Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

123/44.5m = 2.76%
326/245m = 1.33 % , i took out the exponents , but from his own numbers you can see blacks get killed by police at almost double the rate. You notice how he leaves out the total population of whites in the us after reading the 326 number . But this could be from many different factors , but just from the numbers you can see why people believe they are being targeted more , and technically there not wrong

If you're going to go by % of the population, then also look at the murder numbers. There are 5 times more whites than blacks in the country. Do blacks commit 20% of the number of murders of whites? No, they commit 122% of the number of murders by whites. 122%. Not 20%.

That's why they are involved in more police killings.

im glad the NFL took a stand and said that they werent going to punish the Rams players. they also said that they support them.

nthat.gif

So proud of the rams, so proud of that 11% drop in black friday sales.

It doesn't seem like it, but we are winning.

If you're going to go by % of the population, then also look at the murder numbers. There are 5 times more whites than blacks in the country. Do blacks commit 20% of the number of murders of whites? No, they commit 122% of the number of murders by whites. 122%. Not 20%.

That's why they are involved in more police killings.

try again, buddy.

my post from another thread

The violent crime rate in highly disadvantaged Black areas was 22 per 1,000 residents, not much different from the 20 per 1,000 rate in similar white communities.

meaning that all things being equal from a socioeconomic standpoint... the murder rate is the same.

(from wikipedia)

total black population: 45M
poor % of blacks: 27.1
poor # of blacks: 12.4M

total white population: 223M
poor % of whites: 9
poor # of whites: 20m

(from uniform crime rates 2012) click here for article

# of black murders by black people: 2,412
# of white murders by white people: 2,614

so when you compare it to TOTAL population... yes, it may SEEM like its a MUCH higher rate...

black: 2.4K / 45M = .0053%
white: 2.6k / 223M = .0012%

which means from a TOTAL perspective... you're 4.5x as likely to be murdered if you're a black person.

but when you look at the POOR population..

black: 2.4k / 12.4M = .019%
white 2.6 / 20M = .013

which means from a POOR perspective... you're 1.4x as likely to be murdered if you're a black person...

THAT'S HOW STATS GET SKEWED... take into consideration that blacks get convicted at a substantially higher rate than whites, and that will bring the rate down even more.

this was quick and dirty math that comes REALLY close to the 20 out of 100k and 22 out of 100k that was in the article i quoted (22/20 = 1.1)

fontaine fontaine

Would rep but I'm out.

blco02 blco02

Get that hate out ya heart!

No hate! Just facts. I don't hate anyone, usually it's the people accusing others of hate that have the most hate in their heart. All I'm doing is posting objective statistics and you accuse me of hate?

Fonatine all that seems pretty contrived to me. It seems like you're only talking about black on black murder and white on white murder by poor people only. I will post my facts again which I don't know how you can dispute.

Police killings of blacks are down 70% in the last 50 years.

In 2012, 123 blacks were killed by police with a gun. In the same year 326 whites were killed by police with a gun.

In 2013, blacks committed 5,375 murders. In 2013, whites committed 4,396 murders. Whites are 63% of the population, blacks are 13%.

So math any 3rd grader can do is contrived yet the numbers your posting with no context are facts. Yeah, ok.

So math any 3rd grader can do is contrived yet the numbers your posting with no context are facts. Yeah, ok.

Dat SWS math.

Dude completely ignored everything Ricky posted. Again murder is more associated with poverty than race. Where I live at, PG country, is a perfect example of that.

Last edited:
im not understanding how its blown out of proportion?

In 2012, 123 blacks were killed by police with a gun. In the same year 326 whites were killed by police with a gun.

There's no additional context needed for those numbers. Those are the facts. There are not mass killings of blacks by cops. It's pretty rare which is why is such an outrage when it does happen.

Who said there were mass killings ever though? Nobody that I can remember. The main points that people have been making over and over in here is that an inordinate amount of blacks have been killed by police (mostly white) with either NO reporting or NO reprocussions or accountability which is what this whole damn movement at its core is about. That and the other underlying issues between police and community in general.

Last edited:

im not understanding how its blown out of proportion?

There's no additional context needed for those numbers. Those are the facts. There are not mass killings of blacks by cops. It's pretty rare which is why is such an outrage when it does happen.
there is no reliable national data on how many people have been shot by police officers because police departments are not required to submit data, which makes statistics such as yours incomplete and thus anything but fact. except for the fact that you are delusional for believing there was accurate statistics on this subject from the 50's, the ******* 50's!

No hate! Just facts. I don't hate anyone, usually it's the people accusing others of hate that have the most hate in their heart. All I'm doing is posting objective statistics and you accuse me of hate?

Fonatine all that seems pretty contrived to me. It seems like you're only talking about black on black murder and white on white murder by poor people only. I will post my facts again which I don't know how you can dispute.

In 2013, blacks committed 5,375 murders. In 2013, whites committed 4,396 murders. Whites are 63% of the population, blacks are 13%.

how is it contrived? :lol:

this isnt calculus math. It's simple division to get to percentages and ratios.

also, that post was in response to "black on black crime"

the murder rate of black on black people is 86%...

white on white is 82%...

so, even if we assign the full 100% of murders to those stats, they actually favor black people MORE because the gap is 40 basis points smaller...

*google'd bill oreilly, and these exact stats popped up*

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/08/police-shootings-ferguson-race-data

Perhaps not surprisingly, law enforcement agencies don't keep very good stats on incidents that turn deadly. In short, it's a mystery exactly how many Americans are shot by the police every year.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reporting program records that 410 people were killed in justifiable homicides by police in 2012. While the FBI collects information on the victims' race, it does not publish the overall racial breakdown.

The CDC's cause-of-death data, based on death certificates collected at the state level, also reveals a profound racial disparity among the victims of police shootings. Between 1968 and 2011, black people were between two to eight times more likely to die at the hands of law enforcement than whites. Annually, over those 40 years, a black person was on average 4.2 times as likely to get shot and killed by a cop than a white person. The disparity dropped to 2-to-1 between 2003 and 2009, lower than the 4-to-1 disparity shown in the BJS data over those same years. The CDC's database of emergency room records also shows similar racial disparities among those injured by police.

last quote, they did some cross referencing... to get to the numbers... and it shows you're STILL more likely to get killed by a police officer if you're black compared to if your white...

and this is by the MILLIONS... adjusting for poor population, and you'd get an even bigger gap.

also... I'm quoting everything i paste with links to the website so that you can check the numbers yourself.

I have sources...

You get your stats from Bill O"reilly...

The same guy that called Beyounce a thug, grew up in a segregated neighborhood, and thinks that black people are in the position they are because of their own wrongdoing.

:rofl:

you sound so silly right now. It's easy to tear your arguments apart...

I need some real SWS's... this guys fraudin'...

:lol:

also... I'm quoting everything i paste with links to the website so that you can check the numbers yourself.

I have sources...

You get your stats from Bill O"reilly...

The same guy that called Beyounce a thug, grew up in a segregated neighborhood, and thinks that black people are in the position they are because of their own wrongdoing.

:rofl:

you sound so silly right now. It's easy to tear your arguments apart...

I need some real SWS's... this guys fraudin'...

:lol:

Bill O'Reilly posted official government statistics. Are you saying they're wrong? I believe they came from the FBI, I'll double check later. It's hard to tear my argument apart when all it is is based on official numbers.

Update - They came from the Center for Juvenile and Criminal Justice and the FBI.

Last edited:
Bill O'Reilly posted official government statistics. Are you saying they're wrong? I believe they came from the FBI, I'll double check later. It's hard to tear my argument apart when all it is is based on official numbers.

Update - They came from the Center for Juvenile and Criminal Justice and the FBI.

i guess you just gonna skip over this though....

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reporting program records that 410 people were killed in justifiable homicides by police in 2012. While the FBI collects information on the victims' race, it does not publish the overall racial breakdown.

so again... where are you getting official numbers from?

can you please link me to where you're getting racial breakdown of police violence?

Last edited:

since you post the same things over and over...

let me give it a try...

maybe some color added so you'll get it... and make it bigger .... and underline...

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reporting program records that 410 people were killed in justifiable homicides by police in 2012. While the FBI collects information on the victims' race, it does not publish the overall racial breakdown

Back
Top Bottom