Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER CLOTHING (pics)...............

Any suggestions for jeans that are in the $50-$150. I've looked at hyper denim and I've looked at represent clo. I also looked at All Saints but wasn't really interested. I know the price is obviously pretty low as far as fashion goes, but I want to save my money for sneakers. At this point, I would feel weird paying a couple hundred dollars most likely even more for a pair of SLP jeans. But I've gotta start somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Naked and famous are good for that price ... Definitely have to get massive opening tailored.

Or spend $50 more and get acnes

That's not how it works Alp, he makes small batches to insure selling out to create the appearance of more demand then there really is. A lot of brands do this including Fear of God. Also Amiri's jeans already cost 900 for the MX1 and 1100 for the MX2, Python instead of leather is going to make the price closer to $1500.

I love Python and they are tempting.... The white Python jacket is insane! If it's under 3 grand I might be forced to cop it, but it will probably be closer to 5.

Yea that's what I figured, it's actually a good route to go in order to create the perception. And that python leather is fire, I don't see other fashion houses doing python leathers like that

For the jeans alternative is Embellish. I don't know if they have an imitation Python denim.

There were a few pieces I did not get to grab. The ss '16 line has a few gems but you know have they sell so fast even before they hit the store...

There is talks of some items restocking soon. I will find it what next time I talk to the manager at SLP Chicago. He switched cell numbers when he lost his phone and last time I was in there we talked so much I forgot to get his new number.

There is talks of some items restocking soon. I will find it what next time I talk to the manager at SLP Chicago. He switched cell numbers when he lost his phone and last time I was in there we talked so much I forgot to get his new number.

Ryan?

Yep, been my guy since the store opened. He was a friend of friend who worked at Barneys and set me up with him. He was in sales at the time but now runs the store. Knowledgeable guy in fashion and not just SLP. We chop it up every time I'm in there.

Nice. Yeah, Ryan's cool as hell.
Like you said, really into the culture and is quite knowledgable about a lot of other brands as well.

Most importantly, he doesn't seem to be an elitist at all.
Good guy.

Quote:
it's a unique idea. Don't know the price but I'm pretty sure it's out my range, but something I'd mess with.
Seriously? That's something my 14 year old brother and tons of hypebeasts would've wanted to make back in 2011 when python skin was super trendy.

If you're going to use python skin, don't just frivolously layer it under some basic ripped jeans (epitome of tacky) or apply such an expensive skin to a very played out (albeit classic) biker jacket. It's just lazy considering the absurd prices he's trying to charge.

When python skin was actually trendy ~4 years ago, there was a ton of python skin jackets like that being made by small instagram brands and larger, legitimate luxury brands. They're being made constantly, actually. At least some of those actually have unique patterns, construction and details.

Just look at the boots he's releasing. Brown suede chelsea boots. Wow! Genius! Most importantly - they have ZIPS on the side!

Last edited:
Reactions: God
Quote:

Seriously? That's something my 14 year old brother and tons of hypebeasts would've wanted to make back in 2011 when python skin was super trendy.

If you're going to use python skin, don't just frivolously layer it under some basic ripped jeans (epitome of tacky) or apply such an expensive skin to a very played out (albeit classic) biker jacket. It's just lazy considering the absurd prices he's trying to charge.

When python skin was actually trendy ~4 years ago, there was a ton of python skin jackets like that being made by small instagram brands and larger, legitimate luxury brands. They're being made constantly, actually. At least some of those actually have unique patterns, construction and details.

Just look at the boots he's releasing. Brown suede chelsea boots. Wow! Genius! Most importantly - they have ZIPS on the side!
yea I like what I like, trends don't impact that. The distressed denim with the python underneath is :pimp:
If you don't like it that's your prerogative but it's a nice idea. And every brand bites off of others on certain ideas. It's a cycle that goes on forever. As long as you aint vamp life the ideas it's cool :lol:
How many high end brands have their version of chucks? And louis Leeman biting off of louboutin. Instead of concerning yourself with what others think of products buy what you like

yea I like what I like, trends don't impact that. The distressed denim with the python underneath is
pimp.gif

If you don't like it that's your prerogative but it's a nice idea. And every brand bites off of others on certain ideas. It's a cycle that goes on forever. As long as you aint vamp life the ideas it's cool
laugh.gif

How many high end brands have their version of chucks? And louis Leeman biting off of louboutin. Instead of concerning yourself with what others think of products buy what you like
You seem to be a respected poster here and everything -  but I just have to say that after seeing some of the "luxury" items you post, your taste is quite narrowed in on very gaudy, flashy items. And yes, you're obviously entitled to your opinion and to buy whatever you like. Although my breakdown in previous post(s) about this Amiri guy is more objective than subjective. He's not a designer and he doesn't have a genuine "luxury" brand. You're being fooled. If you do not care about originality, credibility, or authenticity, by all means go ahead and purchase from him. I'm not singling him out either, because there's several similar people/brands I could list that have recently started exploiting and distorting the true concept of "luxury" through a bunch of cheap gimmicks, social media facades and forced celebrity endorsement.

You bring up Louis Leeman (who I had never heard of until I just Googled him a few minutes ago). I'm not sure what your point is, because there's no excuse for that guy and his unoriginal brand either. It seems to be the equivalent of Amiri except it's just shoes/sneakers. There's several

Yes, a lot of high end brands do have versions of chucks. I imagine you're thinking of some sneakers from Margiela, Lanvin, Saint Laurent, etc who've arguably made their own sneakers very similar to a classic shoe (ex. Chucks or Stan Smiths). The thing is - these are highly credible, world renowned, storied fashion houses who've paved their way into the industry through incredible, unique collections, ready to wear garments and more, over the course of several decades. It's not a big deal whatsoever when a real designer brand like that releases an obvious 'inspired' shoe. They've rightfully earned the leeway to do it, even though it's obviously not the ideal way to go about business. At the very least, they're very self-aware of the blatant inspiration and there's often a mutual form of respect between that designer brand and casual brand (ex. Converse, Adidas). Besides, a simple men's sneaker is such a tiny, minor representation of what these brands will ever offer. It's not a premier product or anything.

You seem to be a respected poster here and everything -  but I just have to say that after seeing some of the "luxury" items you post, your taste is quite narrowed in on very gaudy, flashy items. And yes, you're obviously entitled to your opinion and to buy whatever you like. Although my breakdown in previous post(s) about this Amiri guy is more objective than subjective. He's not a designer and he doesn't have a genuine "luxury" brand. You're being fooled. If you do not care about originality, credibility, or authenticity, by all means go ahead and purchase from him. I'm not singling him out either, because there's several similar people/brands I could list that have recently started exploiting and distorting the true concept of "luxury" through a bunch of cheap gimmicks, social media facades and forced celebrity endorsement.

You bring up Louis Leeman (who I had never heard of until I just Googled him a few minutes ago). I'm not sure what your point is, because there's no excuse for that guy and his unoriginal brand either. It seems to be the equivalent of Amiri except it's just shoes/sneakers. There's several

