Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever wants to cop still from the YSL private sale better do so quickly. The scum have already started to litter Grailed with all of those items. It ain't a coincidence that within the last like 15 hours, a **** load of SLP boots and other items just appeared on Grailed with mark ups of like $150 more than they cost on the sale.

Whoever wants to cop still from the YSL private sale better do so quickly. The scum have already started to litter Grailed with all of those items. It ain't a coincidence that within the last like 15 hours, a **** load of SLP boots and other items just appeared on Grailed with mark ups of like $150 more than they cost on the sale.

:lol: dudes already on it

Last edited:
laugh.gif
dudes already on it
I understand that every $ of profit is profit, but I still don't get why you would drop like 10K to make like under 2K in profit. A dude has Teddys up, the T Rex sweaters and Hawaiian shirts all up and ish.

I understand that every $ of profit is profit, but I still don't get why you would drop like 10K to make like under 2K in profit. A dude has Teddys up, the T Rex sweaters and Hawaiian shirts all up and ish.

The slp bubble has mostly burst. They will be lucky to make $2k. A lot of items that would have normally sold didn't this season. Celebrity endorsements are also down.

Disgusting.

investing 10k to make almost 2k in profit sounds like a pretty good come up if you ask me
I wasn't being literal. It isn't guaranteed they'd make that profit. It would actually look like a lot less based on how they seem to be pricing ish. Like getting 50$ over the price they paid etc.

Disgusting.
The slp bubble has mostly burst. They will be lucky to make $2k. A lot of items that would have normally sold didn't this season. Celebrity endorsements are also down.
I know @TomDiginson. Re selling legit pisses me the f off. When @Instagram posted this morning, there was a full size run of most things. I can guarantee you that the low stock on some items now has nothing to do with people just buying for personal wear. It's all those ******* on Grailed who post like 10 pairs of the same boot and try to make like 100 on each pair...

I also think it's true @flyknitJB that SLP is slowly dying. The cool factor that was built when Hedi was around is shifting toward people feeling the aesthetic is played out and tired. People will still hop on SLP heavily discounted, but private collection ish that used to sell like hot cakes are sitting now.

Kinda glad that's happening. Now I won't see so many Bryson TillerxScott Dissick fusion walking about the place.

what's the lowest the SLP SL10h black/royal blue usually go to? Friend's dog chewed up one shoe and it's been a while since i bought anything designer. Should I cop the one on Barneys right now or do they usually go a bit lower somewhere else? 

I know @TomDiginson
. Re selling legit pisses me the f off. When @Instagram posted this morning, there was a full size run of most things. I can guarantee you that the low stock on some items now has nothing to do with people just buying for personal wear. It's all those ******* on Grailed who post like 10 pairs of the same boot and try to make like 100 on each pair...

I also think it's true @flyknitJB
that SLP is slowly dying. The cool factor that was built when Hedi was around is shifting toward people feeling the aesthetic is played out and tired. People will still hop on SLP heavily discounted, but private collection ish that used to sell like hot cakes are sitting now.

Agreed. Skinny everything and some type of slp boot look is mostly going away. Even celebrities that heavily dressed in the aesthetic are opting for looser options or completely different looks. Slp didn't do themselves any favors either with basically a continuation of surf sound.

Agreed. Skinny everything and some type of slp boot look is mostly going away. Even celebrities that heavily dressed in the aesthetic are opting for looser options or completely different looks. Slp didn't do themselves any favors either with basically a continuation of surf sound.
100. Do y'all even consider the Harness boots to be "classic" or are they just super popular because they are cool looking somewhat hypebeast boots? The chelsea boots are definitely classic and if you buy a pair of those, they can be worn far past the trends of SLP. I'm not convinced that Harness boots will be as versatile as an investment going forward so I'm hesitant to cop a pair.

100. Do y'all even consider the Harness boots to be "classic" or are they just super popular because they are cool looking somewhat hypebeast boots? The chelsea boots are definitely classic and if you buy a pair of those, they can be worn far past the trends of SLP. I'm not convinced that Harness boots will be as versatile as an investment going forward so I'm hesitant to cop a pair.

It's probably the latter. Even Chelsea boots in streetware can be viewed as a fad. After Kanye made them popular and other celebrities started rocking them, tons of designers started making them. Even fast fashion hopped on the wagon. If bigger boots come back, most of slp boots will be redundant

SLP experienced 25% sales growth in 2016. It's the sixth straight year of 20+ percent sales growth. There's a reason they're raising prices.

SLP experienced 25% sales growth in 2016. It's the sixth straight year of 20+ percent sales growth. There's a reason they're raising prices.

2016 might have been the peak. This season has sat mostly. Items that would have sold out in seconds in the past have sat. Price increase might have something to do with that too.

2016 might have been the peak. This season has sat mostly. Items that would have sold out in seconds in the past have sat. Price increase might have something to do with that too.

How do you know that stuff sat? Are you tracking SLP sales? And maybe things just sat where you are?

And as far as the SLP aesthetic goes, people have been dressing like that in NYC, Paris, and similar fashion centers for decades. It's not new or a fad; Hedi just did a great job distilling in into one brand.

And luxury brands usually only raise prices when they're doing well and they customers will pay for the price hike. For years Chanel prices were flat and then when flap bags came back heavy, they started raising prices every 6 months.

How do you know that stuff sat? Are you tracking SLP sales? And maybe things just sat where you are?

And as far as the SLP aesthetic goes, people have been dressing like that in NYC, Paris, and similar fashion centers for decades. It's not new or a fad; Hedi just did a great job distilling in into one brand.

Going off of what's on sale currently, sitting at local stores and websites. I'm just saying in general the high of slp probably is over.

@flyknitJB ain't wrong in saying the SLP aesthetic has fallen off. You're right @JT Doom that chelsea boots with tailored pants and other boots like the western inspired stuff is historically worn for decades, but the extreme skinniness of SLP is a fad. Painted on tight jeans and even the super slim profile of the boots is not "classic and present for decades". It's naive to say that Hedi is just releasing classic designs. He is but everything is an extreme modernization.

This age of SLP is tailor made for the pencil leg look with malnourished looking models. Not even saying its just SLP because all the big fashion houses have done it, but I don't see tight pants on men remaining as the norm going forward. It went from baggy as hell in the 90s, to semi fitted in the 2000s, to completely skin tight now.

Last edited:
@flyknitJB
ain't wrong in saying the SLP aesthetic has fallen off. You're right @JT Doom
that chelsea boots with tailored pants and other boots like the western inspired stuff is historically worn for decades, but the extreme skinniness of SLP is a fad. Painted on tight jeans and even the super slim profile of the boots is not "classic and present for decades". It's naive to say that Hedi is just releasing classic designs. He is but everything is an extreme modernization.

This age of SLP is tailor made for the pencil leg look with malnourished looking models. Not even saying its just SLP because all the big fashion houses have done it, but I don't see tight pants on men remaining as the norm going forward. It went from baggy as hell in the 90s, to semi fitted in the 2000s, to completely skin tight now.

Spot on with how I feel too. The classic versions of what slp makes isn't super skinny. Maybe these items stick around but in a non skinny form. We already kind of got it with the crepe harnsss boot. It's a fair bit more chunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom