possible Nike.Com Jordan restock tomorrow (4/19) at 10am???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three children guessed the number of jelly beans in a jar.The guesses were 98,137 and 164.None of the guesses was correct.One guess was off by 12,another by 27 and the third by 39.How many jelly beans were in the jar ?

Would be funny to see shoes sell out in 5+ hours if they used these types of questions 
laugh.gif
Evilside would have early answers tho

Haha id actually be fine with this since I'd be awake anyways and I suppose less folks on the site. It'd be nice if it was just the NT fam on the site lol. Knowing my luck I'd probably still strike out.
lol I would LOVE if they actually pulled a stunt like that. And bruh, we would all prosper if it happened. There would be no striking out for the the NT family lol

I just thought this was funny and simply fitting for this thread, don't know who this guy is but I guess some of you youtube type dudes do...

Last edited:
I just thought this was funny and simply fitting for this thread, don't know who this guy is but I guess some of you youtube type dudes do...

We are different though, we are camping online in nice, comfortable homes waiting for these shoes lol I see what he's getting at though. But I mean if I saw some royals for only $100 above retail, they'd be in my closet RIGHT NOW.

What does ES do for a living? New to the restock threads but the dude provides on twitter and ig as well as here. I love it
98 - x = a

137 - y = a

164 - z = a

Add them up to solve a system of linear equations:

399 - (x + y + z) = 3a

We know the difference from each number and we can add those differences together to get:

(x + y + z) = 78

without really caring about the actual values of x or y or z

399 - 78 = 3a 

321 = 3a

a = 321 / 3

a = 107

My initial answer of 159 was from a mistake with my signage (forgot to pull the negative in front of x, y, and z).

I was doing it all on paper.

Last edited:

98 - x = a

137 - y = a

164 - z = a

399 - (x + y + z) = 3a

We know the difference from each number and we can add those differences together to get:

(x + y + z) = 78

399 - 78 = 3a 

321 = 3a

a = 321 / 3

a = 107

My initial answer of 159 was from a mistake with my signage (forgot to pull the negative in front of x, y, and z).

i got 107 but the issue im having is the way it was described. "off" doesnt indicate the direction of the error but if you assume they were all under the total then 107 can work

i got 107 but the issue im having is the way it was described. "off" doesnt indicate the direction of the error but if you assume they were all under the total then 107 can work
but its not and the answer is 125 i.e. common sense + basic math skills >>>>>>>>algebra 

98 - x = a

137 - y = a

164 - z = a

399 - (x + y + z) = 3a

(x + y + z) = 78

399 - 78 = 3a 

321 = 3a

a = 321 / 3

a = 107

i guess it depends on how you view it.  i would assume 159 gives you the answer if you view the difference the opposite way.

good luck using common sense with coding.

let me know how many pairs of shoes that **** gets you.
i aint bout that life i generally get just about everything I want either way EXTREMELY limited releases aside but the only one of those Ive ever really wanted were galaxy foams and the hi tops from the champ pack 
eyes.gif

(x + y + z) = 78
is that the part that's wrong? because 125 is the answer if you check it. Just don't know how to get it without the common sense/trial and error method

Last edited:
welp, back tracking the numbers dont give you the guesses with 159 or 107.

scratching my head at why my
algebra has failed me.

ill admit to being wrong here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom