Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by balenciaga NYC today. They're taking names down for the pythons and stuff coming out but not doing preorders yet(at least for me, I know the real clients got their pairs on lock already). They also had a sz47 black pleated on the shelf.
Just curious, what info did you get from in-store about whats dropping soon, I was aware of the Pythons but the other stuff coming out you mentioned?

I'd have to disagree. If you've seen the shoe in person, it isn't the most impressive thing to behold. It's huge and clunky and the design isn't the greatest, it's like a pair of knock-off DBSS.

I mean SLPs are probably more famous than Arenas right now and I do not remember many celebs wearing them. And MMM rarely go to thousands, typical GAT lows are $500 and often can be found on sale. Even the Vags are around what, $700-$800?

I think the sudden boost in SLP exposure is almost solely from the bred/royal colorways leading to people picking up other cw's. Also the cheapest the (are we really just gonna call them Vags from now on though :lol: ) sit at a comfortable 865 (patent leather pairs) without sale price, but usually are at ~940 (calf hairs, reflective python, nubuck). Might be a little off with the numbers but they're roughly around there. 

Believe it or not, calf hair, python, ostrich are special pieces, they aren't the norm and that is why I said they rarely go for that much. You still can't be calling them a "thou" just because it's "close enough".

Your point that no celebs are wearing Givenchy and that is why it isn't selling is still false though. As a matter of fact, I've seen more celebs wear Givenchy than SLP. I get that SLPs are selling due to the colorway but that just further negates your argument that these shoes are selling based solely on celebs wearing them.

Saw this pair today in store and they are really nice, I try to hold back and wait for discount lol.

Have these been discounted yet? Still on my radar...

Have these been discounted yet? Still on my radar...
They were half off with the Sax Fifth employee double discount I mentioned earlier, next one is slated for may sometime, If you someone working there you may want to get in there ear lol. Otherwise hadn't seen then discounted. Maybe check ebay depending on your size, I doubt they make fakes of these so you should be safe there.

Just curious, what info did you get from in-store about whats dropping soon, I was aware of the Pythons but the other stuff coming out you mentioned?
Red arenas again, some yellow/gold, a blueish green and some new cotes. The cotes look pretty nice

there's like 100$ difference between givenchy (which aren't 1000$ either technically) and the high top mmm so I think we can call them 1000$ sneakers since they basically will be after shipping and tax, let's not split calf hairs

I think gabe gabe s point was that at the 4 figure price point a shoe might need more exposure to sell, but a lot of celebs wear this sneaker. seems like celebs will wear anything givenchy at this point because people will know it's expensive. don't think I've ever seen any celebs wear rick owens geobaskets and they have no problem selling every season at 1300, while the rick Adidas which I feel got more exposure sold pretty well but other then the black and white ones are still sitting at a lot of places at 790. SLPs are popular right now because of the royal and bred colors, though I'm sure they're nowhere near as popular as the Arena unless you only consider this thread lol

tl;dr celebrities are influential but people still make their own decisions

First of all, I never called Givenchys a "thou" pair of shoes and not everyone has to pay shipping or tax and if we want to be technical, there are more MMM shoes that are in the $500-$600 range, he never specified Vags as the model he was talking about. Vags have only been recently worn more and mostly by Usher and Kanye but those things sat and sat on the shelves. I think I may have seen more celebs wear GATs than the Vags so again, invalid point on Givenchy and celeb connection.

I mean read his post again:

Not enough celebs wearing Givenchy sneakers to hype it, so doubt many are willing to shell out a thou for 'em when they can just get MMM, which seems to be the go-to thousand dollar shoe in the thread.

I mean dude practically said No one will buy Givenchy because not many celebs wear them and cost $1k and no one will pay a $1k for them when MMM cost the same? I mean he didn't mention preference and just assumes everyone buys from celeb sightings.

And no, $1000 shoe doesn't need celeb exposure to sell, as you said Geos sell and not many celebs wears them.

No one is arguing celebs influence people to buy, I mean look at the Yeezys.

I'd say SLPs are a bit more popular right now just because most still do not have them while most have a pair of the Arenas already. Both are selling out on sight but SLPs are a bit more sought right now. But again the point is celebs didn't hype the SLPs, hell when I first posted it here, I was like one of two who liked them, most just bashed them and told people to buy Stan Smiths instead. :lol:

[thread="4540"]Post Pics Of High End Designer Shoes Pics/23190#post_20404246Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45  

First of all, I never called Givenchys a "thou" pair of shoes and not everyone has to pay shipping or tax and if we want to be technical, there are more MMM shoes that are in the $500-$600 range, he never specified Vags as the model he was talking about. Vags have only been recently worn more and mostly by Usher and Kanye but those things sat and sat on the shelves. I think I may have seen more celebs wear GATs than the Vags so again, invalid point on Givenchy and celeb connection.

