Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

You keep saying there's no leadership, why does there need to be a face to the movement? Having Jesse Jackson or an Al Sharpton type would do a lot more harm than good. It'd just be a way to have a scapegoat if the things these people are working for don't end up happening.

The most successful movements in this country's history have been done organically and at a grass roots level first. Just look at Obama getting elected, that was just 6 years ago. There are clear goals and leadership by various groups in this movement, it has to be at the local and state levels first because that's where the change is needed most. If you fail to acknowledge them because they don't meet some mythical standard of what a movement is, that's on you. To criticize the work that people are doing (students, clergy, politicians, various groups of every day men and women of all races in their own communities where these things are happening) as somehow not being enough and characterizing it as just another Occupy Wall Street movement is misguided in my opinion.
1. The most successful grassroots movement in the last 30 years was the Tea party... they were organized

2. Obama getting elected was organized by one of the biggest political parties in US politics, Democrats

3. Have leadership does not mean putting in Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson... that's like claiming countries don't need leaders because Hitler was a bad leader

4. The typical criteria for successful political influence is not based on "mythical standards" ...its is a commonly studied and cited metric throughout history. 

5. "Clear goals and leadership by various groups in this movement" = many different goals and differing leadership structure = unclear goals and undefined leadership

What legislation should I be looking at supporting nationally/locally?

What politicians are supporting the cause?

What measures are being proposed?

What organization is controlling the donations?

What organization is planning the protests?

What organization is holding meetings on political considerations in my area?

These questions have to have clear cut answers for all who are involved/want to be involved.....

Running out onto the freeway requires less work tho....

Last edited:
i agree with that last part.     i remember people saying zimmerman was a dead man walking,  same has and is being said about darren wilson, and about this cop here and ultimately all 3 are just chilling somewhere.   maybe their stressed that someone might come after them one day, maybe their not, but if one of those 3 or someone who commits a similar injustice gets killed by someone else as retribution, then that changes the ballgame and does way more then any protests will.   

hell it doesn't have to be limited to those cops.   the people who contributed to someone like darren wilson's legal funds are guilty as well.

if something violent happens to either of the choices i mentioned, it makes people realize there are real consequences for their actions. 

think about it,  people raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to fund or support zimmerman and darren wilson.    if their dumb enough to put a name behind the donation then they should be a target if people can't get to zimmerman or either of the 2 cops.  

The people that are most outraged by this have been trying to take the peaceful route. Its all been very peaceful even if the media says otherwise. It's only a matter of time before another Dorner pops up tho.

1. The most successful grassroots movement in the last 30 years was the Tea party... they were organized

2. Obama getting elected was organized by one of the biggest political parties in US politics, Democrats

3. Have leadership does not mean putting in Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson... that's like claiming countries don't need leaders because Hitler was a bad leader

4. The typical criteria for successful political influence is not based on "mythical standards" ...its is a commonly studied and cited metric throughout history. 

5. "Clear goals and leadership by various groups in this movement" = many different goals and differing leadership structure = unclear goals and undefined leadership

What legislation should I be looking at supporting nationally/locally?

What politicians are supporting the cause?

What measures are being proposed?

What organization is controlling the donations?

What organization is planning the protests?

What organization is holding meetings on political considerations in my area?

These questions have to have clear cut answers for all who are involved/want to be involved.....

Running out onto the freeway requires less work tho....
very well said.

and to answer mambas part about the occupy wall street comparison.  the similarities are there.

occupy wall street had a spark when it started and had potential but lack of leadership was a crippling flaw. 

look at protests in other countries that were ultimately successful.  they couldn''t fail.  overly oppressive governments, having their internet be censored and being spied upon if they tried to revolt. the possibility that the police might take them away just because and/or do something to their families etc.   the minute they started, if it failed it was a wrap for them.   the desperation was real.

like i said, things are screwed up here, but nowhere near that level.   if things don't work, people still have to deal with the inconveinece of an overly aggressive police force, but compare that to what would happen in other countries if their movements failed.

what's going on now though has potential.  seeing professional athletes rocking i can't breathe shirts during warmups and seeing the jimmies getting rustled by people over the rams doing the hands up don't shoot gesture, and same with dude on the browns yesterday,  people are starting to notice what's going on.  there's a ton of potential with things here.   

The people that are most outraged by this have been trying to take the peaceful route. Its all been very peaceful even if the media says otherwise. It's only a matter of time before another Dorner pops up tho.
i take the media with a grain of salt.   is there probably some knuckleheads at protests being overly aggressive and trying to start stuff with people?  probably, but if so, it's a small percentage and is no means a reflection of the entire group of people.   i'm aware they have been peaceful.

i've been adamant that i don't agree with them peacefully blocking highways and traffic though.   there's nothing wrong with wanting justice and wanting people out and about and protesting where they are visible and can be seen and heard. i just don't agree with blocking traffic.  like mentioned earlier, a mass peaceful protest during the new years eve festivities around times square would be awesome.  it would be tough to get a group of people all in there at the same place, but if it were to happen it would be an awesome site to see.

regarding the dorner situation. if it happens, it happens.  i wouldn't be surprised.   if some of the people who got it were those who funded darren wilson or darren wilson himself i would be totally fine with it. 

