Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER CLOTHING (pics)...............

that's the issue, you think you're special cuz you worked in the industry. At the end of the day the product that these high end brands put out for the most part is rehashed crap, we just choose to buy it. If it aint broke don't fix it, which I ain't mad at but you coming in here saying SLP and all these other brands have originality is ridiculous for the most part.
"you coming in here saying SLP and all these other brands have originality is ridiculous for the most part." - Another straw man fallacy from you that implies a couple of really absurd things. I'm not going to bother breaking this down.

Listen, it really doesn't take someone who's worked in the industry to say or know any of this.

I think it's fair to say you're mainly into "cool sh*t" or "fire pickups" - as opposed to men's fashion or luxury brands/designers/fashion in general - which is fine.

You don't seem to look (or care) for a variety of basic characteristics when it comes to a brand or designer. If something is "fire", you buy it, you wear it, end of story.

I know that myself and so many others (including several people in here I'm sure) are typically looking beyond just individual items. There's actual interest in a brand or designer as a whole, keeping up with their collections, etc.. - you become a fan of the styling, the aesthetic, the construction and cut of certain pieces. Above all is the originality and recognizing what's unique.

Last edited:
I can't believe some of the points you just attempted to make. Wow.

Plain and simple: Mike Amiri is a fraud. He's not a real designer whatsoever. Have you not any of my posts on this subject? The fact you think he deserves a "pass" on being grossly unoriginal is just appalling to me. The guy is an absolute nobody who depends on the real fashion houses to set the trends while he tags along and whips up a tacky alternative. I'm just repeating myself at this point and I don't think you're getting any of it.

The fact you're trying to discredit me because I haven't heard of this Louis Leeman guy who blatantly copies Christian Louboutin sneakers is also quite hilarious to me. Thousands of brands are in a variety of high end department stores nowadays. It doesn't mean a thing. Nobody knows them all and it doesn't excuse him from being a lazy hack who can't design. From my quick Google search, he seems to be the perfect sneaker equivalent of Mikey Amiri. He's a narcissist who thrives off the self-gratification of seeing a product with his name on it being sold for high prices among real luxury designer brands, who is enabled by connections in the industry to get them in stores and to celebrities - and most of all, enabled by easily-impressed consumers with no standards or concept of what a real designer or luxury brand truly is. This may or may not be you.

And no, I'm not bashing something because it's not backed by a billion dollar corporation. Classic straw-man fallacy here. The amount of money behind a brand has absolutely nothing to do with any of what I'm saying. It's about credibility, originality and authenticity. There's a ton of brands, both big and small, who I respect because they actually carry those traits. It's primarily about originality.

I'm sorry, but you're the exact type of consumer I'd expect to say the things you say and support a guy + similar brands like this. I wish I could find a way to say some of this without sounding super condescending, but I guess being blunt will have to do.

You have less than 10 posts and they are all filled with negativity and hate towards Amiri, who hurt you? The guys is making moves and trying to build something, making money, if you don't like it, cool, we get it, time will tell what happens with the brand.
Alp is good folk [emoji]128123[/emoji] You seem to think your opinion is more valuable than his, he likes what he likes, you like what you like, live and let live. It isn't that serious. It's just clothes [emoji]129303[/emoji]

that's the issue, you think you're special cuz you worked in the industry. At the end of the day the product that these high end brands put out for the most part is rehashed crap, we just choose to buy it. If it aint broke don't fix it, which I ain't mad at but you coming in here saying SLP and all these other brands have originality is ridiculous for the most part.

Nothing is new under the sun. [emoji]127774[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
You have less than 10 posts and they are all filled with negativity and hate towards Amiri, who hurt you? The guys is making moves and trying to build something, making money, if you don't like it, cool, we get it, time will tell what happens with the brand.
Alp is good folk [emoji]128123[/emoji] You seem to think your opinion is more valuable than his, he likes what he likes, you like what you like, live and let live. It isn't that serious. It's just clothes [emoji]129303[/emoji]
Nothing is new under the sun. [emoji]127774[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]
You're reading things in a negative tone. I'm simply trying to provide context to some of these disingenuous, faux-luxury, instagram brands out there fooling you. I thought I'd post about one who I noticed popping up here more often than others. There's plenty.