Yes, a lot of high end brands do have versions of chucks. I imagine you're thinking of some sneakers from Margiela, Lanvin, Saint Laurent, etc who've arguably made their own sneakers very similar to a classic shoe (ex. Chucks or Stan Smiths). The thing is - these are highly credible, world renowned, storied fashion houses who've paved their way into the industry through incredible, unique collections, ready to wear garments and more, over the course of several decades. It's not a big deal whatsoever when a real designer brand like that releases an obvious 'inspired' shoe. They've rightfully earned the leeway to do it, even though it's obviously not the ideal way to go about business. At the very least, they're very self-aware of the blatant inspiration and there's often a mutual form of respect between that designer brand and casual brand (ex. Converse, Adidas). Besides, a simple men's sneaker is such a tiny, minor representation of what these brands will ever offer. It's not a premier product or anything.
So because they are a highly respected fashion house they can copy designs but guys like Amiri don't get that pass? You're being narrow minded in that regard. If something is fire it's fire, doesn't matter if SLP made it or some random guy off the street. You're complaining about Amiri force feeding his brand upon people by having celebs wear it but that's exactly what these fashion houses have been doing, only far longer then him and the new guys. You say you're in the fashion game heavy yet never heard of leeman? His shoes are sold at most major department stores. Forget brand names for a minute, a dope item is a dope item and to me those python distressed denim jeans are tough. If you're an Alexander Wang plain tee type of guy dropping $1000 on something that is damn near identical to something you could get at footlocker minus the stitching that's on you, but dudes are constantly trying to get into the designer game and it's easier said then done, don't bash everything just cuz it aint backed by a billion dollar corporation. If you wanna complain bring up hood by air, the majority of their pieces are trash

So because they are a highly respected fashion house they can copy designs but guys like Amiri don't get that pass? You're being narrow minded in that regard. If something is fire it's fire, doesn't matter if SLP made it or some random guy off the street. You're complaining about Amiri force feeding his brand upon people by having celebs wear it but that's exactly what these fashion houses have been doing, only far longer then him and the new guys. You say you're in the fashion game heavy yet never heard of leeman? His shoes are sold at most major department stores. Forget brand names for a minute, a dope item is a dope item and to me those python distressed denim jeans are tough. If you're an Alexander Wang plain tee type of guy dropping $1000 on something that is damn near identical to something you could get at footlocker minus the stitching that's on you, but dudes are constantly trying to get into the designer game and it's easier said then done, don't bash everything just cuz it aint backed by a billion dollar corporation. If you wanna complain bring up hood by air, the majority of their pieces are trash
I can't believe some of the points you just attempted to make. Wow.

Plain and simple: Mike Amiri is a fraud. He's not a real designer whatsoever. Have you not any of my posts on this subject? The fact you think he deserves a "pass" on being grossly unoriginal is just appalling to me. The guy is an absolute nobody who depends on the real fashion houses to set the trends while he tags along and whips up a tacky alternative. I'm just repeating myself at this point and I don't think you're getting any of it.

The fact you're trying to discredit me because I haven't heard of this Louis Leeman guy who blatantly copies Christian Louboutin sneakers is also quite hilarious to me. Thousands of brands are in a variety of high end department stores nowadays. It doesn't mean a thing. Nobody knows them all and it doesn't excuse him from being a lazy hack who can't design. From my quick Google search, he seems to be the perfect sneaker equivalent of Mikey Amiri. He's a narcissist who thrives off the self-gratification of seeing a product with his name on it being sold for high prices among real luxury designer brands, who is enabled by connections in the industry to get them in stores and to celebrities - and most of all, enabled by easily-impressed consumers with no standards or concept of what a real designer or luxury brand truly is. This may or may not be you.

And no, I'm not bashing something because it's not backed by a billion dollar corporation. Classic straw-man fallacy here. The amount of money behind a brand has absolutely nothing to do with any of what I'm saying. It's about credibility, originality and authenticity. There's a ton of brands, both big and small, who I respect because they actually carry those traits. It's primarily about originality.

I'm sorry, but you're the exact type of consumer I'd expect to say the things you say and support a guy + similar brands like this. I wish I could find a way to say some of this without sounding super condescending, but I guess being blunt will have to do.

Last edited:
I can't believe some of the points you just attempted to make. Wow.

Plain and simple: Mike Amiri is a fraud. He's not a real designer whatsoever. Have you not any of my posts on this subject? The fact you think he deserves a "pass" on being grossly unoriginal is just appalling to me. The guy is an absolute nobody who depends on the real fashion houses to set the trends while he tags along and whips up a tacky alternative. I'm just repeating myself at this point and I don't think you're getting any of it.

The fact you're trying to discredit me because I haven't heard of this Louis Leeman guy who blatantly copies Christian Louboutin sneakers is also quite hilarious to me. Thousands of brands are in a variety of high end department stores nowadays. It doesn't mean a thing. Nobody knows them all and it doesn't excuse him from being a lazy hack who can't design. From my quick Google search, he seems to be the perfect sneaker equivalent of Mikey Amiri. He's a narcissist who thrives off the self-gratification of seeing a product with his name on it being sold for high prices among real luxury designer brands, who is enabled by connections in the industry to get them in stores and to celebrities - and most of all, enabled by easily-impressed consumers with no standards or concept of what a real designer or luxury brand truly is. This may or may not be you.

And no, I'm not bashing something because it's not backed by a billion dollar corporation. Classic straw-man fallacy here. The amount of money behind a brand has absolutely nothing to do with any of what I'm saying. It's about credibility, originality and authenticity. There's a ton of brands, both big and small, who I respect because they actually carry those traits. It's primarily about originality.

I'm sorry, but you're the exact type of consumer I'd expect to say the things you say and support a guy + similar brands like this. I wish I could find a way to say some of this without sounding super condescending, but I guess being blunt will have to do.
you are a fool, fashion houses like louis vuitton get sued all the time by brands and people they rip off, but have enough money to cover it up 99% of the time. Ideas based upon previous ideas is about as original as you can get nowadays the majority of the time. Most of the popular items in the market are based upon things that have been around for a minute. You are naive, I wear what I like and I like what I wear. If I got crystals on my *** saggin the robins it may be flashy but at least I got some personality and not going with the status quo and buying **** just cuz it's backed by a billion dollar corporation

you are a fool, fashion houses like louis vuitton get sued all the time by brands and people they rip off, but have enough money to cover it up 99% of the time. Ideas based upon previous ideas is about as original as you can get nowadays the majority of the time. Most of the popular items in the market are based upon things that have been around for a minute. You are naive, I wear what I like and I like what I wear. If I got crystals on my *** saggin the robins it may be flashy but at least I got some personality and not going with the status quo and buying **** just cuz it's backed by a billion dollar corporation
The fact you think I'm putting forth some type of "only buy from established, big brands/corporations like Saint Laurent, Gucci, etc." is just ridiculous and is purely a straw man fallacy. Everything I've said has flew right over your head.

I actually sew and create a lot my clothes by the way... Anything else I own that's branded isn't from a big brand.

You can't just rationalize and claim "oh well all brands copy, most ideas are based off something previously done, etc. etc.". There's so many different factors involved that will vary from brand to brand, product to product. It's not that simple. Maybe to you it is...

Honestly, the message of initial post wasn't really meant to reach someone who has a very gaudy, flashy taste. And that's fine. Please continue buying whatever you like or posting whatever you want in here. I'm not going to heckle you for it.

Last edited:
Amiri denim is dope to me, i like what I like and buy what I like....don't care about all that originality or any other bs, only thing that I think is ridiculous is those $400 shotgun tees

The fact you think I'm putting forth some type of "only buy from established, big brands/corporations like Saint Laurent, Gucci, etc." is just ridiculous and is purely a straw man fallacy. Everything I've said has flew right over your head.

I actually sew and create a lot my clothes by the way... Anything else I own that's branded isn't from a big brand.

You can't just rationalize and claim "oh well all brands copy, most ideas are based off something previously done, etc. etc.". There's so many different factors involved that will vary from brand to brand, product to product. It's not that simple. Maybe to you it is...

Honestly, the message of initial post wasn't really meant to reach someone who has a very gaudy, flashy taste. And that's fine. Please continue buying whatever you like or posting whatever you want in here. I'm not going to heckle you for it.
that's the issue, you think you're special cuz you worked in the industry. At the end of the day the product that these high end brands put out for the most part is rehashed crap, we just choose to buy it. If it aint broke don't fix it, which I ain't mad at but you coming in here saying SLP and all these other brands have originality is ridiculous for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom