Post moments that changed your outlook on life...

Only when I'm up late do I think of this kind of stuff but what moments happened in your life that changed you forever? I remember a couple years back I was complaining to a friend about how my mom had been hounding me for days about various things around the house complaining to him and he just resonded "be happy you have a mom" because his mom had passed at a young age. Something about that hit home for me and since then I've been trying my best to cooperate with my mom and help out as much as possible. Seeing my cousin lose her mom to cancer put it into perspective what if that was my mom in the casket and not my aunt? Seeing my cousin crying made me realize how much I love my parents.

So NT any life changing moments you'd like to spare? Something slightly inspirational would be nice with so much negatiity going on right now it's hard to stay positive or based out here.

I was rollin real hard, and realized that life is beautiful and only worth enjoiying. .

Let go of anger, let go of greed, let go of jealousy. . Just be

Mind has been blown since then.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

I was rollin real hard, and realized that life is beautiful and only worth enjoiying. .

2007_10_haight-hippie.jpg

K bro

Originally Posted by lol

K bro

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ekon one

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Wrapped my car around a tree, still don't know if it changed me for better or for worse

Curious, please elaborate.

I collided head on with a tree at about 60mph with no seatbelt on and made it without a scratch...life just hasn't been the same since

Originally Posted by lol

K bro
he's right tho
lebowski.jpg

Just recently my perspective on life has changed a lot. I recently visited the Philippines for the first time and couldn't believe how much poverty there was. It was everywhere and coming back to the states just made me realize how lucky i am and the majority of Americans are. I saw a young kid, at most four years old playing in the gas station naked, only good thing about it was he doesn't know any better and looked like he was having a good time playing. Coming back it made me rethink my outlook on a lot of things and how little i have to complain about. Seeing people here complain about the dumbest and most pointless $$#@ pisses me off now.

Old rich white dude that will remain nameless told me "You're wasting your time in college its nothing but a factory" (Im still in school part time tho)

Oh and flipping my car 3 times and coming out of it without a scratch and 2 of the people in the truck that hit me died.

Went to a field trip to SF's China Town back in middle school, while walking with my classmates along the side walk an old man grab me by my shoulder and touched my face saying, "OH, to be young again!" Everyone laughed and I kind of just smiled but I had realized that I'm going to be old one day wishing I was young again.

The moment when I was like 9 or 10 and realized how sick the current cycle of society is; education system, economic system, getting a job/having a career, etc. When I digested how unimportant it was looking back I gotta say it really was the seed planted for why I can be so apathetic to certain things. Made it so I can easily detach myself from a situation, view it from a different perspective, remain open minded, and see the bigger picture.

Hitting rock bottom and having nobody besides family to rely on

Going back to Jamaica and seeing people be happy and making the best of it with the little bit that they have

Knowing college kids who graduated with degrees and are broke and in debt

The mere fact that it's possible we may be the ONLY living species in all of the universe.

Knowing one day the Earth will no longer exist, and all its success and failures will be erased forever.

Originally Posted by cartune

Old rich white dude that will remain nameless told me "You're wasting your time in college its nothing but a factory" (Im still in school part time tho)

Oh and flipping my car 3 times and coming out of it without a scratch and 2 of the people in the truck that hit me died.
eek.gif
Glad you made it out ok...

nothing really, had my near death experience. i almost died but that's not going to change me. just do what makes you happy and eff everyone else and don't trust people who don't deserve it.

For real though, i'm still waiting for that moment to come. Been sittin at a standstill for a while now. Don't know what i'm going to do

The moment I slammed OC for the first and only time.
frown.gif
I promised myself that I wouldnever touch a needle again and I haven't even done hard drugs since that day. Real ++$$.

Originally Posted by ekon one

Wrapped my car around a tree, still don't know if it changed me for better or for worse

Curious, please elaborate.

I collided head on with a tree at about 60mph with no seatbelt on and made it without a scratch...life just hasn't been the same since
That's wild dude, I had a buddy of mine was coming through my crib in the early AM a few years back, dude was going 80/90 around this part of my road that has a slight right turn. He fished-tailed and slammed his car into a tree facing forward and flip his car completely upside down. He ended up being fine, though he did have a scratch on his stomach because a branch pierced through his sun roof and scratched up his side. One of the most terrifying phone calls I've ever received even though he said he was fine, just upside down. Dude called me before 911 and I ended up calling 911 when I got to the scene. His view on life changed and so did mine, I've never seen my buddy cry, but he was bawlin his eyes out when his mother came in and it was just me, his mom, and him in the hospital room; when the gravity hit that he was alive with no serious injuries considering we knew a kid that recently got into a car accident and is now a paraplegic.
He wasn't wearing a seatbelt, my buddy was...

Other than that story, eating mushrooms changed my view on life as well as myself... its like that personal safety bubble that was around you just popped and you saw how things really are about yourself and life around you 

To quote

YouMadYouBad:

Back
Top Bottom