Now, the fact you're trying to dismiss me because of a lack of internet posts is just petty and immature. Not to mention the fluffy, corny excuses you give to avoid actually debating and engaging in a proper conversation about the subject: "Life is life, live and let live, who hurt you/y you mad, you like different stuff... He's making money and making moves, can't hate, you don't like it, cool, life is life, let live, time happens, nothing new under the sun" - I can't take you seriously with this.

I don't think his opinion is inferior to mine at all. I've tried to break down why there's such a difference between our perspectives and it honestly seems to come down to caring about authenticity, integrity and originality behind these "luxury" items that people are willing to spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on.

Y'all would pay $900 on jeans? :lol:
For the right pair yea. In general no

You're reading things in a negative tone. I'm simply trying to provide context to some of these disingenuous, faux-luxury, instagram brands out there fooling you. I thought I'd post about one who I noticed popping up here more often than others. There's plenty.

Now, the fact you're trying to dismiss me because of a lack of internet posts is just petty and immature. Not to mention the fluffy, corny excuses you give to avoid actually debating and engaging in a proper conversation about the subject: "Life is life, live and let live, who hurt you/y you mad, you like different stuff... He's making money and making moves, can't hate, you don't like it, cool, life is life, let live, time happens, nothing new under the sun" - I can't take you seriously with this.

I don't think his opinion is inferior to mine at all. I've tried to break down why there's such a difference between our perspectives and it honestly seems to come down to caring about authenticity, integrity and originality behind these "luxury" items that people are willing to spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on.
you are coming off as a guy who's trying to say he's superior to everyone on here by downplaying brands. Your perspective is based off of fooling clients to drop exorbitant prices on "luxury" items based on the branding which high end fashion houses can put on their items. Taking an existing idea and putting your mix on it is not the same as a blatant ripoff. Louis vuitton has gotten sued by new balance and other shoe companies due to blantantly copying their designs. Even now they have what looks like a nike roshe run rip off and a air force 1 look alike, along with some chucks. Where is the originality there? If they are so innovative they could make a new goddamn shoe design instead of releasing almost the same model for the past 10 years :lol:
And the design on the back of their ready to wear jeans mimic other brands too. I can go on and on all day but there is no need. We all know these brands have very few original ideas and Amiri is doing more with the python jeans then most high end brands have done in a while in terms of originality

that goes for every brand in this thread :lol:

That's what I'm saying, pick out what you really like and can afford, try to only get items that you will get good use out of and will stand the test of time, to try somewhat offset, justify the money spent, that's all you can do really, there's plenty of things I see that I don't like, I don't give it my attention, keep it moving.

That's what I'm saying, pick out what you really like and can afford, try to only get items that you will get good use out of and will stand the test of time, to try somewhat offset, justify the money spent, that's all you can do really, there's plenty of things I see that I don't like, I don't give it my attention, keep it moving.
yup pretty much

For the right pair yea. In general no
you are coming off as a guy who's trying to say he's superior to everyone on here by downplaying brands. Your perspective is based off of fooling clients to drop exorbitant prices on "luxury" items based on the branding which high end fashion houses can put on their items. Taking an existing idea and putting your mix on it is not the same as a blatant ripoff. Louis vuitton has gotten sued by new balance and other shoe companies due to blantantly copying their designs. Even now they have what looks like a nike roshe run rip off and a air force 1 look alike, along with some chucks. Where is the originality there? If they are so innovative they could make a new goddamn shoe design instead of releasing almost the same model for the past 10 years
laugh.gif

And the design on the back of their ready to wear jeans mimic other brands too. I can go on and on all day but there is no need. We all know these brands have very few original ideas and Amiri is doing more with the python jeans then most high end brands have done in a while in terms of originality
More absurdity. More lazy comparisons.

At this point, I'd just be repeating several points I've already made (if I haven't already). I don't feel like doing that.

More absurdity. More lazy comparisons.

At this point, I'd just be repeating several points I've already made (if I haven't already). I don't feel like doing that.
dude you're talking out your *** and brown nosing brands for no reason, we don't do that here

I'm backing my points with factual ideas, you're rebuttal consists of poorly thought of concepts

I'm backing my points with factual ideas, you're rebuttal consists of poorly thought of concepts
"Factual ideas" - Oh man...
dude you're talking out your *** and brown nosing brands for no reason, we don't do that here
"Brown nosing brands" - What on earth are you reading? Surely they can't be my posts. You've somehow drawn this conclusion from what I've said? Wow. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom