Porsche Macan - Live at the LA Auto Show

These will be the new best selling Porsche.

Last edited:
It is suppose to be a smaller Cayenne, initially I thought it suppose to be the new entry level Porsche to compete with a GLK and X3 but according to reports the starting price will be $52k in the US but the Cayenne stats at $49k already so a smaller CUV type is more expensive than the bigger SUV version? Just seems weird the route Porsche is taking. Like the Boxer costing less than the Cayman, usually it's the convertible version that cost more.

Ok so Imma take this time to ask if Im the only one that thinks some cars just lookldope dirty.

This is one. I am impressed.

It is suppose to be a smaller Cayenne, initially I thought it suppose to be the new entry level Porsche to compete with a GLK and X3 but according to reports the starting price will be $52k in the US but the Cayenne stats at $49k already so a smaller CUV type is more expensive than the bigger SUV version? Just seems weird the route Porsche is taking. Like the Boxer costing less than the Cayman, usually it's the convertible version that cost more.

A smaller cayenne that's more expensive. Porsche doin it wrong with this one unless this one has some amazing features and stats.

The new Macan is based on the Audi Q5, though it shares little in terms of styling and interior layout with Audi’s SUV.

For power, a 3.6-liter V6 turbocharged engine with 400 hp will sit atop the range, while the the Porsche Macan S will get a supercharged 335-hp 3.0-liter V6. A diesel is also said to be available, making 254 hp and 428 lb-ft of torque. A base Macan outfitted with a small four-cylinder engine will also be available.

From what I understand, the $52k is the base price for the V6 so the 4-cylinder version might come out later for a cheaper price?

Porsche CEO Matthias Mueller on the Macans launch strategy:

"we will adopt a top-down approach for the Macan, which will be launched exclusively with six-cylinder models, followed by four-cylinder petrol and diesel powerplants down the track."

“It will have six cylinders at the beginning, and we have an option also to do four-cylinder models during the lifecycle.”

It is smaller but will be more powerful than the current base Cayenne (300hp).

I like em, but after getting in the VW Toureg, i've been won over by that mid size suv.

I like this. I like that they're making it powerful and hopefully lighter. They can do no wrong lately. The new Caymans :smh:

Interesting. A Porsche hatch opens them up to a whole new market - a lot nicer than a 1 series (but a whole lot more expensive so I guess it's in a different league).

That would be much more useful than a 911 and not huge like a Cayenne.

I like it a lot. 14/15 is gonna be soo good for the auto industry imo.

Last edited:
We don't drive Macans, we give em to baby mammas.

Right?

I'd maybe get one if I wanted to do some badge flossing.

porsche has a rep for charging more for less

looks pretty nice.

really want to see this in person...

Im STILL on the fence about the panamera .

Def more sportier than the cayman, but curious to see if the scale is more reminiscent of a wagon crossover or a compact SUV like the X3

Back
Top Bottom