I heard this on a radio show last night and thought it really hit home.

"Black lives only matter when they're taken by whites"

Where's the outrage over the black on black murders in Chicago and other urban areas? It vastly outnumbers the amount of blacks being killed by cops.

Well my point is that there are vastly more blacks being killed by other blacks then blacks being killed by cops. The numbers aren't even close.

Where's the outrage over the black on black murders in Chicago and other urban areas? It vastly outnumbers the amount of blacks being killed by cops.
here we go again with the 'what about black on black crime?!?!?' retread deflection tactic...

When black people kill black people, THEY GO TO JAIL.  When white cops or white vigilantes do it, they get a paid vacation and the status of hero by white supremacists.

It's like you go away and grab a bunch of Fox News Quotables then come back and think you're going to shut something down. :lol:

1. The biggest reason behind crime is economic situation. The next is Proximity. You commit crimes against those who are nearest you. I think I've already broke down the black-black crime rate is a media story, and that whites kill each other at almost the same clip.

Do you go to Tokyo and complain about Japanese on Japanese crime? Do you go to Bombay and complain about Indian on Indian crime? How about in London and look at European on European crime?

no.

2. Black gangs and police officers (who are vowing to protect and serve) shouldn't be held to the same standard

3. When black people kill each other, they go to jail.

4. There actually are focus groups addressing the crime in the black community.

*waits for you to come back in 5 days w/ more Bill O'Reilly talking points*

Black on black crime is a problem, but it doesn't make police killing blacks any less of a problem. Also, not to say one type of killing is worse than another because they're all very bad, but police are an institution put in place to serve and protect citizens of a community equally regardless of color or creed, paid for by those very citizens' tax dollars. They should operate at a higher standard than the typical citizen. So from that perspective it can be argued that them treating citizens differently based on color is worse than black on black crime because it's their duty and obligation to treat all people fairly and justly.

Last edited:
Well my point is that there are vastly more blacks being killed by other blacks then blacks being killed by cops. The numbers aren't even close.
What does that have to do with unarmed people being shot and choked out?

Last edited:

There are far more white people getting killed by alcohol companies as opposed to Middle Eastern Terrorists groups and Ebola...

And yet... White people made a HUGE fuss abou that...

Why arent white people protesting alcohol companies?

Alcohol companies kill more than those groups... The numbers arent even close.

There has been a ton of outrage on black on black crime. Many local leaders in those communities setup after school programs to keep kids off the streets, you have former gang members campaigning other gangs to stop the violence. Local churches and other groups actively speak out against the violence. The NAACP and Al Sharpton have had anti violence seminars in Chicago just this year. Even the president started the My Brother's Keeper program that Republicans like blco02 vehemently opposed. I find the deflection tactics almost embarrassing in their transparency.

There are far more white people getting killed by alcohol companies as opposed to Middle Eastern Terrorists groups and Ebola...

And yet... White people made a HUGE fuss abou that...

Why arent white people protesting alcohol companies?

Alcohol companies kill more than those groups... The numbers arent even close.

Talk about a diversion tactic...

Are you going to answer the question?

Why aren't white people protesting alcohol companies? White people aren't protesting anything.

Black people are protesting the fact that Michael Brown and Eric Garner were killed when vastly more black people are killed by other blacks every day in this country.

Last edited:
Why aren't white people protesting alcohol companies? White people aren't protesting anything.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...overage-changed-after-midterms_n_6185146.html

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/health/ebola-2014

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola/

White people dont need to protest because people protest when they're systemic injustices. There are no systemic issues facing white people in this country

but they do make a fuss about something...

white people protest obama outside the white house

sooo.. water we talking about?

Last edited:

Black people are protesting the fact that Michael Brown and Eric Garner were killed when vastly more black people are killed by other blacks every day in this country.

If you don't bother reading the responses to your stupid points, why even post?

Look, my group of stalkers is back at it. The same characters always come out of the woodwork and attack me when I post :lol:

It's like you go away and grab a bunch of Fox News Quotables then come back and think you're going to shut something down. :lol:

1. The biggest reason behind crime is economic situation. The next is Proximity. You commit crimes against those who are nearest you. I think I've already broke down the black-black crime rate is a media story, and that whites kill each other at almost the same clip.

Do you go to Tokyo and complain about Japanese on Japanese crime? Do you go to Bombay and complain about Indian on Indian crime? How about in London and look at European on European crime?

no.

2. Black gangs and police officers (who are vowing to protect and serve) shouldn't be held to the same standard

3. When black people kill each other, they go to jail.

4. There actually are focus groups addressing the crime in the black community.

*waits for you to come back in 5 days w/ more Bill O'Reilly talking points*

Just gonna leave this here since blco and every other person that makes the black and black crime point doesn't understand this.

Last edited:
Look, my group of stalkers is back at it. The same characters always come out of the woodwork and attack me when I post :lol:

Please dont try to run away from the questions.

Water we talking about here?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom