no reason to cry foul when someone isn't in the mood for any of that and decides to push through me.  your reasoning is based off emotions, i'm trying to look at this from a real life perspective.

again, the person who runs me over may or may not get charged.  it's not a guarantee.   

what is a guarantee though is that a moving vehicle running me over is going to hurt and have lasting effects regardless if that driver gets charged or not.  

look at things from a realist perspective. 

Absolutely untrue.

That makes more sense after you explained your point of view as opposed to me just reading it.

I have to admit I got a bit defensive in this instance because I've seen so many times in here where a simple disagreement brings out the SWS and name calling.

When you said "people like you" I immediately felt like the thread was about to jump on dude like he was against the cause just because..

Again, I've seen it too many times, either you agree in whole with the majority or boom, SWS.

For what it's worth I do appreciate you explaining that because one, I know you didn't have to and two, it makes more sense why you said what you said or felt that way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom