Possible yellowing solution...

Was kind of hoping no one would stumble upon that site.
eyes.gif

Haven't tried it, but I'm sure it works since it uses the same concept of UV that Sea Glow utilizes.

Hmm, interesting! I could see this working on the backtab of the IIIs & what have previously been problem areas like that. Good find, now we just needsomeone to test it out.
You should post this in the maintenance thread, it could be useful

Originally Posted by dalyte1

Was kind of hoping no one would stumble upon that site.
eyes.gif

Haven't tried it, but I'm sure it works since it uses the same concept of UV that Sea Glow utilizes.

get the effffff out!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's talking about plastic not rubber. But if it works that would be sweet.

DONT DO IT!!!!

I wouldn't recommend it. This product is specifically formulated for hard plastics which consist of very stiff polymers linked in long chains. In syntheticrubber soles the polymers are specifically formulated for elasticity. The chains are long but not as stiff. The chemical is very harsh on rubber and easilywill degrade the quality of rubber on Translucent Soled Shoes like XI's, VI's and so on. We tried it at school as part of my synthetic chemistry classand it didn't work to say the least.

How about preventing yellowing?

Clean your soles with dish wash soap and water after every wear. Dish wash soap helps against grease, and dirt that cause yellowing on your clear soles. Wipeoff the excess with a towel or cloth, cover your shoes with a clean shirt while the shoes dry, so that the light won't hit them.

Once the shoes are dry, put them away in the box, store in a dark place like your closet with silica packets outside the shoe box, not inside.

Haven't had a problem as of yet in the last 10 years or so that I've been buying shoes.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

How about preventing yellowing?

Clean your soles with dish wash soap and water after every wear. Dish wash soap helps against grease, and dirt that cause yellowing on your clear soles. Wipe off the excess with a towel or cloth, cover your shoes with a clean shirt while the shoes dry, so that the light won't hit them.

Once the shoes are dry, put them away in the box, store in a dark place like your closet with silica packets outside the shoe box, not inside.

Haven't had a problem as of yet in the last 10 years or so that I've been buying shoes.

Thats exactly what I do
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom