Pondering If I Made The Right Decision?

Originally Posted by crcballer55

The real question should be where could you get the best education for what you're paying, not where you would feel most comfortable. Although it's fun being able to tell old stories with your old college buddies several decades down the road, ultimately the quality of your education is what is going to matter once you get out of school. That is the benchmark you should be using to determine whether or not the move is worth it.

#church

Originally Posted by UnCalled4Boy

Learn To Do Things On Your Own. Sometimes Being Among Friends Can/Will Hold You Back.
Always good to see a fellow Terp on here but listen to this man here.  One of my biggest regrets is not going to school out of state (more specifically, in the south).  Everyone I knew had a hell of an experience and when I visited their schools I felt like I was missing out.  A major reason why I chose UMD was because everyone from my HS class said they weren't going there but low and behold I'm seeing these fools left and right. 

While I met some new people I mainly stuck around the guys I knew and it was bittersweet.  We had some great times but definitely feel more could have been had had I stepped out of my comfort zone.

You made the right choice OP.  At the very least you wont be stuck wondering what could have been... 

I made the move from Seattle to U of Texas. It's dope down here, but it's definitely not home. Miss the homies and the bud amongst other things. It is what is though..just tryna finish school and +%!@*. Seattle ftw.

Thanks all for the honest responses you know its true 2 semesters down here and I have already learned a lot about myself being more on my own. To whomever said born alone die alone this is very true but unfortunately something I have not come to grips with as far as living it like its the truth. I know in highschool I was supposed to go to a different school but i transferred to the highschool that I was originally gonna go to with all my boys and I always wondered "what if?" it probably would have been so much different maybe even better. So I knew I had to go for it I didnt want to wonder what if on this decision. Sometimes even with friends in a new a place you still feel alone I guess which is what drove me to post this. But to hear from other people who have experienced it helps with my outlook on the future. Its like theres still some clarity out there I need on life that I might not find here either though.

Back
Top Bottom