I mean read his post again:
I mean dude practically said No one will buy Givenchy because not many celebs wear them and cost $1k and no one will pay a $1k for them when MMM cost the same? I mean he didn't mention preference and just assumes everyone buys from celeb sightings.

And no, $1000 shoe doesn't need celeb exposure to sell, as you said Geos sell and not many celebs wears them.

No one is arguing celebs influence people to buy, I mean look at the Yeezys.

I'd say SLPs are a bit more popular right now just because most still do not have them while most have a pair of the Arenas already. Both are selling out on sight but SLPs are a bit more sought right now. But again the point is celebs didn't hype the SLPs, hell when I first posted it here, I was like one of two who liked them, most just bashed them and told people to buy Stan Smiths instead.
laugh.gif

Whew, long post. Maybe I shouldve clarified. I think it's been general consensus in this thread that the Givenchy sneaker silhouette isn't that desirable, as compared to SLP's or Rick Owens, so I meant to say it relies mostly on sales from people who buy what celebs buy, and most of the celebs wearing it aren't the celebrities that influence sales. Off the top of my head the most memorable ones are Swizz, Wale, and like. Jason Derulo. I'd say people who don't buy based off celebrity wears are more likely to spend a thousand on the Vags, which I figured was implied by me saying it was a thousand. True, the reflective python, calf hair and ostrich are special case, but the Nubuck pairs aren't and they're still 935, same price as the Givenchy sneakers I believe. And I mean cmon, at 935 they're pretty much thousand dollar sneakers. But yeah my post went off the implication that this thread didn't like the Givenchy sneakers based on past posts, and the assumption the thousand dollar MMM's are the Vags. Typing this on my phone so can't really proof read, but should be what I meant to say this time.
[/thread]

Last edited:
rfx45 rfx45 I guess you just like to argue b

Look who's talking. You have the most asinine complaints in this whole thread, always feels like you're trying to bait people.

I feel that his stance is invalid and wrong, I have every right to discuss it, it's discussion board. I like to discuss things. You don't want other people opinion, you're in the wrong place. You want to write something and not have to deal with people disagreeing, get a blog and put everyone on ignore.

This seems like the best thread for this question. Can anyone here elaborate on Tod's loafer/driver sizing? I'm looking to pick up a pair of suede gommino's for the summer. I usually hear they run large, however I bought a leather pair on eBay a while back which ran pretty small, so I'm not sure what to think. 

Whew, long post. Maybe I shouldve clarified. I think it's been general consensus in this thread that the Givenchy sneaker silhouette isn't that desirable, as compared to SLP's or Rick Owens, so I meant to say it relies mostly on sales from people who buy what celebs buy, and most of the celebs wearing it aren't the celebrities that influence sales. Off the top of my head the most memorable ones are Swizz, Wale, and like. Jason Derulo. I'd say people who don't buy based off celebrity wears are more likely to spend a thousand on the Vags, which I figured was implied by me saying it was a thousand. True, the reflective python, calf hair and ostrich are special case, but the Nubuck pairs aren't and they're still 935, same price as the Givenchy sneakers I believe. And I mean cmon, at 935 they're pretty much thousand dollar sneakers. But yeah my post went off the implication that this thread didn't like the Givenchy sneakers based on past posts to buy, and the assumption the thousand dollar MMM's are the Vags. Typing this on my phone so can't really proof read, but should be what I meant to say this time.

Yeah I wouldn't have gotten more than half of that from this sentence:

Not enough celebs wearing Givenchy sneakers to hype it, so doubt many are willing to shell out a thou for 'em when they can just get MMM, which seems to be the go-to thousand dollar shoe in the thread.

Yeah I wouldn't have gotten more than half of that from this sentence:

I know I know, bruv. Not justifying however the first post came off, just trying to say what I meant second time round. Out of curiosity though, still agree or disagree after more clarification?

rfx45 rfx45 the thing is, we're basically saying the same thing, but your still arguing with me like your right and I'm wrong. you don't like to discuss things, you like being right. you think your opinion is always right. i have opinions but I can agree to disagree, I really don't care to argue

shopping

i need a new pair of giuseppe

word i aint feelin those givenchy sneaks i seen em
Kith NYC always drops some pretty cool Giuseppe's that I don't see alot of people having. They go quick though as anything on that site......this Black Leather Woven pair and this Brown Crocodile print stood out to me. They still have a decent amount of styles still available in lows and highs.

ive seen some guiseppes at saks nyc with fringes in the back with crystals on em, they were :smokin

That brown pair is nice..  Just wish it didn't have the strap over the toe..  Make them look like some power range boots or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom